Hello I'm Gareth. Not a lurker only discovered TheRPF today via some youtube videos of Adam Savage where he talked about it...a lot. So I googled and signed up.
I'm a big fan of sci-fi in general and I love to build stuff and dress up. One of the myriad reasons I do amateur theatre is that it lets me do both! So I'm thinking about going to my first ComiCon in October in London and my friend and I are thinking of going as The Governor and Rick Grimes (not original I know, but I already have a lot of gear that I can easily convert to a Rick Grimes season 1 costume!)
So far the only things I have made are both originals not replicas. I have designed and built a sonic screwdriver for a Whovian friend of mine and I built a Lighstaber hilt for my brother. I plan to finese the screwdriver design to include a TV-B gone signal and I plan to build my own lightsaber hilt too, but with a detachable fighting blade.
Also from reading through a few of these posts it seems that I may finally get myself motivated enough to try and tackle and IronMan suit and a Rocketer Helmet, Rocketpack and costume some day.
But for now I'll keep it simple with trying to build a basket weave holster, and put basket weave markings onto a HD belt I have found.

hi everyone... I'm a big Star Wars fan... boba fett is the suit I'm putting together... I'm a member on dented helmet.. also my sons are crazy for 60s batman and robin... so looking to put together suits for them guys, looking forward to learning and getting Advice from the forum.... many thanks bob

Hello.

Just joined last week and I'm super excited to be on here. I'm a filmmaker that loves to get his hands dirty. I learned about this place from watching Adam Savage and Tested on Youtube. I'm currently looking for a way to replicate the Darjeeling Limited suitcases. The leather is what I'm having trouble with. So if any of you work with leather, let me know.

Hope to make some good friends. Thanks!

Hello y'all,

I am a 42 year young nerd at heart who is entering into the world of Cosplay for the first time. My first costume will be my all time favorite comic book character, Deadpool. I have everything ready and will post pics once I have it presentable. Being that I am new to this world I will be asking a ton of questions and hopefully be getting great ideas to improve on my costume for next year. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like to discuss any topics further, and i look forward to meeting some great people on this site. Thank you again for allowing me to enjoy this adventure along with you all.

Hiya!

Like many, I was a long time lurker and long time cosplayer, and I decided that I should finally make an account to become a part of the community! As I mentioned, I've already done quite my fair share of cosplaying. I started with a scratch-built Astonishing Wolverine suit that made when I was 13, a Deadpool suit I made when I was 14 for the San Diego Comic Con 2010, and just never looked back. I now have a Deathstroke mask, a full, home made Batman costume, a scratch-built (except for the blade) Assassin's Cred costume, and as of 9 months ago, I have an Iron Man Mk 43 cardboard suit I wore on opening night.

I'm currently in the process of making a new Iron Man suit, this time in foam and going off of the Mk VI suit, and I'm also in the process of finishing a War Machine Mk I suit for a friend. I'll probably upload those when I finish them :) Anyways, I look forward to meeting all of you great people in this cosplay community, and can't wait to join in on the fun :3

Hello there!

My name is Ray and I'm a short term lurker and decided to make an account to get started. I am still trying to find my way around and to see what interests me the most in terms of builds but this place has inspired me to at least move beyond sighing and thinking "I'd sure like to build that...".

Thanks!

Hi,
Looks like i'm 20 years too late to the party. Not a big forum user now-a-days. Used to host my own back in the day. Super handy for research though and that's mainly why i'm here. I have donned a few Sci-Fi outfits in the name of my kids birthday parties. From Batman to generic Jedi i've recently noticed that I'm buying rather than renting because i'm secretly hoping i'll get to play act again.

Looking forward to getting involved!
Trooper.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all.

I'm Parker, and of course, I like building things. Usually basic props that are either static or just light up. Sometimes I can repurpose circuits from similar things, like using Hasbro lightsaber boards in my custom sabers. I joined because I want to build a neuralizer with sound and need help finding a sound board.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

G'Day everyone!

As you may have guessed I am Australian and have been using the RPF forums for guidance for a couple of months now.

I am currently working on the recreation of a Mythos Boba Fett. This version of Boba Fett was created by Sideshow Collectables and it is absolutely awesome - make sure you Google it sometime.

I have been a member of The Dented Helmet for three years now and the guys/girls over there have given me almost all the help that I need. Unfortunately they cannot help me much when it comes to lightsabers and that is why I find myself here.

Anyway I cant wait to get stuck in and I'll make sure I put up a build thread at some point!

Cheers.:cheers

Well met fellow builders!

My name is Kevin, and while originally from Georgia I now reside in Lynnwood, WA (just outside Seattle).

Cosplay is something I've been highly interested in for years; often promising that 'next year' I'd find something to do. The problem always being that I prefer armored characters and always assumed the process was beyond me!

While looking for Halloween costume ideas, I stumbled across pepakura and these forums. This led me to some builds to watch and try, so here I am!

My current projects are a series of FA Troopers for some friends to attend the premier, a Dr. Doom, and a set of Omega Armor from Star Trek Online (for a friend).

Can't wait to see all of your work, and show mine off!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I'm Robert from Tulsa, Ok.

