Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double post

Attachments

• 20150419_212014.jpg
    20150419_212014.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
How did you clean yours? I want to give mine a clean when I'm finished but not sure about using soap etc on the fabric.

I only use water on the cloth and only wet a clean cloth and wipe them. I don't wet the shoes to clean them. I did use acetone on the white cuff and tongue. I ran a test first as I thought from work I did on the V1s, that acetone would eat the white stuff, but it didn't. It just cleaned them right up as if they were new.

I got some great reactions from people wearing them at SuperNova (on the Gold Coast) this weekend, including a photo with this guy.

attachment.php

You lucky sod! What a great memory to have, I'm very jealous right now. If the Doc would only make his way over to China.

just got home and my 9vs finished charging so far so good theyve been in my shoes for about 30 minutes and the leds are still going bright as hell so im pretty excited to see how long these things last on a full charge. i went ahead an bought what i needed to add charge ports to the back of these only cost 19 bucks should be here next week.

update just hit the hour mark and still going exactly as bright as when i turned them on im feeling pretty good about going with these battery's now lol gonna let these drain until the leds shut off i plan on only having them on for pictures at comic on and then once the sun starts to go down enough to see the lights ill be leaving them on. so far so good.

update 2 2 hour mark and the green leds have gotten slightly slightlyyyyy dimmer still good though. im very confident that these will last me through comic con woo! i still have 3 extra sets of batteries i can have in my bag if i want a super fresh charge once they dim out completely but the way things are going ill most likely be home when that happens lol if anyone is intrested hgeyre called ebl 600mah rechargeable 9v i know the ones @Jedifyfe recommends are 800mah but they're from china and these can be easily found in the states for those of you who dont want to wait fro them to arrive.

ok 4 hours in and the green leds are noticeably dimmer but still in which is crazy to me when comparing to the 35 i used to get before the green would die completely with regular 9v im super happy with these batteries and i def recommend them

ok final log 5 hour mark the green leds are now out i say these batteries are totally worth getting and having a full light display for 4 full hours before the leds start to shut off should be more than enough for going out to a party or cons where you'd only have them on for pictures or when the lighting condition's allow for the el to be seen

What batteries did you get?

Last edited:
I only use water on the cloth and only wet a clean cloth and wipe them. I don't wet the shoes to clean them. I did use acetone on the white cuff and tongue. I ran a test first as I thought from work I did on the V1s, that acetone would eat the white stuff, but it didn't. It just cleaned them right up as if they were new.

I got some great reactions from people wearing them at SuperNova (on the Gold Coast) this weekend, including a photo with this guy.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=466246&d=1429449254

Very cool, are your jeans tapered to fit the shoes?

A quick question.
How many on here would be interested in some sets of precut EL panels exactly sized to fit the Straps?, and sets of precut EL Panels exactly sized and cut for the soles?
They would be accurately precut, and ready to install, so no need to find and source el sheets and cut mishapen half moons!, just install.
I may do a limited run if enough interest.

booshman EBL 600mah 9v

Has anyone thought if using never wet on these? It's 17 bucks for a spray Bottle amd
it claims to not effect texture and look of fabric.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, are your jeans tapered to fit the shoes?

No, just a pair of straight leg cut jeans. I have like maybe 4 pair of them out of 12 pair of jeans I currently have. These used to be really dark blue with a slight stone fleck. They were BlueStone from Target and were about $30 per pair. I don't think you can buy them anymore because all I seem to find now is those jeans that look like they are dirty or the wrinkled look with creases made into them.

I have worked out a way to tuck them in and do the shoe up. I find it gives an overall better look for general wear to the more screen accurate rolled cuff.
Has anyone thought if using never wet on these? It's 17 bucks for a spray Bottle amd
it claims to not effect texture and look of fabric.

If it can preserve the life of these, it would be a good thing.

