Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

These are kickers. Given you are prepared to spend upwards of $250 on this, I'd definitely be talking to David about faulty V3.1s. Worst case is you have to change out the battery. Best case, you just need to charge them up. If they are for a display only, then maybe pull the batteries and hard wire them in. Slim toe, EL, great looking shoes. All done.

These are kickers. Given you are prepared to spend upwards of $250 on this, I'd definitely be talking to David about faulty V3.1s. Worst case is you have to change out the battery. Best case, you just need to charge them up. If they are for a display only, then maybe pull the batteries and hard wire them in. Slim toe, EL, great looking shoes. All done.

I messaged David here on the RPF. I didn't see the info about skype at the beginning of the thread. Do you know if he responds to messages here?

They would mostly be for display. I could see wearing them 3 to 4 times a year.

Cavx, I can't thank you enough for all of the help!

I messaged David here on the RPF. I didn't see the info about skype at the beginning of the thread. Do you know if he responds to messages here?

They would mostly be for display. I could see wearing them 3 to 4 times a year.

Cavx, I can't thank you enough for all of the help!
You are welcome.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

You are welcome.

I just found his skype info. Shot him a message there. It would amazing if he had V3s in my size that I could pick up in the low $200 range. I was figuring on having to change out the lighting in a pair of V2s anyway.

I just found his skype info. Shot him a message there. It would amazing if he had V3s in my size that I could pick up in the low $200 range. I was figuring on having to change out the lighting in a pair of V2s anyway.
If a pair is deemed faulty, it is most likely the battery or charge port. Both can be fixed.

My wear pair failed was repaired and when the electronics failed again, I decided to go with a Passive Illumination System.
1d44163a7532f3be246d5ba52b6d8fdd.jpg

Chatted with David. He said they only have the new ones and they all work. :( It was worth a shot.

Thanks.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

No matter how many times, pictures and attempts to describe the shoe I send the seller, he just doesn't seem to get it.

These photos were in my inbox this morning:

View attachment 781061View attachment 781062View attachment 781063
These appear to be the remote control shoes to me because of the clear soles. What do you think?

I'd say they're probably the remote control version. It's still (slightly) better than the V2 standard version. The midsole colour is better, and the clear rubber is a step in the right direction.

I'd say they're probably the remote control version. It's still (slightly) better than the V2 standard version. The midsole colour is better, and the clear rubber is a step in the right direction.

He claims that it's not the remote control version. I really hope he can find the one with the slim toe and V3 like fabric. I've seen many of them but it's hard to track them down.

Well... I think it is close to over, and my hopes of owning the V2.1 mags are gone for now. The seller can't seem to find a factory with this style of shoe. He said the new batches are all the ones with the boot like toe and smoother fabric.

After seeing the version I've posted here, it's shape and fabric, I don't want to settle for the RC or the other ones (whatever they're called).

I asked Karin Chen if they still made this version of the shoe and she said, "At present not have but I heard they may make again". So mayb that'll happen.

I'm bummed, but it'll happen one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I think it is close to over, and my hopes of owning the V2.1 mags are gone for now. The seller can't seem to find a factory with this style of shoe. He said the new batches are all the ones with the boot like toe and smoother fabric.

After seeing the version I've posted here, it's shape and fabric, I don't want to settle for the RC or the other ones (whatever they're called).

I asked Karin Chen if they still made this version of the shoe and she said, "At present not have but I heard they may make again". So mayb that'll happen.

I'm bummed, but it'll happen one day.

Save up and get some from David.

I'm not sure what his process is. I just put an order in and was told they would be shipped in 2-3 days...

When I asked if they had them in stock they said they needed 7-10 days to make them as they y make them as the order comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you all think of these? They seem to have a slimmer toe, though they're not the fabric that looks like the V3s. I think these may be the RC shoes, but I'm not sure. Haven't asked yet.

other_2074843775_00.jpgother_2074843802_00.jpgother_2074843804_00.jpgother_2074843806_00.jpg

What do you all think of these? They seem to have a slimmer toe, though they're not the fabric that looks like the V3s. I think these may be the RC shoes, but I'm not sure. Haven't asked yet.

