New MG-34 in town! (Denix)

It's 14 guage coated wire. And it is twisted at the bottom. You can't see it with the bipod folded up. I have no idea how else you could do it. And I totally see why they did. Without the wire wrap these things would just pop off unless you had an epoxy or something very strong holding them in place. Cutting and filing the t-tracks by hand tooks some time.
My bipod was actually broken when it arrived. It didn't bother me because I figured there would be some damage on this thing after being in years of service. I cut and made a new ring then mounted it with rivets.
20220117_202029.jpg
20220117_202926.jpg

Pretty sure this "box" is just a thin, folded piece of sheet metal. You can tell from the gap in the upper left corner. Just a rectangular piece of sheet metal with square tabs cut out of the corners, then folded into a box. You could probably over-bend the top and bottom surfaces by a few degrees and get the box to pressure-fit onto those side rails of the gun. Seems like a good solution if they knew they had to break these back down and give them back to the armourer after production. Would be pretty easy to replicate this way! Hit it with some satin black and weather the crap out of it. That back surface (or right surface from this angle) may even just be open ... no folded tab. Or it could be a shorter tab that butts up against the top rail. Could be contoured as well.

MG-34_Box.jpeg

Have one on pre-order, hopefully next year late January it will be here. I will add t-tracks and most likely I will paint the wooden stock black. But am wondering where to get the disc and box over the belt feeder.

View attachment 1524838

Ryan who’s T tracks did you use? What length did you start with? Thanks!
I got the tracks from Etsy super6props DLT-19 t-tracks. Its a set. They're pre cut to length. Actually they were all slightly longer than needed so I had to trim them down. Then I had to cut the angle on all of them and file the notches in them. I colored the cut parts with a black pen when I was done because they're very light in color where you cut them.

Pretty sure this "box" is just a thin, folded piece of sheet metal. You can tell from the gap in the upper left corner. Just a rectangular piece of sheet metal with square tabs cut out of the corners, then folded into a box. You could probably over-bend the top and bottom surfaces by a few degrees and get the box to pressure-fit onto those side rails of the gun. Seems like a good solution if they knew they had to break these back down and give them back to the armourer after production. Would be pretty easy to replicate this way! Hit it with some satin black and weather the crap out of it. That back surface (or right surface from this angle) may even just be open ... no folded tab. Or it could be a shorter tab that butts up against the top rail. Could be contoured as well.

View attachment 1537312
The moment I receive the MG34 I'll look closer to see how the parts will fit. Not long now

Last edited:
Okay I am so confused.

I thought it just had a Michell disc. Where is the Revell V8 part? Am I confusing parts, are the melding in my mind?
o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O
Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back