Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on hand. I can take one tomorrow. I have just locked up the workshop for the night. Kind of reminds me of what happened to both the NIKE Air Pressures and REEBOK Pumps. It is almost like the rubber is breaking down because as soon i would repair one crack (I was using superglue for a time), another would appear right beside that.
Yep, some shoes would have a midsole that would fall apart, and yet others made around the same time, the midsole material is different and still perfect after 20 years. Dont know why they didnt just use the good material for everything? Then again, back then they werent thought of (or at least marketed as) as collectors items i suppose

As promised here's some more pictures of the sample Mags I once owned. So just to be clear, the shoe that's missing the toe box is the sample, the other is a version of the final product that they originally auctioned. The sole on the sample is not as blue as the auction shoe and the sample also does not have a plastic tip on the strap and the collars are not as straight. In my opinion the sample is more faithful to the Screen used Mags and that's how they should have made the original 1,500 pairs. It kills me to talk about these, I wish I had never sold them as they were so unbelievably rare, but I needed the money! However I did take mouldings of the soles and heel cup and some measurements before I shipped them off as I intend on making a pair myself soon.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 979
As promised here's some more pictures of the sample Mags I once owned. So just to be clear, the shoe that's missing the toe box is the sample, the other is a version of the final product that they originally auctioned. The sole on the sample is not as blue as the auction shoe and the sample also does not have a plastic tip on the strap and the collars are not as straight. In my opinion the sample is more faithful to the Screen used Mags and that's how they should have made the original 1,500 pairs. It kills me to talk about these, I wish I had never sold them as they were so unbelievably rare, but I needed the money! However I did take mouldings of the soles and heel cup and some measurements before I shipped them off as I intend on making a pair myself soon.

Enjoy!

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing these.

so i just ordered these on ebay it was 37 bucks but its in california theyre only 600mah so a little less then the litelong but it comes with enough batterys to have some in my backpack if i need to change them out during the day.
$_35.JPG

also got this done saturday night on my arm

11123913_1403432706643537_1034348102_n.jpg

@Spencer82 thank you for sharing.

WOW my grail BTTF 2 prop would be a pair of the shoe on the right (the left shoe) in size 7 (or what ever MJF actually wore).

nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-image-jpg-463838d1428930236

@glasses, A hover board tatoo? That hard core dude :)

cavx thanks lol it hurt a bit more than my other tattoos but this one was def worth it lol does ayone know if the clone props shapeways store is still running? i wan to get buckles to finsish of my mags make them 99% accurate aha my shoes are 8.5 mag size and im assuming the medium size is the ways to go?

- - - Updated - - -
cavx thanks lol it hurt a bit more than my other tattoos but this one was def worth it lol does ayone know if the clone props shapeways store is still running? i wan to get buckles to finsish of my mags make them 99% accurate aha my shoes are 8.5 mag size and im assuming the medium size is the ways to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
@cavx thanks lol it hurt a bit more than my other tattoos but this one was def worth it lol does ayone know if the clone props shapeways store is still running? i wan to get buckles to finsish of my mags make them 99% accurate aha my shoes are 8.5 mag size and im assuming the medium size is the ways to go?

Apparently Shapeways produce the design as it is requested, so yeah you should be able to get some (I asked the same thing here a few months ago) Cavx has the medium size on his I believe, they are a little big but actually look alright because of how other things on the shoes are slightly oversized anyway,

Also, Nice tattoo man :) that's true hoverboard love right there.

how much for a set and when do you think theyll be done? any progress photos?

I originally did these as a Vacuum Formed part. The sculpt needs some work to enhance the details and then it ready to go. Right now, I am flat out working on my 2015 jacket. Bellow sleeves are actually working!

I originally did these as a Vacuum Formed part. The sculpt needs some work to enhance the details and then it ready to go. Right now, I am flat out working on my 2015 jacket. Bellow sleeves are actually working!
are the cloneprop buckle too big? i want my shoes doen for comic con in a few months maybe ill upgrade to your buckles when the time comes but are the prop buckles any good for the price?

are the cloneprop buckle too big? i want my shoes doen for comic con in a few months maybe ill upgrade to your buckles when the time comes but are the prop buckles any good for the price?

Originally he made three sizes, but he pulled the small for some reason. The mid is a touch too big for my US9.5s but are the perfect size on the larger shoes US11+. Based on how good the mediums look on US13, I don't think there is really a need for the large. So I wish he would bring the small back.

I'll be interested in getting some from you when you get them going, the CP buckles will be too big for my liking on my size 42's. Shame CP scrapped the small size. Do yours have charge port?

so i just ordered these on ebay it was 37 bucks but its in california theyre only 600mah so a little less then the litelong but it comes with enough batterys to have some in my backpack if i need to change them out during the day.
View attachment 463989

View attachment 463990

Why roses?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 463989

View attachment 463990

Why roses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back