NIKE MAG Knockoffs

I would be very happy with these. Change out the strap for a lighted one, and I'd be done. The toe isn't so bad that I think i'd feel the need to alter it.

We'll see when the shoes arrive, but I don't think it needs a mod at this stage. inn fact then wearing the V1s, i didn't think they looked that bad either.

To match the blue LEDs in the soles, though, I'd probably want to use blue EL for the NIKE strap logo instead of the more correct aqua color.

Yeah I think a diffused blue LED would be OK.

just to let you guys know. the shoes will be shipping out in 2 days, just got confirmed.

so any of you guys who've already paid, those suppliers will be getting the shoes in the next day or so and you will get your shoes before christmas.:thumbsup

We'll see when the shoes arrive, but I don't think it needs a mod at this stage. inn fact then wearing the V1s, i didn't think they looked that bad either.

Yeah I think a diffused blue LED would be OK.

Yeah, i think for a real quick and simple mod solution to these knockoffs is simply get a tiny 3v el inverter/battery and add your EL nike logo to the strap. and then just slim the toebox and for a near $100 replica, they will look good enough to the average person.

thats what i plan to do with 2 of the pairs i get, then the rest of the other pairs, i will consider stripping them out and making them more accurate, although i will feel queezy tearing apart a near $100 shoe.

i'm not used to ripping up shoes ive bought! other than those first knockoffs!

To add to that -

4.) mid-sole too slim at the toe
5.) ribs are HUGE! I just hope the elastic is better on these than the stuff on the V1s.
6.) tongue and cuffs appear to be made from the same materials as the V1s.
7.) I wonder how those clear soles will hold up on actual wearing? My black rubber soles on my V1s flogged out really fast and why I decided to make new ones.
8.) visible stitching on the finger pull holes and guess around the collar as well.
9.) yellow LEDs on the heel? They all seem to look the same colour here :confused

10.) That inner seam is still not in the right place. it should be between the 2nd and 3rd lace, not the 1st and 2nd :unsure
11.) back seam does not go all the way up the to the cuff.

10.) That inner seam is still not in the right place. it should be between the 2nd and 3rd lace, not the 1st and 2nd :unsure
11.) back seam does not go all the way up the to the cuff.

too right! i think the top half of the upper is the same as before, stitched on horizontally and the strap is covering the stitch line like you said before, im pretty certain of it now.

i think the entire uppers are flawed, but ive kind of been thinking of the price point.

for a $100 replica, these aren't that bad, even as they stand with those flaws.

the average person can not and will not know that these are replicas.
i belive we can give them a 7 out of 10 rating for accuracy.

For a straight out of the bag wearable pair, these are good enough for me.
And yes, im going to tweak them slightly for a few pairs, then the other pairs i will mod them totally to be accurate like a few others are going to be doing.

I figure i might as well buy a few more pairs, because i can always mod them later on.

I will get this pair, then wear them into the ground :) I will continue with my scratch builds and hopefully will be able to make a more accurate pair.

Wait, we'll get them in a day or two? But none of the sites have updated any info.

ive contacted several wholesalers, all will be geting the shoes in about 2 days, some in 3 days.

you can buy them now, and then as soon as they get them, they will post them to you.

YES!!!!!!!!! They look great!!!

What he said.

Brad, once you get your 400 pairs, can we count on you to stack them in a pyramid formation for no other reason than... "just cuz."

Seeing those pictures, I've got to say I'm glad I didn't force a refund. I'm really looking forward to these. (And the mods my obsessive mind will eventually make me do :lol )

-Nick

ooo those look amazing for the price. I bit the hook 20 days ago and have been camping this thread out since, waiting for updates. If those are even half as good as they appear, ill buy a second pair later and mod the strap lights when one of you fine people get that sorted out and sell a kit for it.

Also, hello everyone! ive been lurking for a month now here. Im a nike collector of sorts, I had the real ones for a week before I resold em. been searching for decent knockoffs like these since I saw the v1's. So from a collectors point of view, I cant wait to rock these, even if they had no lights at all.

my only petpeave on em is the tounge is abit low cut, not from the rd ones but from the 89 movie ones, which I consider to be the real ones over the 2011 ones. I can mod it easy with an authentic nike tounge from another shoe I have, but on balance, these are amazing as is. oh, also, I think the toe is fine, the rd ones were cut too far down for normal comfy wear imo.

anyhow, like the rest of you, im sooo exicted *does moonwalk*

Well, I assume i'll be one of if not the first to receive the shoes of those in this thread.

Japan and Australia are close to China. What is closer, the UK or the US?

If these leave by Wednesday, I bet I still don't see these until Thursday or Friday next week.

I noticed the sites still have the RD MAG up as their image of this shoe.

What he said.

Brad, once you get your 400 pairs, can we count on you to stack them in a pyramid formation for no other reason than... "just cuz."

-Nick

YEP...here is what mine will look like...

kov2MAGS.jpg

oh, also, I think the toe is fine, the rd ones were cut too far down for normal comfy wear imo.

What I think some keep failing to realize is that the 89 mags were supposed to be like socks with soles, and that when a foot actually got shoved into them the wearer's toes forced up the material in the low toe area causing it to assume a bulged shape.

I for one think it's better to go ahead and have enough fullness in the toe area to begin with so that the shape doesn't change depending on whether or not a foot is in the shoe.

What I think some keep failing to realize is that the 89 mags were supposed to be like socks with soles, and that when a foot actually got shoved into them the wearer's toes forced up the material in the low toe area causing it to assume a bulged shape.

I for one think it's better to go ahead and have enough fullness in the toe area to begin with so that the shape doesn't change depending on whether or not a foot is in the shoe.

Even with foam, I don't know why they made the 'boot' toe when flat clean toe is easier to make.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back