New member/poster, but medium-time lurker.

I've used the various threads hear to build up my theoretical knowledge, and I've finally got time to put it to practice now.

Looking forward to creating with my hands what the ambition this great forum has instilled in me placed in my head these past few years.

Hi everyone,
Big Star Wars fan here. Collected some of the mini prop replicas back in the day when I had no budget for the larger stuff, and just got the bug for 1:1 replicas after purchasing the MR Luke ESB Blaster. Active member on Rebelscum and now Sideshow Freaks as I collect 1/6 scale Star Wars stuff too. This place seems like a great site.

Hi,

I've been lurking on the RPF website for couple of years and decided that it's time that I finally register as a member. My name is Milan, age 29 and I am mainly interested in Jurassic Park and LOTR models and replicas.

Regards,

Milan

Hi There everyone, I'm Craig, and I'm new. Been mucking about making some props lately and I've been nosing on here now and again to find some tips. Heres a wee look at what I've been working on the last few weeks:
2015-07-02 23.17.00-1.jpg2015-07-05 12.15.55-1.jpg2015-07-10 20.52.35-2.jpg2015-07-18 12.10.19.jpg

Howdy!

My name is Marty. I am 37 years old, from Belfast and mainly into 1/6 and 1/4 scale figures. I've been a lurker here for a while and decided to register as I've decided to pick up some Dredd 3D props and this is the place for info, etc.

Hello everyone..

Huge SW fan and proud owner of Chemshaw 13. I'll be one here a lot looking for props and costumes.

Hey everyone,

New to the RPF and just getting into making my first costume. I am putting together a Captain America Stealth Suit. I am currently working on the Shield and was curious if I could get some of your opinions? I felt that, since I am making the "stealth' suit, I made the shield appear a bit more dark and went with a matte clear coat, do you think it looks alright or should I go do it with a gloss clear coat? The collage pic was before I put on the matter clear coat. the other two are with the matte finish.

IMG_0539.JPGIMG_0544.JPGIMG_0545.JPG

Hi to everyone! im trying to be an artist like lots of people here as i can see on your post (amazing art) and i want to share with you my works on Dioramas and Displays. I hope i can learn from you and delight my eyes with your creations. :D

Hi everyone!
I've been lurking around the rpf for a while now and finally decided to become a part of it :).
As an architecture student I am quite familiar with different techniques when it comes down to model making, but I want to put my knowledge back into the field of costume and prop making in the future.
So yeah... :) Hope to learn a lot more from you guys!

Hello, I'm Rodney. I recently discovered costume making. i am a huge Batman Fan. I have been browsing everyone's work and am inspired to do the same kind of things but also very impressed..

totally new here! Marked Mayhem is my name and lifestyle! Huge fan of Gwar Alice Cooper and anything custom and out of the norm!
Thanks for the add! Currently on a Iron Man suit build< said it was the War Machine...hard to tell. I can build anything!

Hello, everyone.

My name is Drew. I'm a broadcast engineer in Oklahoma City. I've been a member of RPF since 2010 and figured it was time to stop lurking and introduce myself. I've been a big fan of comic books and video games pretty much forever and started developing an interest in costuming when our local comic book shop began working on costumes for Free Comic Book Day and an every-other-week children's event they dubbed Superhero School. I finally decided to put together a costume of my own for San Diego Comic-Con and the comic book version of the Rocketeer seemed to be a good fit. Most of the parts were purchased (the helmet was one of Oz's incredible creations) but I built the rocket pack. I'll post some pictures in a build thread a bit later. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about casting basics - it's something I've never done but would like to learn.

Hi,
A little introduction to me. My name is Richard. I'm a technical trainer in the electric industry and a general hobbyist in more stuff than I ever finish. I've lurked in the shadows and watched others builds for some time and figured I'd like to join in the conversations. I'm located in southern NH. Well that was the nickel tour of me. I'm sure we'll share more info later. Thanks.

Hello everyone!

I am a big time movie prop/replica lover- with a wealth of handy tools and skills!

A bit about me: while growing up, my father made Halloween costumes. He started with a TinMan costume made completely from sheet-metal back in 1984 which has since won $1,000s from contests– and throughout the years he expanded into foam carving and mascot costumes. As a result, I grew up loving Halloween and costume making. Every other Halloween, I try to go all out and make a really elaborate costume – and because I love top hats, I try to stick to that theme. The best I've made so far are Tim Burton's Willy Wonka, and Tim Burton's Mad Hatter. I have started a War Machine build (which strays from top hattery) to pay homage to my Fathers original TinMan. The War Machine really is stalled big time, however- but I DO at least have an arc reactor started and the helmet sculpted and ready for the molding process!

Recently, I began turning a room in my home into what I have dubbed the "Adventure Room". This room sits adjacent to both my man cave, and the movie theater. In essence – it serves as the lobby to both. I plan on decorating this room with adventure themed movie props. I am hoping to have something from each of the following movies: back to the future, The Goonies, Indiana Jones, inception, Alice In Wonderland, fifth element, neverending story, da Vinci code, Lord of the rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Chronicles of Narnia, Star Wars, the mummy, thor, national treasure, and the hobbit.

That's a heck of a list, I know, but some of these I already have (Mad Hatter's hat for instance) or won't be difficult to make (Marty's letter to Doc).

If I can, I'll try to post a few pictures below of the costumes I mentioned above, and I can't wait to get to work!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Greetings everyone,

Josh Brooks here hailing from Las Vegas, NV. I have been part of the 405th since 2010 and thats been the only costuming community I have really been a part of. I knew about the RPF and i know of others, but have not wanted to sign up for any because i have not been very active in my prop and costume making as of late. Life has a funny way of getting in the way. I decided to go ahead and sign up on here because i am starting to get back into the swing of things and thought maybe i could post some stuff here and also learn from all of you guys as well :)
I look forward to my adventure with everyone!
Thanks

-J

Hey folks,
I started lurking on this forum a little while ago because I'm going to be putting together Shadowtrooper/Novatrooper armor next year from the Anovos kit, and I was looking for good ways to replicate/purchase weapons and parts for customization.
I hail from Albany, NY and I've been a scale modeler and painter for a while but I've felt the need to expand my hobby into things beyond simple display pieces.
I'm an experienced resin caster/molder and I'm good with hard edge modelling when it comes to scratch builds.
I'm hoping to share some projects on here with others to get and give feedback.

Thanks and I'll talk to you all again soon.

Hey guys and Gals im new here so be easy on me yeah?
Haha im in Australia and im starting to build a Cpt Spidey cosplay as my Debut
if anyone can help me please pm me

Btw i have the suit sorted :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back