Having news that even a sample was made gives me hope. I've been holding off getting another pair of V2s to mod waiting for these Nike Airair MAGs. My first pair was moved around too much and aren't worth finishing. If he makes a for sale thread for the shoes I will be sad if he doesn't name it that lol

Last edited:
Having news that even a sample was made gives me hope. I've been holding off getting another pair of V2s to mod waiting for these Nike Airair MAGs. My first pair was moved around too much and aren't worth finishing. If he makes a for sale thread for the shoes I will be sad if he doesn't name it that lol

What's this about? I must have missed it earlier in the thread. A full new shoe?
glasses Cheers for the battery info, is the charger you got like this one? charge.png

I've found some white DC jacks online, do folks think they look right?
T1R6OWFDXbXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

And one other thing. I'm trying to figure out how many shoes can be done with one A4 piece of EL. What would be the most optimal way to position the pieces?
cA4-4S-BG.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=466246&d=1429449254

The jeans look good as is, but you might make them even better if you go to a tailor and get them tapered from the knee down. It should come up very McFly and fit more easily into the Mags.

I wonder what type of jeans he wore anyway, and if they're still made.

Great job!
What glue did you end up using?

Ended up using Shoe goo for the bottoms, Super glue on the edges to set them in place and then actually used hot glue to seal the out riggers because nothing else I had was holding them closed.

Do you plan on using a set of cloneprops buckles or painting the midsoles a lighter grey? That would be the full potential of the V2s.

100% agree about the light grey sole and maybe a matte finish. Could be the most accurate V2s ever, congrats!

I like those, I mistook the last picture for RD's. I reckon paint the sole a lighter grey and resplatter it, and upgrade the buckles like MT said. Then you would probably have the best pair.

Wow thanks guys! I am probably going to be redoing the mid sole with angelus paint, as the acrylic I used has cracked in places. Probably end up with a lighter splatter too

Am going to wait for Cavx's buckles as Cloneprop's ones are just a little too big.

I've also got some much better elastic to do the ribbings with, reckon its almost identical to stuff used on the RDs.

The jeans look good as is, but you might make them even better if you go to a tailor and get them tapered from the knee down. It should come up very McFly and fit more easily into the Mags.

I wonder what type of jeans he wore anyway, and if they're still made.

I always assumed Levi, but apparently not. Emma (as in Candy Land) might know.
If I was to make a pair dedicated to the cos-play of "McFly", I would go the rolled cuffs and actually have the rolled leg stitched.

Were the jeans in part 1 rolled up? I've got a pic of them with the bruins just being tapered and hemmed. I don't know if they were rolled up for the mags.

Were the jeans in part 1 rolled up? I've got a pic of them with the bruins just being tapered and hemmed. I don't know if they were rolled up for the mags.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Movie magic :) As soon as he is about to put the MAGs on, his jeans are rolled.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-11-03-08h44m13s218.png
    vlcsnap-2012-11-03-08h44m13s218.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 449
  • vlcsnap-2012-11-03-09h06m44s219.png
    vlcsnap-2012-11-03-09h06m44s219.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 438
What's this about? I must have missed it earlier in the thread. A full new shoe?
@glasses Cheers for the battery info, is the charger you got like this one? View attachment 466687

I've found some white DC jacks online, do folks think they look right?
View attachment 466686

And one other thing. I'm trying to figure out how many shoes can be done with one A4 piece of EL. What would be the most optimal way to position the pieces?
View attachment 466689

An A6 sheet i have can do 1 pair of shoes. It has 4 connection pins in total and no other tabs.

If you are using A4, then you may want a sheet where there are usable tabs all around the sheet like in your picture.
Those type of sheets come with some connection pins, but you can also use the other tabs with wire glue.

Having said that, I am planning to go ahead with a limited run shortly of precut, assembled kits.
They will consist of following hopefully:

1.) 2 x EL Strap Panels (No Logos) complete with cables preattached.
2.) 2 x EL Sole Cutouts complete with cables preattached. No need to block out the ends or use grey tape, the sole cutouts will only light up in the areas required, exactly like the official ones.

I will have plenty available and will be putting some up in the junkyard soon hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back