SW Helmet Graphics?

GreyGuard38

I ran track days in my car years ago, and I'm looking in to doing them again next year. For that, I will need a new helmet (DOT/Snell approved.)
When I get a new helmet, I'd like to get graphics done like one of Ezra Bridger's helmets. Is there anyone who can print vinyl graphics that could be applied to a helmet for this? I don't have any way to do it myself.
If only I could get Sabine's spray-paint gun that can do any color or pattern with no stencils, masking or color changes! :lol:

So you want someone to design, print and apply the graphics? I would think they would need access to a very similar helmet in order to get the proportions correct. Since the helmet is round, the material would have to be a stretchable vinyl, which means it would have to be printed with solvent based ink, or else you'll have cracks or light areas when the vinyl is stretched. Solvent based ink handles stretching and curves better, but the printers themselves and the inks are expensive and are usually only at specialty print shops and generally not available for home printers.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Good points... Perhaps smaller graphics like stripes or emblems, or just figure out how to paint it? I'll give it some more thought.
Need to find a good helmet, first. I have a "long oval" head. :rolleyes:

Yes, this will be an approved helmet for Motorsports, not a costume prop, so I do need to be sure not to compromise it in any way.
I did some searching, it looks like there are decal sets with Star Wars logos and such. I'll see what is available. :)

Did you find a solution?

Water slide decals might be the way to go.. Find an image/images re size in a suitable software or printer and away you go. Depending on size of image it should lay flat or a small cut to manipulate should work. It won't effect helmet being waterbased, easy to apply and dries flat.

I've used these for years on models, helmets, game controllers and old toys oh and cosplay outfits..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back