Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

It should mean customs is releasing them. How long have they had them for? Sometimes they will make you sweat on them.

About 10 hours with that status, delivery still states by end of day tomorrow. I've read that DHL only picks up early morning and it could mean they are ready to be picked up on their next cycle.

About 10 hours with that status, delivery still states by end of day tomorrow. I've read that DHL only picks up early morning and it could mean they are ready to be picked up on their next cycle.

So you could be unboxing them by tomorrow afternoon then?

how often are we suppose to be charging these if we dont use them so the battery does not go out?

Some of the guys claim a few months. I don't know about that. I'm lucky to get 10 days out of my display pair. The beauty is, you don't need (and don't want) to drain these out. You can use them for a few hours and then plug them in again.

Can someone link me to where i can purchase the main board for the v3s please

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the guys claim a few months. I don't know about that. I'm lucky to get 10 days out of my display pair. The beauty is, you don't need (and don't want) to drain these out. You can use them for a few hours and then plug them in again.
Havent gone out for a while but i guess ill have to lol

Who else feels it is time for a new V3 ONLY thread?

Here is a draft of what I am wanting to post. Any feed back or changes welcome.

I am also proposing that post #2 and #3 be kept reserved for videos of interest - mainly for videos that show how to repair these.

cavx said:
This thread is for the sole purpose of discussing, posting photos and videos of the replica NIKE MAG V3. Please DO NOT post about other versions of this shoe – V3 ONLY!
The NIKE MAG is a futuristic shoe designed by NIKE designer Tinker Hatfield for the 1989 movie BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II.
In the film, the shoes have both illumination and “power laces” but also a sleek design that has minimal, visible seams and stitching. Like many, I’ve always wanted a pair MAGs since seeing them on screen.

Replica MAG History

1. Mark Poons MAG 2008.

In 2008, RPF Member Mark Poon (@markpoon) teamed up with a professional shoe maker to create the first replica of the NIKE MAG shoe. These shoes came out in one size that was said to be US9. The pet name for these shoes is the MP MAG.

2. Official Nike MAG replicas 2011.

Only 1500 pairs of these shoes were made. They were sold at an auction via eBay in September of 2011. The auction ran for 10 days and each pair of shoes were listed at just 99 cents. The average price paid for these limited shoes was 4 figures. The money raised from the sale of these shoes was donated to the Michael J Fox Foundation for finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease.

3. Chinese made replica MAG Version 1, 2011.

In late 2011, the Chinese ripped off the MP MAG and gave us a cheap (but very comfortable) PVC version of the MAG that we dubbed the K (knock off) MAG and later, the V1 MAG. It was wrong in so many ways, but it was all we had available at the time. It was the first time this shoe was available in varying sizes as many of us could not wear the MP MAG’s "one size fits most".

4. Chinese Replicas Version 2, 2012.

The following year, the Chinese released version 2 of the replica MAG. These were much closer to the shoe we all had wanted for so many years.

Once modified, the V2 does look pretty close and for many of us, would be as close to the real shoe as many of us would get. You can find many YouTube videos with a simple search.

5. Halloween Costume (HC) and SPORTS versions.
These get a mention here but are not considered part of the MAG legacy because they came out unbranded. The HCs could be upgraded by a decal kit made my Mark Poon.

6. Official “power laced” NIKE MAG, 2015.
In the film BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II we were given the date October 21, 2015 that these power laced shoes would be available. As that future date became closer to the present date, we all watched in anticipation to see if Power Laces would actually happen. NIKE kept their promise and unveiled the first pair of power laced MAGs. The first pair was given to Michael J Fox.
89 pairs were made available via a lottery where each ticket was just $10USD. The lottery was held in mid 2016.

7. Chinese Replica Version 3, 2016

The V3 is the shoe many of us thought would never happen. This replica is so close, many people can not tell the difference between them and the official 2011 NIKE MAG they are copies of.

The list price is $499USD / pair. The forum thanks @davidjones888 and his company sneakerahead for giving us all the opportunity to own our very own replica of the NIKE MAG.

To order your own pair of the V3 MAGs, go to www.sneakerahead.ru and use the discount code sneakerahead-dis.

These shoes do not require any modifying. The only mods that can make an improvement are tinting the soles.
WARNING: These shoes are extremely well made, however the electronics are fragile and care must be taken or the system will fail. There have been several videos made on repairing these shoes. Search YouTube for videos by @Jedifyfe on repairs.

Post #2 reserved for videos
Post #3 reserved for videos.

Which image should head the page?

I am thinking that an image of each version of the shoe be posted in each section - kind of a visual reference.

Attachments

• 20161124_224709-1.jpg
    20161124_224709-1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 85
  • 20170322_221555-1.jpg
    20170322_221555-1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Guys I know this is a forum about mags but maybe someone could help me !! I bought some yeezy v2 zebra fakes. They're pretty 1:1 accept the real ones are in a eggshell colore with a with stripe but the fakes are more like white/white I thought maybe I could take a bit sondcolored crayones and brush it very lightly ? Does someone have a idea or maybe I just have to buy the newest batch if it comes soon :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Guys I know this is a forum about mags but maybe someone could help me !! I bought some yeezy v2 zebra fakes. They're pretty 1:1 accept the real ones are in a eggshell colore with a with stripe but the fakes are more like white/white I thought maybe I could take a bit sondcolored crayones and brush it very lightly ? Does someone have a idea or maybe I just have to buy the newest batch if it comes soon :)

I doubt anyone here will be able to help, unfortunately. This is a thread for Back to the Future II replica Mags, not a thread for fake sneakers. I'm sure there are sneaker blogs/forums out there though.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I would say you have to either buy a new pair with the right color or take apart the whole shoe and remake it with a different colored fabric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back