Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

well here's what I have for now:

The two complete will be static props, the other three will have electronics in them. Maybe it'll be TWO, and one with a swappable head.
photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

photo%205.JPG

photo%206.JPG

plus I have the two MR mini ones. ^_^

I only collect fx obis...

I will make a bunch of fx ready sabers in the future have 4 russ grenades,one parks,some russ and romans booster,and my old grenade...Waiting for romans clamps and still don't know about the pommels.
I would find a old booster and emitter to make a complete fx vintage saber,already have all other parts.

img_4210.jpg

img_4211.jpg

I posted this on the interest thread for Russ's boosters, but maybe this is a better place...

For guys on here in the know...

I have a matt black grenade... and I'm considering to go black matt on the booster, or black oxide... I'm going for the newer look, and like the idea of "black oxide SAME AS ORIGINAL" but I don't know how the two blacks will go together (Booster and Grenade...)

Obviously both being black matt would match... but how far off is black oxide (never seen a black oxide finish on these parts)

If there is a pic of this in this thread, it would be awesome if someone could point out which post... (wouldn't be surprised)

Thanks!

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there.

BPzRggmCIAEh-nA.jpg

Still need to trim the bubbles to fit the clamp and find some transistors, too.

Of the parts I have so far, only the handwheel and the grenade came from fellow RPF'ers. The booster came from a post on a gun board and the clamp and exactra bubbles from eBay. Not sure if I'm going to hold out for vintage transistors or not. Oh, and I'm not even thinking about a real BP right now. My bank account needs to recover a bit first. ;)

Came back to shop after 2 holiday weeks...
Will probably have for trade:
-damaged grenade(dug,and"cleaned",means new patina to do on brass,ring is cut,needs to be stuck)
-real hot handwheel(very nice condition),will keep the one I had today,not as good,but perfect for my own saber project.
-real male balance pipe I will probably convert to a female.

looking for a good original booster,not too damaged,but not mint.

Well... I just got my real grenade in. So all that's left is the elusive booster, that I think a LOT of us want to track down.

With my real BP, handwheel, clamp, bubbles, and the not pictured transistors, I'm almost there.

photo%201.jpg

photo%202.jpg

photo%205.jpg

photo%206.jpg

photo%207.jpg

photo%208.jpg

photo%209.jpg

photo%2010.jpg

photo%2011.jpg

photo%2012.jpg

I want to thank all you guys for the help in making this come together!!! You know who you are!

Hey Patrice,

Don't clean it ... please! Leave it alone ... why do you guys always feel you need to clean your vintage prop parts ... tsss ... so civilized!

-Chaim

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back