American Psycho Business Card Collection

AlanCottonwood

Howdy Folks:

While perusing an auction catalog of movie props/memorabilia, I came across a high resolution (5368x5098) auction lot photo of the five principal American Psycho business cards in a framed display. With Photoshop, I broke the photo up into five individual (3.5x2"@300dpi) documents and formatted each card (straightening, rotating, removing distortion, color editing to remove shadows and glare, painting out framing materials, etc...) into two formats: 1) FULL COLOR for folks that wish to produce a budget replica by printing directly to white cardstock with their personal printers, and 2) B&W "bleached" (for both color and paper texture) files for those folks that may wish to either perform further edits and/or export directly to relevant cardstock.

Having said that, I kept my edits restricted to card formatting and presentation -- taking care to produce as accurate a replica as possible by leaving all instances of wear and tear/scuffing (particularly visible on the Pierce & Pierce logo on the Luis Carruthers card) in addition to kerning and/or leading issues associated with the original text layout -- preserving the card's unique features "warts and all."

I, of course, did a search of the forums before posting and found a thread with no downloadable files and an admin notice discouraging adding further posts on account of the thread's age. I did not see any others so I took the liberty of posting my personal edits of this card lot. I hope you folks approve of the card reproductions and find them useful.

Attachments

• APBCAllenBONE.jpg
    APBCAllenBONE.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 67
  • APBCAllenWHITE.jpg
    APBCAllenWHITE.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 63
  • APBCBatemanBONE.jpg
    APBCBatemanBONE.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 59
  • APBCBatemanWHITE.jpg
    APBCBatemanWHITE.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 60
  • APBCBryceBUFF.jpg
    APBCBryceBUFF.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 49
  • APBCBryceWHITE.jpg
    APBCBryceWHITE.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 48
  • APBCCarruthersBONESTRIPE.jpg
    APBCCarruthersBONESTRIPE.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 47
  • APBCCarruthersWHITE.jpg
    APBCCarruthersWHITE.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 52
  • APBCVanPattenBEIGE.jpg
    APBCVanPattenBEIGE.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 45
  • APBCVanPattenWHITE.jpg
    APBCVanPattenWHITE.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 63

RafalFett

I was bored, so I redid the business cards from scratch with accurate fonts using the same photos from PropStore. These should print at 90 x 50 mm:
BC Carruthers Luis Original.png BC Carruthers Luis Corrected.png BC David Van Patten.png BC Patrick Bateman.png BC Paul Allen.png BC Timothy Bryce.png

The Carruthers card have 2 versions: the 1st is just like the original, while the 2nd version have the Mergers and Aquisitions centered with Pierce & Pierce.
Have fun!

Last edited:

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I was bored, so I redid the business cards from scratch with accurate fonts using the same photos from PropStore. These should print at 90 x 50 mm:
View attachment 1650220 View attachment 1650219 View attachment 1650221 View attachment 1650222 View attachment 1650223 View attachment 1650224

The Carruthers card have 2 versions: the 1st is just like the original, while the 2nd version have the Mergers and Aquisitions centered with Pierce & Pierce.
Have fun!

I may be a bit biased (also a bit jaded) but I think that is one of the coolest things PS has sold in a while.

RafalFett

I may be a bit biased (also a bit jaded) but I think that is one of the coolest things PS has sold in a while.

Luckily, they sell lots of great things, but also (which is important for the rest of us) with some great hi-res photos. Just recently they sold the Boba Fett jetpack rocket/grappling hook drawn by Norman Reynolds:
3f0bb1ce82e7ce96e71f8b215c2dd265-o.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.