Hey all,
I'm rather new to all of this. I've never made any props before but I have recently gained a lot of interest in doing so. I heard of this place as I watched Adam Savage make things on tested's youtube channel. I'm excited to see whats out there and start building things to share with everyone!

Hey there, new member here. I'm 36 married with 4 kids, and love Star Wars. I am currently working on my first costume that I hope to get done in time for comic Con.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

New guy here, only recently learned of this forum after watching Tested videos on YouTube.
I've had a yearning to build something for ages but never really had any focus. I've got loads of projects on the go in Photoshop (most of my stuff is replica documents and signs).
Looking at the forum has inspired me to forge ahead with some of the things I saw no need (or use) to carry on with. Love the idea of sharing what I do with others.

Hi everyone. I've benefited from browsing these forums for the past year or so as I've gotten into building replica props as a creative outlet for making. I'm currently working on a replica of Tracer's Pulse Pistol from Overwatch which I'm really excited about, and I plan on sharing my progress in a post soon.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the resources they've shared, and I'm looking forward to trying my hand at giving back if i can.

-Steven

Greetings humans, I'm new to some of this. Been one of those who buys props or makes do with what I have. Working on my first complete ground up build and I'll be starting with the helmet. So if you have a thread to point me to on how to get started or tips that would be great. I'll be starting in Maya and modelling in 3d and hoping to share my story as I've enjoyed reading builds of others through the years.

Ciao, Annyeong

Hello, I just joined today but I actually knew about this site for a while now and actually just starting to use it in helping me with my cosplay . This site is awesome look forward to spending my life up here. :D

Hello,

I'm Professor Ozone and I've been to the site many times looking at all the cool work. I like to make things and sometimes they are props. I have to say I'm not quite as shall we say, detail oriented as others. I prefer to make my own creations for the most part and not exact replicas, but I'm amazed at those who do.

Thanks.
O3

Hello from Italy!

my name is Brandon and I am a professional drummer, but I love also movies so much!
I was looking for a good site, to talk, discuss and find some good printable file for my future "Spider-Man Civil War" Mask. So here I am!
This is my first time that I buy a costume (I already have Spidey Civil War costume) but I need the mask, at the moment .
Hope someone can help me , and I hope to have a good time here! :cool

Hello. My name is John and I'm new not only to the RPF but to prop collecting in general, though I've been a fan of the classics since childhood. I owe my interest in props/replicas entirely to Adam Savage, whose infectious joy and enthusiasm all but forced me to check out the RPF, and I have to say it's pretty damned awesome! I have no skills, so I probably won't be showing off a whole lot, but I love the stuff I'm seeing.

Hello!

My name is Miguel and I'm from Puerto Rico. I've been a Star Wars fan all my life, thats why I started building lightsabers. I also love movie props in general. I look forward to posting my works here to get your feedbacks!

Hello. I'm new here and heard about this place from watching Adam Savage do his one day builds on-line. I'm 31, a welder by trade and a comic book nerd lol. I'm here in the hopes that I can learn how to make costumes and other cool stuff and learn different techniques. I have an idea for a costume for an upcoming comic-con here in Idaho. I know I can get the clothing fairly easy but the mask is the part that I'm having problems with. I want to make a Grifter mask from WILDcats. I originally thought of using leather from an old set of welding jackets but I'm not sure. Any and all advice would be greatful and hopefully I'll have some knowledge to return. Thank you for your time :)

Hey Everyone!

I'm extremely happy to join the RPF and found out about this forum from Tested and Adam Savage. I have been a woodworker and maker since my dad taught me to use tools as a kid.

I am a big fan of the Fallout Franchise, Star Wars, Halo, and many others. I am starting plans for my first project and it will be from the Fallout Universe.

Greetings!

I, like many others, found out about the site from Tested with Adam Savage. New to the world of props but the wife and I recently purchased a 3D printer and are taking our first baby steps into the world of being makerdom. Hoping to find inspiration and trade ideas and hopefully make some really cool stuff.

Hello, I'm Bryan. I lived in Indianapolis. Soon moving out to Chicago on this end month. I joined this website I two days ago because I found out someone does make a Stargate Atlantis wall and standing make me so jealous. Ha-Ha. However I playing on The PlayStation 4, different games. I will plan to work Stargate stuff for sculpture or decoration, but need some material what I needed.

Hi. I'm Matt. Or call me any name you want, (yes I'm weird like that).

I love cosplay, ever since I can remember. And though I am mostly strapped for cash, I still pull off cosplays. On the table for me now is John McClane from Die Hard with a Veagence. The hot Florida climate here doesn't give me lots of options for a full covering costume. Any help with clothing items wI'll be greatly appreciated and welcomed!
Thank you, and as always...Yippee Ki yay, mother****er

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Heyo, I'm Kat.