View attachment 782517View attachment 782518View attachment 782519View attachment 782520

I'd say they are the RC versions. The very clear sole is an indicator of that version, as is the upper's pattern of the cloth weave. Notice how the fine lines go across the shoe? On regular V2's it goes down the shoe. Here's a pic of one of my standard V2's. Notice the upper's pattern direction? (you might need to save the pic so you can zoom in on it) You can also see things like sole grip colour difference (yellow) and midsole rubber (greenish) as well as the imprint for the swoosh being sharper and matching the swoosh better. The soles on the ones you just found are better, in my opinion, and what the V2 should have originally had They were never that clear, even brand new.
me wearing my V2s with extended tongue (3).JPG

Thanks for sharing that. I really want the V2.1s, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. No seller seems to have them anymore.

I'd say they are the RC versions. The very clear sole is an indicator of that version, as is the upper's pattern of the cloth weave. Notice how the fine lines go across the shoe? On regular V2's it goes down the shoe. Here's a pic of one of my standard V2's. Notice the upper's pattern direction? (you might need to save the pic so you can zoom in on it) You can also see things like sole grip colour difference (yellow) and midsole rubber (greenish) as well as the imprint for the swoosh being sharper and matching the swoosh better. The soles on the ones you just found are better, in my opinion, and what the V2 should have originally had They were never that clear, even brand new.
View attachment 782536

Thanks for sharing that. I really want the V2.1s, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. No seller seems to have them anymore.

yeah i know. the V2.1's and the RC version are the only two I don't have (unless you count the V4 for $1200 I won't be buying unless I win money)
My girlfriend's quite.... patient with my sneaker collection. I don't only collect MAGs.....

in MAGs I have:
the Mark Poon version (which I could never comfortably wear as they are too small)
a few pairs of the V1's (in multiple colours but not the brown)
3 pairs of V2's
2 pairs of HC's
2 pairs of V3's
1 pair of V3.1's
but I'm pretty sure Mark Poon made his version somewhere around 10 years ago (less sure the more I think about it) so I have been collecting a while, not like all in one go.
And yeah, I know, I'm lucky to have a GF who doesn't (at least constantly) whine about my collection.
Can you share the link that you got the RC version pics from?
Thanks

What brown V1?

I just seem to remember silver (white cuff and swoosh and tan sole), white (white cuff black swoosh and black sole) and black (black cuff and either red or yellow swoosh and sole).

oh, maybe it was a kind of red. Been a while since I've seen it. I never bought it as I didn't like the look of the colour. Got the white, silver, and black with yellow V1's.
After a bit of an internet search, found an image of one. Sort of a maroon, like a brownish red? Anyway, making the swoosh that colour ruined the look.
bleh.jpg

This is the seller with the shoes I posted:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/air-mag-back-to-the-future-mcfly-led-mens/407795928.html

yeah i know. the V2.1's and the RC version are the only two I don't have (unless you count the V4 for $1200 I won't be buying unless I win money)
My girlfriend's quite.... patient with my sneaker collection. I don't only collect MAGs.....

in MAGs I have:
the Mark Poon version (which I could never comfortably wear as they are too small)
3 pairs of V2's
2 pairs of HC's
2 pairs of V3's
1 pair of V3.1's
but I'm pretty sure Mark Poon made his version somewhere around 10 years ago (less sure the more I think about it) so I have been collecting a while, not like all in one go.
And yeah, I know, I'm lucky to have a GF who doesn't (at least constantly) whine about my collection.
Can you share the link that you got the RC version pics from?
Thanks

Black tinted soles look interesting, but those Santa Clause uppers are no go for me.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, maybe it was a kind of red. Been a while since I've seen it. I never bought it as I didn't like the look of the colour. Got the white, silver, and black with yellow V1's.
After a bit of an internet search, found an image of one. Sort of a maroon, like a brownish red? Anyway, making the swoosh that colour ruined the look.
View attachment 782561

I would have bought these over the black with yellow.

I just wish that has made the sliver with a different colour than that horrid baby poo yellow soles. A light blue would have been sweet.

I know it's somewhere in this 450 pages... but I can't find it.

Do V3s run true to size, or are they a little bigger?

I have been told V2s run big. I wear a 10.5 and I'm looking for a 10.

I'm considering just saving for a while and buying V3s. Do I buy a 10.5 if I wear a US 10.5? Or still go smaller?

I found they fit me like a regular sneaker - I usually buy size 10 in regular sneakers (except when the material is thin like the Roshe runners) and my size 10 V3's fit the best.
It was the V2's that run a little big. I used my 9.5's with those.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back