No Time To Die (James Bond 25)

...they're likely killing off James Bond, and that woman is taking up the 007 mantle...

It wouldn't shock me to see them off the Craig Incarnation. I watch James Bond movies for the style of schlock and nonsense they bring to the action spy genera, not because I need the main character to have a particular background.

Though, if I recall, the "new 00' Agent", Naomi, played by Lashana Lynch, is likely 007 at the start of the film. Since James puttered off with Swann to retire at the end of the last one (and they don't retire numbers, they assign new agents).

"Paloma", the new Bond girl, sounded like something other than British when she spoke (kind of Hispanic, and apparently the actress is Cuban too), so despite the bond like moves they give her, I doubt she's showing up in the next one unless it's a buddy cop movie with her an Naomi (and even then, not as a 00').

lol

Do we really NEED another Bond film at all? How many movies does this "franchise" require? I'm perfectly satisfied with the 23 Bond films I already own. The original concept has become pretty dated, no matter who plays "Bond". This is just a studio capitalizing on the success of the name.
Personally I think Skyfall was the perfect jumping off point for the franchise.
Last week I watched Octopussy for the first time since 1983.... It went from cringy to comical several times. My enjoyment was purely nostalgia and not shared by my wife and kid.
"No time to die"? ...... Let him die, bond won't be gone, there will still be 25 films to enjoy.

Godzilla and Bond. For me that's all I got left for long term franchises that have been around since I wasn't even born and haven't been totally hijacked into something weird so I want them to continue until I die. I hope neither gets weird on me.

I'm also interested to see what Cary Fukunaga brings to the film. I'm hopefuly because of him, but you know, I also realize this is Craig's last go around, and they're likely killing off James Bond, and that woman is taking up the 007 mantle. All that crap makes me kind of wary of seeing this. I have not enjoyed a Bond movie in a while, so hopefully this one is at least entertaining and not tedious. :)

My own hypothesis is that she is the new 007 in the story, and that in the end both her and Bond die, leaving M to choose another 007, as well as name James Bond becoming the under cover name of any replacement.

Delayed until April 2021...

I get it, but I’m still disappointed. The entertainment industry needs to get creative in a world where most people aren’t going to the movie theater. Continually delaying until things blow over doesn’t seem like a good strategy to me...

I had really hoped they would opt for a home rental option, but seems like they’re really set on making this a theatrical release.

Sean

Not really a unique desire on my part for just this movie. But theaters are dead to me these days. It's a whole lot of pain in the ass for no real upside; and it's seemed like that opinion is become more and more common. I wish studios would get on board with at home releases.

Not really a unique desire on my part for just this movie. But theaters are dead to me these days. It's a whole lot of pain in the ass for no real upside; and it's seemed like that opinion is become more and more common. I wish studios would get on board with at home releases.

Agree and disagree.

Depends on the film for me.
I'm going to see Tenent in IMAX today for instance, first time back to theaters for me since the closings.
Or something in 3D that shines like the Train Your Dragon films.
Some films I couldn't imagine the experience without a crowd.
First time I saw Army of Darkness opening night the crowd was just so into it and all Evil Dead fans.
And Star Wars in 77? Jeezus that was a shared epic revelation that would have really been diminished
watching at home if that had been an option.

The downside is jerky people, not hearing some lines when there is a lot of laughter, I've had to walk
out of theaters because of too wild crowds.

With seating reservations a lot of the pain is gone though about good seats or needing to wait in lines.
Other films I'd rather be the only person in the theater.
And some things are fine to watch at home.

Sometimes things are better with other people, and I'm not super social or anything.
Watching a total eclipse a few years ago for the first time I wanted that human element
nearby. Next time maybe not.

And the darkened theater is sort of a magic place that helps transport me further away
from the "real" world.

Agree and disagree.

Depends on the film for me.
I'm going to see Tenent in IMAX today for instance, first time back to theaters for me since the closings.
Or something in 3D that shines like the Train Your Dragon films.
Some films I couldn't imagine the experience without a crowd.
First time I saw Army of Darkness opening night the crowd was just so into it and all Evil Dead fans.
And Star Wars in 77? Jeezus that was a shared epic revelation that would have really been diminished
watching at home if that had been an option.

The downside is jerky people, not hearing some lines when there is a lot of laughter, I've had to walk
out of theaters because of too wild crowds.

With seating reservations a lot of the pain is gone though about good seats or needing to wait in lines.
Other films I'd rather be the only person in the theater.
And some things are fine to watch at home.

Sometimes things are better with other people, and I'm not super social or anything.
Watching a total eclipse a few years ago for the first time I wanted that human element
nearby. Next time maybe not.

And the darkened theater is sort of a magic place that helps transport me further away
from the "real" world.
I definitely agree. Some movies are just as good at home, some better because you can pause to pee without having to decide which part of the movie you think will be worth missing. Other movies are definitely made for the big screen, or to be enjoyed socially. I'd never seen Jurassic Park on the big screen until its 20th anniversary re-release in 2013, and boy was it an experience! The big screen and total surround sound make it so much more epic. I'm also a big fan of the Halloween movies, and while I sincerely enjoy them, watching Halloween 2018 on the big screen with an entire audience of fellow die-hard fans, some of whom brought their own masks, was an experience unlike any other!

The last time I went to a theater was 2007 when we stopped on the way home from a long trip to see Transformers because we wanted to sit down for a while in air conditioning. That was it. Zero interest in ever going again.