I've been interested in cosplay for a while now, but only recently have I had time to dedicate to it. I've only just started ordering peices for a suit im creating. My friend calls it a "budget batman suit of armor". I guess in theory it is, but its not what I had in mind. I don't know what to call it, but I have an idea, and I will see how it turns out. The plan is going to a functional suit. I want to start off by saying I never want to use this for its intended purpose, but it will be built to handle it. The upper chest peice will be functionally stab proof, and bullet proof but It will take me a couple of generations to make that happen: that is where this idea is headed anyways. I only do things to the best of my ability, and making a fake suit of armor isn't something i want. Im sure you all think im crazy now, but atleast you have an idea of what im trying to create. The link below is the upper armor im starting with. I will be adding metal chest, back, and arm plates to it, more then likely aluminum for now. any and all idea are welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcross-...181829019302?var=&hash=item2a55daa6a6&vxp=mtr

Hello.
I am new here as a member, but I have been reading off and on for some time. I have always been fascinated with prop building but never tried it as of yet.

Hi all!! This is my first post here. I just joined! I've see some of the great costumes that have been built and they are great. Glad to be here and start my own build!

hey all, i am new here and figured id say hello. 34, soon to be dad and husband. getting in as many builds as i can while i still have any free time. previous experience in maquettes, mold making, sculpting and casting. more interested in prop making. starting my first build from a war machine pdo i found on here. i will be donating for it as soon as i open a paypal account. thank you JFcustom for all your hard work, ill repay the gift very soon! looking for Bane's mask from TDKR and mostly random props. Proton packs, archangels wings, full body yoda or gremlins. foam and resin are just such a great compromise between high quality and instant gratification. i am hooked. cant wait to upload some pics of my WIP stuffhave a wonderful day!!!

Howdy all! Newbie to the site and haven't even scratched the surface of treasures on this site but have been absolutely blown away by the work from the modders of Back to the future Nike Mag replicas it's truely awesome work and will be my first port of call!

Hi my name is Mary - I started off 25 years ago in turning pieces of unloved furniture into functional works of art ( even if they were not very good) now I make some props for my grown up kids and my daughter's class just finished a monster book of monsters, 25 wands and loads of potions -they love them. - found this site while looking for inspiration and new materials to work with. Looking forward to learning new things and if my stuff is good enough sharing. I have also made some game of thrones furniture and dragon eggs and trays.

Hey there,

I am not new to costume making, I am actually working in the movie and theater industry making costumes. Even though I am pretty knowledgeable I have LOTS to learn. Props on the other hand are a whole new beast. I have RPF on my Facebook but I have never made an account up until this point. My first full build will be my boyfriends Warlock costume, including weapons, armor and helmet.

I hope to use this site for its resources and to document my process.

Hello my Name is Jürgen. I live and work in Nürnberg Germany.

I am currently 37 years old and i am a huge Science Fiction Fan since my early Childhood.

Since i do not have a Workshop at my Disposal i usually create small Replicas for myself.
I am a Live Roleplayer and so, there are allways Things you could use there. I also like to attend to Conventions in Germany.

Mainly i collect or make Uniforms and Costumes for myself.
So far i have collected a few military Uniforms, a few historical Costumes, a few Movie Costumes etc.

Whenever my time permits it, i mostly do small Stuff like Jedi Holocrons, small Replicas of Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek and so on.
I do the same with Costumes. I buy part of them, i try to recreate them, whenever i have Sources about the Basic Material.

Recently i have finished a recreation of a Kahki Seaquest Uniform, and currently i am working on a Royal Navy Captain and a Redcoat Costume.

I occasionaly find the Source Material of Props like Gaetas PDAs or the DeCon Kit Box from Battlestar Galactica and so on.

Aside of that i have a huge Project i am working on. Well huge for me at least. I have a DeLorean DMC-12 and i work whenever i got the opportunity to make a Back to the Future Version I out of it. So far, i only have the Engine Plate and the Rear Exhaust Vents. Since those Stuff is very expensive and the Car and only accesible Workshop is at my Parents House, it ll take some time before it is done.

My other great Hobby is LARP. LARP is short for Live Action Roleplay. I mostly do Science Fiction Roleplays, but from time to time i also do historical ones, Horror Larps or even Fantasy Larps. Largest one i attend is called Conquest of Mythodea, It has around 15.000 to 17.000 Roleplayers from around the World, runs 5 Days and it is one of the few Roleplay where you can see large Groups fighting one another.

Aside of that i do a bit Computer Stuff. A bit Case modding and such Stuff.

Hi, just joined , based in Scotland. I used to have a decent Vader but sold it years ago. Kylo has inspired me so i have now started a Kylo costume.
I am going to use the Disney Hilt then mod it, it is pretty good compared to FX i saw.

WP_20150906_11_31_45_Pro.jpgWP_20150906_11_28_54_Pro.jpg

Anyway will upload some updates when i progress enough and i am sure its half decent!

Mark

Hello fellow obsessives,
Like many others, I've been attempting to recreate the wonderful costumes and objects seen in movies and TV since my childhood. From the first cardboard Boba Fett costume, to a screen accurate copy of Margaret Hamilton's Wicked Witch outfit. Having small pieces of tangible fantasy that can be shared with others, has brought a lot of joy into my life.
I am glad that this group exists to further that purpose, and I am proud to join!

P.S. The current obsession is recreating props from Agent Carter to do a fat genderbent version on Halloween.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back