No Time To Die (James Bond 25)

The scene where he drives by the plane I thought I saw Ethan Hunt hanging on the side of it.

The Trailer is much better than the early ones. They don't need to cancel Bond but they need to respect the character in future movies.

I do think the at home movie experience is better, especially if you are in the US. If you can afford a nice tv and speakers (if you are in to it), you can easily buy a huge bag of amazing popcorn for a $1 at Walmart and grab some soda. Hell, at home you can also get a pizza to munch on which you cant do in theaters. (i dont know why but that $1 cheap popcorn in that huge plastic bag is amazing).

Bond has always been hit or miss with me so this isnt a must see imo although given the trend of every other bond film being good and Specter being bad, this might be good.
I haven't stepped foot in a theater in nearly 20 years and probably never will again. I have zero interest in loud people kicking the back of my seat, talking on their phones, my feet sticking to the floor and if I have to go to the bathroom, I have to miss part of the movie.

Screw that. Home only for me.

He's up there at 50/51 when he made this film, but at least he's coming out of retirement, I think 45 was mandatory retirement book-wise for double 0s so this isn't too bad. IF they lived that long. Moore played Bond the oldest at 57. Cool! I got two more years to imagine myself as Bond! LOL!!!! Sometimes I have imagined Bond replacing M, though not sure that is probably a job Bond would ever want to do.

He's up there at 50/51 when he made this film, but at least he's coming out of retirement, I think 45 was mandatory retirement book-wise for double 0s so this isn't too bad. IF they lived that long. Moore played Bond the oldest at 57. Cool! I got two more years to imagine myself as Bond! LOL!!!! Sometimes I have imagined Bond replacing M, though not sure that is probably a job Bond would ever want to do.

Roger Moore was definitely past the expiration date in "Octopussy" and "View to a Kill." The role was written for somebody almost half that age. And RM was a handsome man but nobody would say he looked boyish. He always had a very grownup sort of face.

These days it's a different world. Actors have better cosmetic surgery + better steroids + CGI touch-ups + stunt doubles with CGI face replacements. Craig is Roger Moore's age but he doesn't look as old as Moore did. Craig's retirement after #25 is purely his choice.

I'm sure the studio would love to play it safe and keep using him for a few more movies if he was willing. Every time you recast the role, you risk getting the wrong guy and losing a movie (or two, or three). A veteran Bond actor costs more than a noob but it avoids the risk.

Roger Moore was definitely past the expiration date in "Octopussy" and "View to a Kill." The role was written for somebody almost half that age. And RM was a handsome man but nobody would say he looked boyish. He always had a very grownup sort of face.

These days it's a different world. Actors have better cosmetic surgery + better steroids + CGI touch-ups + stunt doubles with CGI face replacements. Craig is Roger Moore's age but he doesn't look as old as Moore did. Craig's retirement after #25 is purely his choice.

I'm sure the studio would love to play it safe and keep using him for a few more movies if he was willing. Every time you recast the role, you risk getting the wrong guy and losing a movie (or two, or three). A veteran Bond actor costs more than a noob but it avoids the risk.
Moore felt the same way, and was ready to retire after Moonraker for those reasons. They were going to recast, but then found out Connery's return would occur the same year as Octopussy and decided that was not a good time for a recast.

Managed to see this yesterday and thought it was brilliant. A fitting end to the Craig saga.

A lot punchier than Spectre yet, in spite of its runtime, it never feels overly long. Pushes the series into new, unexplored, territories (some of which will absolutely be the point of debate for years to come) while at the same time introducing some classical elements people have been asking for. Fukunaga stages some great action scenes while also handling the more intimate character moments with style and care.

Linus Sandgren's cinematography is on par with Deakin's work on Skyfall and Ana de Armas steals the show with her relatively small role. On a more negative note, Malek's villain isn't developed enough and there are some misplaced comedic characters in the mix.

Avoid spoilers if you can, lots of surprises in this one.

How much of it is woke propaganda?
It seems dependent on what you define as woke and too woke.

I do feel the Craig iteration of Bond is its own separate thing from previous Bonds. While the past Bonds were more popcorn movie flick where you dont need to see the previous iterations to understand the self-contained story, Craig Bond is heavily tied together to weave a more comprehensive narrative so now that Craig Bond has ended, a completely new Bond can begin.

I do agree with old Bond fans that Bond should be a white British dude though. Thats who Bond is and if you want a black Bond, maybe just make a spinoff Lester series.

Managed to see this yesterday and thought it was brilliant. A fitting end to the Craig saga.

A lot punchier than Spectre yet, in spite of its runtime, it never feels overly long. Pushes the series into new, unexplored, territories (some of which will absolutely be the point of debate for years to come) while at the same time introducing some classical elements people have been asking for. Fukunaga stages some great action scenes while also handling the more intimate character moments with style and care.

Linus Sandgren's cinematography is on par with Deakin's work on Skyfall and Ana de Armas steals the show with her relatively small role. On a more negative note, Malek's villain isn't developed enough and there are some misplaced comedic characters in the mix.

Avoid spoilers if you can, lots of surprises in this one.

I am excited and nervous. I hope I fall on the side of approving of any potential controversial directions they have taken.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back