Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are just the Halloween costumes ones basically aren't they?? if anything they look worse with that 'Sports' tag on the strap. Although there's no stitching round the ribbings...weird.

For the price they could be a good base for modding, since they are quite a lot cheaper than the V2s

Sorta, I guess? Soles look exactly the same, down to the splatter style, but then the Grey part of the collar looks to be a different material entirely? Somehow made them even uglier than the HC Mags

- - - Updated - - -

These are just the Halloween costumes ones basically aren't they?? if anything they look worse with that 'Sports' tag on the strap. Although there's no stitching round the ribbings...weird.

For the price they could be a good base for modding, since they are quite a lot cheaper than the V2s

Sorta, I guess? Soles look exactly the same, down to the splatter style, but then the Grey part of the collar looks to be a different material entirely? Somehow made them even uglier than the HC Mags

I just had a look on Aliexpress and I feel like its getting harder to get actual V2s...a lot of the sellers are showing pictures of the HCs. Maybe these 'new' ones are China's attempt at a V3, but god I hope not.

I'll be interested in getting some from you when you get them going, the CP buckles will be too big for my liking on my size 42's. Shame CP scrapped the small size. Do yours have charge port?

When I made mine, they were a uni fit for both left and right.

nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-tb2yzu-bvxxxxcgxpxxxxxxxxxx-863899779-jpg-464354d1429011773

Yeah these look like a revised version of the HC. Good to see the stitching around the laces is gone. What it s story with the collar. Cuff looks way more accurate than even the V2. Why do they have to stitch the straps?

OH NO! Look what they have done! They have replaced the complete upper section with a vinyl.

Yeah these look like a revised version of the HC. Good to see the stitching around the laces is gone. What it s story with the collar. Cuff looks way more accurate than even the V2. Why do they have to stitch the straps?

OH NO! Look what they have done! They have replaced the complete upper section with a vinyl.

WOW, just noticed that! that's awful. For a moment there I was thinking "hmmm the cuff does look better...." then I noticed the vinyl. Oh dear.

Still costs too much for what they are. They should probably just go the V1 route again and give us an all vinyl shoe for $60.00 with no lights. The shape is better on these than the HCs, but each time they do a revision, they seem to get further from the target.

Still costs too much for what they are. They should probably just go the V1 route again and give us an all vinyl shoe for $60.00 with no lights. The shape is better on these than the HCs, but each time they do a revision, they seem to get further from the target.

You're right there, they've managed to make the uppers less accurate and they still have that boot toe......still these will probably sell well and they will continue to pump them out.

WOW! That looks soooooo GOOD!

CP's medium buckle would complete these.

Any chance you can take a shot from above?

I'm holding out for the Cavx buckle, definitely a fan of your work :)

Here's the shot from above.

20150414_233435.jpg
Also, i noticed the RDs always seem to have a bit of a shine to the sole....so tried adding some Tamiya Clear paint as i know it dries with a glossy finish...

20150414_224837.jpg

If it looks like this when its dried i will be so happy.

Lookin' good dude. I only just got around to buying a tube of Shoe Goo today, maybe tomorrow I can have a go at putting those Cavx soles on. Or at least start.
I've really gotta get in and do the chop toe slim. Looks so much better than the steam one I've done.

Lookin' good dude. I only just got around to buying a tube of Shoe Goo today, maybe tomorrow I can have a go at putting those Cavx soles on. Or at least start.
I've really gotta get in and do the chop toe slim. Looks so much better than the steam one I've done.

Cheers man :) Pretty chuffed with how they look right now.

Was just looking at some photos thinking the same about my toe, I like mine the way it is but a full cut one could really make it look a lot cleaner.

Going to get my left shoe done first though, then maybe consider anything more that could be done.

Yeah, sure!
I love his soles, I should get some but I'm afraid to open the shoe again :/

I know the feeling, I did accidently break the connections on one of my ELs....which was annoying.

But having finished one shoe I can safely say its worth it!

I know the feeling, I did accidently break the connections on one of my ELs....which was annoying.

But having finished one shoe I can safely say its worth it!

Did you manage to "save" the other sole el panel?
Is there a way to not screw this up? Thx

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

i broke one my my el soles when i was removing the gum soles on my v2s a while back but after moving on to the next shoe i learned to take my damn time lol just be very careful and just take your time and go slow i was lucky enough to have an exact match of my el sent to me for only 5 bucks but now that i know what i do ill be taking it slow on other pairs. on another note does anyone know what would be needed to add a charging jack for rechargeable 9v to the shoes?? i think Jedifyfe made a pair like this but i really cant put my finger on whether its in my head or not aha

- - - Updated - - -

i broke one my my el soles when i was removing the gum soles on my v2s a while back but after moving on to the next shoe i learned to take my damn time lol just be very careful and just take your time and go slow i was lucky enough to have an exact match of my el sent to me for only 5 bucks but now that i know what i do ill be taking it slow on other pairs. on another note does anyone know what would be needed to add a charging jack for rechargeable 9v to the shoes?? i think Jedifyfe made a pair like this but i really cant put my finger on whether its in my head or not aha

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back