New MG-34 in town! (Denix)

The display for the Denix DLT-19 Stormtrooper rifle is ready. Considering the full metal MG34 from Denix has about 8 kg, the support had to be very solid to hold this heavy piece. I'll still upgrade the DLT-19 with various parts and greeblies in the future, but glad the display is finished:

Denix-DLT-19-07.jpg

Denix-DLT-19-09.jpg

The display for the Denix DLT-19 Stormtrooper rifle is ready. Considering the full metal MG34 from Denix has about 8 kg, the support had to be very solid to hold this heavy piece. I'll still upgrade the DLT-19 with various parts and greeblies in the future, but glad the display is finished:

I always loved that display with the vert sabers and the 34 is the perfect addition to it :)

Love to pick one of these up, but it’s nearly impossible to get even a Denix Mauser in Canada. Forget about getting one of these beasts.

Love to pick one of these up, but it’s nearly impossible to get even a Denix Mauser in Canada. Forget about getting one of these beasts.
I am not a lawyer, etc (although I did work for the courts for almost a decade) but unless I missed something, one of these would be very illegal in Canada.

Fully automatic weapons are Prohibited Firearms in Canada.
Replicas that "closely adhere" to the design of a real weapon are treated the same as the real weapon.
Therefore, a close replica of a fully automatic weapon would be considered a Prohibited Firearm.

A C96 predates 1898 and therefore counts as an antique, so it's not restricted or prohibited unless it's specifically mentioned in the Regulation, which I don't think it is. So the Denex C96 is perfectly legal; it's just that Denix brands it as part of their WWII line so if you get a CBSA agent having a bad day they might latch onto the "world war 2" part and now you're having to prove it's technically an antique. I expect it's not worth the hassle to importers to try an bring it in, but I've had one in my luggage, siad luggage got search, and I didn't have a problem.

I looked at some real MG34 stocks, most of them are eagle and swastika stamped, have 3 letters and 2 numbers under the swastika. There's also a big serial number below that. I wanted to put some easter eggs on this thing so I turned the swastika into the imperial logo anh77 (a new hope 1977) and on the bottom 2187 princess Leia's cell number. I used my glowforge to do the engraving. View attachment 1539619
How did you managento remove the stock?

Thanks in advance. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back