NIKE MAG Knockoffs

There was some kids spy movie many years back (early 1990's) that had shoes where the soles would reform to allow the shoes to stick to virtually any surface. I just remembered the shoes after seeing these images because they look similar.

These are the ones I was referring to. I much prefer the hi-top.

Hey! I remember that! The movie was "If Looks Could Kill."

All I could find was the trailer, but they actually show the part with the shoes at 0:34-0:39.

If Looks Could Kill(1991) - YouTube

Hey! I remember that! The movie was "If Looks Could Kill."

All I could find was the trailer, but they actually show the part with the shoes at 0:34-0:39.

If Looks Could Kill(1991) - YouTube

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Is that guys hair for real?

The shoes actually look more like a pair of REEBOK PUMP.

In all honesty, i'm kind of losing my excitement for these shoes what with all this uncertainty over release dates.

They will come. The hype surrounding these shoes is amazing and it has only been about 2 weeks, yet it has feels like this has been dragging on for months.

I am not too worried about the toe correction at this stage and I think a diffuser will solve the sole lights. The most important 'detail' right now is that blue NIKE on the strap.

Sounds kinda like what i tried a few months back using frosted rubber and LED's strips (kinda like what you use in swimming pool lighting) as its 0.1mm thick and 5cm long per strip.

This is the look you get (Cavx i think i sent this to you months ago)

Its not bad huh? :)

Also it would be super easy to do, snip the blue LEDs currently installed in the soles replace with Aqua LEDs and put the rubber arched cut out in front of that, i personally will be using EL lighting as i have so much of the stuff, but for a effective fake EL this is the best way to do it.

That is true, but if you want something that goes on and off this imo is the easiest way to do it without installing inverters ect.

Both ways work at the end of the day :D

Guys, take it from I believe the only person to do a light conversion on the V1 KMAG, they are a complete s**t to take apart. I'm not going to lie, it was such a ballache I'd never do another pair. With the markpoon mags you can literally peel the upper away from the sole, but the v1's had some pretty strong adhesive binding the foam sole to the shoe. You can't even use a paint stripper gun to heat the glue off as all it does is melt the foam. I imagine the same practice is applied with the v2 although I's have to see if it has a foam sole like the v1's or a rubber one like the markpoon.
On another note I now have enough money saved to buy a pair of the real deal 2011 Mags and it's taking a lot for me not to buy a pair!

Make me an offer ;)

If this really comes true I will personally fly to your city and kiss you right on the mouth.

I've been told the same thing from shoesbagonsale, look:

photoyn.png

Last edited:
Should have asked for power laces AlexBC. That, and your "anti-gravity" thing would be a screen cap worthy of posting on face book for the WTF of the week.

In all fairness, I didn't realize his English was not as fluent as I believed.

Though the girl at the site where I ordered the most pairs has been pretty funny in here emails. We were wishing each other a Happy Halloween just today.:)

Reminds me of that South Park episode with the kid with the one friend on Facebook.

"A'h made a f-f-f-friend!?":lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back