Nuts! I miss the '90's

I'm not sure about prime time starting at 7 in the 90s. Prime time starts at 7 in central and mountain time zones and 8 in eastern and pacific. I grew up in ny in the 80s/ 90s. It was always this way. Prior to 8 it was the news at 6 and either game shows or a syndicated television rerun (for me it was reruns of star trek tng).

But I do miss 90s television. Starting in 2001 I started working nights and stayed there until early this year. I rarely saw prime time, except on Sundays. I was excited about the prospect until I saw what was on... All reality tv/ game shows (that have become a hybrid of the two). Good grief! Where's my seinfeld, frasier, friends, x files, etc. You know- the stuff that had writers and actors and plots (I did like House). They're on netflix, that's where. That's all I watch now during prime time- netflix!

Ah, to be 'corrected' by someone who thinks they're making a point.

1) It doesn't matter when the show started, it was ON during the 90s.

2) Doctor Who was on my list of good shows from the 2000s - Making the point that both the 90s and 2000s had some good stuff.

TNG was on during the 1980s, but carried over into the 1990s. Doctor Who was on in the 1960s, 1970s and the 1980s (where it ended, failed to restart in the 1990s, and eventually restated in the 2000s). That's all I'm saying, no point trying to be made (just sharing info for those who may not know). Believe it or not, there are those who are into the newer series who are unaware of the older series (I should know, I've had a few try to tell me about Doctor Who, and I ended up telling them what they didn't know, which was the show's earlier years).

Last edited:
Maybe it just me, maybe I'm biased, but it's the 80's that seem the most UNIQUE to me.

And How.

I was discussing this with a friend of mine and he thinks the 10 we are in (2010 thru 2020) will be the "nerd" decade - when things like Comic Con and the entertainment of that ilk will be remembered fondly. Usually you can take the most embarrassing thing the decade had to offer and that is somehow tied to the theme it leaves behind. For a good long while you couldn't listen to Glam metal from the 80's - now teens blare the stuff. I had a group of my sons friends in awe because I told them i saw Def Leppard in concert for Hysteria, Michael Jackson and the Jacksons on the Victory Tour, Prince for Purple Rain, Springsteen for Born in the USA and -ahem - Duran Duran for Seven and the Ragged Tiger. They wanted to hear all about it - I used to do the same to my uncle when he talked about seeing Queen, The Sweet, Al Dimiola, Sly and the Family Stone and The Beatles.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back