I'm 27 years old, live in the Quad Cities area of IL/IA, work as an associate manager at a movie theatre, and have been cosplaying since I was 13- making my own cosplays for over a decade- although I've never made any armor and my prop making has been very limited. I'm on a tight budget (yay adulthood!), and so I tend to hunt for deals when it comes to cosplay supplies.

This year, I'm on a convention hiatus (I usually attend ACen and a couple more local cons), and I'm super salty about the hiatus (the cons are my vacations from real life- without them, I get no vacation) so, thanks to the encouragement my boyfriend constantly pushes my way when I voice my doubt in my ability to craft armor, I intend to use this year to add some skills to my cosplay crafting arsenal! The learning process and all the research and trial and error will keep me busy, as well as giving me the skills to better myself at my longtime hobby!

My dream cosplay for the longest time has been a full set of FemShep N7 armor from the Mass Effect series- for my first ACen a few years back, I did a dress variant of the armor, and then a couple years later, I did a Victorian dress variant of the armor, both with my precious Viper sniper rifle prop that my dad helped me build. While it was satisfying, I NEED the full suit of armor, haha!

I stumbled across this website when I was looking for armor assistance and patterns, and here we are! I'm not sure how often I'll be posting, as I tend to mostly use my phone for everything and am rarely on a computer, but for anyone interested in following any progress this armor/prop newb makes, I'm definitely gonna be posting progress updates to my instagram and facebook page. I'm amazed (and a little intimidated, lol) by all the awesome people on here, and hope to learn a lot from this place!

See you all around! ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Heyo, I'm Kat.

I'm 27 years old, live in the Quad Cities area of IL/IA, work as an associate manager at a movie theatre, and have been cosplaying since I was 13- making my own cosplays for over a decade- although I've never made any armor and my prop making has been very limited. I'm on a tight budget (yay adulthood!), and so I tend to hunt for deals when it comes to cosplay supplies.

This year, I'm on a convention hiatus (I usually attend ACen and a couple more local cons), and I'm super salty about the hiatus (the cons are my vacations from real life- without them, I get no vacation) so, thanks to the encouragement my boyfriend constantly pushes my way when I voice my doubt in my ability to craft armor, I intend to use this year to add some skills to my cosplay crafting arsenal! The learning process and all the research and trial and error will keep me busy, as well as giving me the skills to better myself at my longtime hobby!

My dream cosplay for the longest time has been a full set of FemShep N7 armor from the Mass Effect series- for my first ACen a few years back, I did a dress variant of the armor, and then a couple years later, I did a Victorian dress variant of the armor, both with my precious Viper sniper rifle prop that my dad helped me build. While it was satisfying, I NEED the full suit of armor, haha!

I stumbled across this website when I was looking for armor assistance and patterns, and here we are! I'm not sure how often I'll be posting, as I tend to mostly use my phone for everything and am rarely on a computer, but for anyone interested in following any progress this armor/prop newb makes, I'm definitely gonna be posting progress updates to my instagram and facebook page. I'm amazed (and a little intimidated, lol) by all the awesome people on here, and hope to learn a lot from this place!

See you all around! ^_^

Greetings all, I always find these intros difficult because they feel like bragging when I tend to lean more into self-deprecation, but what the hell.

My name is Derek Olson. I am a husband, father of three daughters, woodworker, author, medieval reenactor, RPGer, fantasy and sci-fi reader and hellacious movie nut, and all around seeker of independence with luddite tendencies . I'm certain I was born in the wrong century. My favorite space in the world is my workshop where I build things from wood (and other materials) using mostly hand tools and traditional techniques. Sometimes I fire up my forge for some rudimentary blacksmithing (still beginning to crack the surface of this)

For the past several years I've chronicled my thoughts and work with a blog at oldwolfworkshop.com I've been fortunate enough to build some pieces for museums and have articles and tips published in Popular Woodworking Magazine.

For many years I've focused on reconciling the common ground between my woodworking world and my medieval reenactment world finding it in the book I'm currently writing about building medieval period furniture extrapolated from surviving illuminated manuscripts. The research side of this endeavor has mostly come to an end, with the first draft 80% done and a few of the pieces built. So as I work through the rest of the pieces I've chosen to occupy my curiosity reconciling my shop time with some of my other interests.

Prop building appeals to me because of the research aspect (which I love) and it's a chance to branch out and learn some new skills. Casting, modeling, and fabricating using different types of materials. learning new skills just makes me happy. Of course those thoughts lead me to rediscover Mythbuster Adam Savage and Tested and his repeated references to this forum lead me here.

I'm very curious to see where this whimsy takes me.

Thanks for having me.

D

Hello,
I recently joined the RPF and below is my list of Costumes that are completed or in the works, Enjoy.

Completed Costumes:
Stormtrooper (Stunt Version)
Tie Fighter Pilot (ANH Version)

Incomplete/Future Costumes:
Director Orson Krennic
Scout Trooper
Imperial Gunner

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back