Hi everyone, please delete if not allowed, I’m not certain where else I could post it. I have a NoTime to Die Rogue Territory Supply Jacket in size medium that I need to trade for a large. I’m unable to return the jacket, as I bought it new from another user, though it’s only been worn 3 times. No damage has been done, it is like new. It’s just a bit too snug on me, please let me know if you have a L you’d trade. Thank you

I must say that the pandemic made my theater experience better than before. I have a home theater and wasn't interested to deal with less than respectful and civil crowds...until this week-end in an near empty theatre and masked patrons ;)

I must say that the pandemic made my theater experience better than before. I have a home theater and wasn't interested to deal with less than respectful and civil crowds...until this week-end in an near empty theatre and masked patrons ;)
We don't have to wear masks in our theaters, but they do alternate the rows. Which means you'll never get a tall head in front of you!

I guess I'm old-fashioned but I enjoy the theater experience still. Especially with the blood of many filly the space; it's more that just a social event for me, when it's a great film, it's like sharing a dream. That's all I ever hope for going to the theater, and a fun Bond film is something I will always hold out hope for.

I pay for the inconvenience and I'm more than fine with it. With the advent of streaming and everyone and their mother having their own private service, a lot of stuff that I would normally see in the theater is just lost on these platforms; drowned in a sea of "content." Whatever theaters are, they are also filters, I know what's available and where to go to see it. And always guaranteed an experience when I do: good or ill. It's all just a part of it.

I know not many people care for it now, and it's sad---I also think it has a lot to do with the kinds of films made and released for the screen too---but I still see the cinema in the same kind of light as a church and watching a film going to service. Not every service is going to be rapturous, but when you're affected by something, it is like the face of God.

I guess I'm old-fashioned but I enjoy the theater experience still.

As do I. My wife is resistant to it, though. I have always loved it since I was a kid. I hear all these reports of rude and thoughtless people ruining the experience, and I have o wonder if the people in our area are just better behaved overall; a bad experience locally has been rare for me. There WAS a run maybe 20 years ago where there were a few movies with dunce in the audience messing around with laser pointers, but it has been many years since I encountered that.

It is a different experience having to haul my entire family to a theeater, though. It gets pricey. I'm perfectly okay skipping all the expensive concessions, expect for maybe a soda, but the rest of my family won't have it. Sometimes my wife goes to Walmart and fills her purse with snacks. Much less expensive, but I personally feel a little guilty for that -- I know the prices are insane at the theater, but I also know that is where their actual profits are made -- the profits that allow them to stay in business -- and that the rules stipulate no outside food or drink, and it is private property and they do have that right.

I just got a new 75-inch 4K QLED TV, replacing the 11-year old 60-inch plasma we had. There's a long story there, involving honest-to-God temporary insanity (I fervently pray it is temporary) for my wife, and her having a way over-the-top temper tantrum in which she hurled random objects at the screen until the TV stopped working, then pitched it off the entertainment center face-first for good measure. Never been so angry with her before in nearly 15 years of marriage (and she's done wild stuff before with her anger-management issues, but never THAT crazy). I was so angry I was trembling, but I guess I learned that I really just don't have it in me to beat my wife -- I guess she'd have to physically hurt one of our children to push me over that edge.

But anyway ... The other day she was pouting about wanting a new phone to replace the one she, through her own negligence, allowed to be stolen during an impromptu 1,000 mile drive to Texas that resulted in her being admitted to a mental health facility, resulting in her dad and I having to also make a drive out to Texas to get her and bring the other vehicle home -- part of the same whirlwind of craziness that resulted in the destruction of the TV. She wants an iPhone 11 to replace the one that was stolen (whoever stole it has a useless paperweight, since I locked it remotely right away), and I have offered her an iPhone SE (with the same storage capacity) for a couple hundred dollars less. "You bought a new TV," she whined. As gently as possible, I replied, "Ask yourself this question -- WHY did I get a new TV? No, my love, YOU bought the new TV. I would have been perfectly happy with the one we had for a few more years."

But I digress ... As impressed as I am with the 4K HDR picture and massive size (literally as large a TV as I could possibly fit in the space available), it still isn't the same as seeing a big movie -- Marvel, Star Wars, Bond, Pixar, you name it -- on a huge screen with 40-eleven-dozen speakers, with a crowd of other people laughing, crying. exulting, and, now and then, applauding. I love that!

SSB

Last edited:
I love seeing movies in the theater too. Unfortunately our local theater has blown out speakers and dim screens, so my wife and I were driving 2.5 hours to a bigger town with a much better and more modern cinema before covid. I haven't set foot inside a theater in over a year now.

I really don't mind watching films at home, but I'm seriously looking forward to settling into a theater seat with popcorn in hand. There will be a smile on my face.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing this film all that much. But at this point I'm ready to see ANY film in a theater. Looking forward to the new Bond flick either way.

I do think the at home movie experience is better, especially if you are in the US. If you can afford a nice tv and speakers (if you are in to it), you can easily buy a huge bag of amazing popcorn for a $1 at Walmart and grab some soda. Hell, at home you can also get a pizza to munch on which you cant do in theaters. (i dont know why but that $1 cheap popcorn in that huge plastic bag is amazing).

Bond has always been hit or miss with me so this isnt a must see imo although given the trend of every other bond film being good and Specter being bad, this might be good.

James Bond vs. The Phantom of the Opera, eh…? Other than that, I can’t glean any semblance of what the plot may be for this film, other than Bond shoots and gets shot at and that “nothing can prepare you” for this movie.

8043356D-19FE-40A5-A39F-F1C110198897.jpeg

There's a deranged part of me, that based on Rami's wardrobe, hopes he's some new version of Dr. No.

Start the movie's with the character, and let this one be the final Bond film, and end it with the same character.

I'm a bond fan, I think they're great, I think they're wonderful, but I feel like they just need to be done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back