Ninth Gate Balkan Lecture Lobby Card

On the OG topic. I'm still searching for this image. At present, the avenue I'm searching is that it is a scene depicting the angel of god / angel of death, visiting King David, after bringing the plague / pestilence in Israel. So I'm trying to search for old bible art.

Something that might be of interest to people following the thread. Been wanting to track down a copy of this for a few years now. Never got the email notification from Ebay that another had popped up for sale. Just seeing it sold about 10 days ago.

Kind of shocked by the price it sold for of €1250 though. Think the last one sold online for 300 on some German book site a couple of years ago, but the leather was a bit more brownish.

If it was someone here, congrats though! Magnificent looking copy of the Club Dumas book.

Attaching pics for a record, for when the ebay listing gets removed.

I could probably make something like that, minus the autograph of course. ;) I've made several variants of the Nine Gates in addition to the screen versions, including a version with Dante's Inferno, one with The Satanic Bible and another with The Necronomicon. A Club Dumas version wouldn't be all that difficult.

I think I have what you're looking for. Hope this helps, its called 7th song from page53 of Ragot De Granval , Le Vice Puni

You ABSOLUTE legend!

Amazing!!!!

I knew it was two flying demons, with another on the ground! It still bothers me about where I originally saw it in the 80s or 90s, but F that! The search is over!!!!!

LEGEND.

Edit: Hey RafalFett...... have 30 mins to spare? :lol:

Last edited:
Please don't get mad but it only took about 10 min. I searched the traditional way for about 5 min and didn't find much that yall didn't discover. Ultimately I brought up the movie, screenshotted the title card and did a reverse image search. Popped up immediately on an auction site. I think I spent more time posting the darn image than locating it.
I'm so sorry guys, I truly admire your dedication to the hunt. You guys are the legends.

Please don't get mad but it only took about 10 min. I searched the traditional way for about 5 min and didn't find much that yall didn't discover. Ultimately I brought up the movie, screenshotted the title card and did a reverse image search. Popped up immediately on an auction site. I think I spent more time posting the darn image than locating it.
I'm so sorry guys, I truly admire your dedication to the hunt. You guys are the legends.
Took you 10 mins in what this thread took what 12 years ? lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back