NIKE MAG Knockoffs

yeah, the strap colour is correct aqua colour but the sole lights are still blue.

Also, the strap is just glow in the dark from what i can see.

Ive sent an email asking if they are actually EL in the soles or just leds being diffused and if the strap is just glow in the dark or is actually lighting up.

Is hard to tell just from the pics, but it doesnt look like the strap is lighting up, its just glow in the dark paint over the nike logo.

At least they fixed the sole lights to a certain extent that they have the correct shape of semi circles, we can live with that.

At a second look the strap is definitely not lighting up. The velcro side is on the outside although it's supposed to be on the inside which it was on the initial pictures of the V2's... but if you look at the last picture you can see the other side of the shoe and the strap is wrapped around the buckle so there's no way it can be hooked up electronically.

It looks like they are using "Glow in the dark" paint for the Nike text.

Looks that way to me too.

Wow, so they're actually using EL for the soles on the V2s then?

I don't think so. Too bright. I'd say they've just diffused the LEDs.

The tongue part looks like it would need to be made longer.

Is it me or JPEG compression that seems to show the same swirl pattern on the tongue as the V1s?

I just got the same pics via email.

Should be shipping out now next week!

mag5.jpg

mag4-1.jpg

mag3-1.jpg

mag2-2.jpg

mag1-2.jpg

If this is what I get for what I paid, then I'll be very happy.

I don't they have corrected that toe at all, though and in fact think the only mods they've done is add the glow in the dark paint to the NIKE and maybe diffused that LEDs on the soles a bit.

Still pretty good an I don't I will have an issue wearing these out.

I think one of those shoes has a slimmer toe than the other. I hope there's consistency with that.

In some of those shots the Nike logo does look slightly backlit while in others it's obviously glow paint. Doesnt bother me seeing as how popular glow shoes are now.

In some of those shots the Nike logo does look slightly backlit while in others it's obviously glow paint. Doesnt bother me seeing as how popular glow shoes are now.

Does this mean we might have to periodically cross out ankles to keep the NIKE logo lit up? Would the LEDs be bright enough for that?

Just hope there is a switch to turn them off and that they are not pressure sensitive when you walk :$ Could be some awkward moments in the cinema.

I'll turn my lights off only if you turn your phone off :lol

just done a quick analysis of the pics compared with the previous ones

the toebox does look ever so slightly smaller (very minimal), although its not absolutely certain as these new pics have no side profile pic to compare. But the angular pic does show the toe to be a bit smaller from what i can see.

so what is certain so far:

1.)toebox still slightly too big
2.)blue LEDs in sole instead of EL light, but diffused so at least better than before (im sure most people can live with these).
3.)glow in the dark painted on strap

so what is certain so far:

1.)toebox still slightly too big
2.)blue LEDs in sole instead of EL light, but diffused so at least better than before (im sure most people can live with these).
3.)glow in the dark painted on strap

To add to that -

4.) mid-sole too slim at the toe
5.) ribs are HUGE! I just hope the elastic is better on these than the stuff on the V1s.
6.) tongue and cuffs appear to be made from the same materials as the V1s.
7.) I wonder how those clear soles will hold up on actual wearing? My black rubber soles on my V1s flogged out really fast and why I decided to make new ones.
8.) visible stitching on the finger pull holes and guess around the collar as well.
9.) yellow LEDs on the heel? They all seem to look the same colour here :confused

I just got the same pics via email.

Should be shipping out now next week!

Just sent an email back asking why the light on the strap isn't done, thats definitely looking a glow in the dark paint over the nike logo.

Shipping from the factory next week, or from the distributors. If this is what we receive I will be thrilled.

Is that confirmed they will dispatch in a week?:)
Looks like these are the finished product judging by the time they spent getting that glow in the dark to look half convincing

To add to that -

4.) mid-sole too slim at the toe
5.) ribs are HUGE! I just hope the elastic is better on these than the stuff on the V1s.
6.) tongue and cuffs appear to be made from the same materials as the V1s.
7.) I wonder how those clear soles will hold up on actual wearing? My black rubber soles on my V1s flogged out really fast and why I decided to make new ones.
8.) visible stitching on the finger pull holes and guess around the collar as well.
9.) yellow LEDs on the heel? They all seem to look the same colour here :confused

does nobody care about the velcro of the strap being on the wrong side like i stated earlier!? :unsure

does nobody care about the velcro of the strap being on the wrong side like i stated earlier!? :unsure

I do. That dip that some thought was the charge port does not seem visible in these latest shots. I betting this Ankle Buckle and strap are not attached, so you will be able to simply swap them over.

I do. That dip that some thought was the charge port does not seem visible in these latest shots. I betting this Ankle Buckle and strap are not attached, so you will be able to simply swap them over.

you're right
it seems they gave up with the strap light and decided to paint it glow in the dark :facepalm

so since those straps won't be linked to anything, like you said, you can just swap them over.

I also think that they lowered the toe slightly and I`m very glad about the changes they made to the lights in the soles.

Just compare these two pictures.

mag5.jpg

nike_air-mag_glow1.png

To me, this is a great knockoff for that price!

like Cavx said before, i believe the entire top half of the uppers has a horizontal stitch line which is being hidden where the strap is covering it, just like the first knockoffs, although not certain.

as the previous factory pictures showed, the vertical seam thats supposed to go all the way to the top of the uppers is not present on these at the back. it dissapears once it gets to the back ankle strap buckle.

I would be very happy with these. Change out the strap for a lighted one, and I'd be done. The toe isn't so bad that I think i'd feel the need to alter it.

To match the blue LEDs in the soles, though, I'd probably want to use blue EL for the NIKE strap logo instead of the more correct aqua color.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back