New SW Year by Year Visual History Book

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was browsing the books section at Costco and found this new book. It has some very interesting photos I thought I'd share. The book says some have never been seen before. ?
If this isn't the right place for this post I'll move it.

The Book has a nice slip case. Very sturdy. The book is full of pics of the SW merchandise produced over the years plus lots of info about Lucas and Spielberg leading up to the movie and beyond including some Indy stuff.

Hope some of this might be useful. Enjoy!

Cover.JPG

This pic of Luke with the saber is very interesting. It looks like there are no grips on it all. Grainy pic I know.
Luke.JPG

I thought this was strange, look at the Yoda saber. It looks like a rattle can gray paint job.
sabers.JPG

Sorry for the orientation of the photo here but this is a pic they say has never been seen. I have no idea about that but what is that Han has under his arm?
Almost looks like a flash unit of some kind.... Any thoughts?

solo CU.JPG

Wide shot of above photo
solo wide.JPG

Close up of Yoda's saber
Yoda saber.JPG

Last edited:
While I don't recall the flash or item used, the Han pic, he's holding the "air canister" when they leave the falcon to investigate the "asteroid". I've seen that pic before and it comes up in Google searches.

Still, might be a nice book to have. I'll be on the lookout for it just to page through it lol.

I'm going to have to hunt this book down. This past week I was searching for the oxygen system. I was wondering what parts were used to make it? Anyone in here tackle replicating it? Or know the nickname to search for to find it, I haven't had any luck.

it looks like a operating mask was used, the kind to knock you out, or the mask the EMTs use when they put you in the ambulance. In the force awakens the mask strap looks like subadiving rubber strap

I have yet to see a good close up of the actual can attached to the other end

- - - Updated - - -

That Hoth pic continues to support that the grips fell off in the cold climate...

This is a new picture to me, but like you said it really backs up the theory that the tempature helped them detached. Now seeing this photo I'm sold on that theory

Ugh-- they picked the worst sabers from the saga to show. If that spread was nice clean close ups of Obi-Wan ANH, The V2 and any of the Graflexes I'd go buy it right now.

I went through that book twice looking for a group pic of the OT sabers but it just wasn't there. Bummer I know. I was so hoping!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the only quality I've seen it in, but here's the image that has been floating around for a while:

http://i.imgur.com/JLbQY7C.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I've never seen it until today.

The book was just widely released this week and is available almost everywhere books are sold. Highly reccomeded for the SW fan, although not a TON of prop photos. Lots of eclectic stuff about the EU, merchandizing, etc. very good read.

i have been searching all afternoon... "vintage oxygen tank" "vintage scuba diving tank" "vintage pressure tank" 'vintage aviation tank" i can't find anything that comes close to hans oxygen setup...

i am thinking it is some kind of aviation part... the flange the tube connects to reminds me of v band clamps used on aviation engine components. i was search stuff like "oil separator, oil cooler, oil heater, fuel heater, fuel selector"

i wish i had a clearer pic of the prop. anyone have a better picture of it in TFA?

again I was up super late researching... I can't seem to get anything close to the tank. anyone know the original creator of the run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this book about all SW movies?

It's about all Star Wars EVERYTHING - books, video games, toys, merchandise, cartoons, Clone Wars, Rebels, Celebration, etc. Basically a "This is what was released in 1977, This is what was released in 1978, This is what was released in 1979........" kind of deal. It covers a WIDE range of stuff, but has very little info on any of it. This book has been released numerous times over the years, with more years added to the end of it each time.

I just checked my kid's Guide to Lightsabers book ( a PT era publication) and it it's using the exact same photos as this book-- the grey Yoda, etc. So obviously these are the pics DK has already knocked out and ready to go.

It's about all Star Wars EVERYTHING - books, video games, toys, merchandise, cartoons, Clone Wars, Rebels, Celebration, etc. Basically a "This is what was released in 1977, This is what was released in 1978, This is what was released in 1979........" kind of deal. It covers a WIDE range of stuff, but has very little info on any of it. This book has been released numerous times over the years, with more years added to the end of it each time.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back