Interest New OWK AOTC project (Update 8/6 on pg2)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys.

I've got some bad news. I received the OWK AOTC samples today and unfortunately the quality just isn't there. There is some bend to the hilt, there are air holes, the paint is sloppy and the emitter end has a burn across it. Ironically enough, it really could pass for a production made stunt saber. But, for my purposes, I can't put a product out for sale that has these types of problems. So, I'm unfortunately going to have to call this one DOA.

But. The good news is the Maul sabers are currently on their way to me and the last prototype I received looked great, and scrapping the resin OWK AOTC project will allow me to focus my energy and cash-flow on doings a metal OWK TPM saber in the coming months.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Aldo The Apache

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys.

I've got some bad news. I received the OWK AOTC samples today and unfortunately the quality just isn't there. There is some bend to the hilt, there are air holes, the paint is sloppy and the emitter end has a burn across it. Ironically enough, it really could pass for a production made stunt saber. But, for my purposes, I can't put a product out for sale that has these types of problems. So, I'm unfortunately going to have to call this one DOA.

But. The good news is the Maul sabers are currently on their way to me and the last prototype I received looked great, and scrapping the resin OWK AOTC project will allow me to focus my energy and cash-flow on doings a metal OWK TPM saber in the coming months.
That’s a shame, but looking forward to the Maul saber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It really is a shame. I put a lot of work into it and the 3d model I sent them was crazy accurate. But, the cleanup of the master that they printed was done sloppily and mold that they built did not have the support structure that was needed to make the model straight. Also, the paint job was rushed. If these problems were present on the two prototypes that they sent me, they would be exacerbated on the production models. So, I can't really trust the work. And when the product is chrome plated, there really isn't a way for the buyer to clean up the casting after the fact. Thus. we have a full stop to the project. :(

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sad to hear... but glad to hear your thinking of a metal version!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el toro

That's sad to hear, but on the positive side, the maul saber and a metal OWK are exciting!

Last edited:

maverickhunter

I'm going to try to make it install friendly. But dual worthy probably won't happen. The design is just too detailed and there are too many pieces. If I made the hilt more solid to hold a blade better, the design would be less accurate.
Awesome! I am in for sure then since I personally don't care for dueling.