Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

I ended up here by way of TDH and STEALTH's You tube tutorials. I'm Christian, located west of Boston and a huge sci-fi/fantasy fan. Main interests are Star Wars and BSG, as well as Iron Man. I'm a wood turner and woodworker as a hobby, and I'm dipping into pepping for the first time. The foam War Machine will be my first build.

I'd love to get into sculpting/casting, maybe someday I'll get my hands on a vac former and a laser cutter, or a 3D printer...I can wish right?

I love all the work from everyone on this board...I've been in awe of the props/sculpts/etc. I've seen so far, and there's so much more to look at. I'm a veryyy happy guy! Thanks for sharing all, this place is paradise!

Hi Everybody

Glad to be part of this community
I've been collecting and making props since 2009 as an hobby
My preferences go to IJ and BTTF but also T2 and Titanic
With time I hope to post the props I think are worthy of being here (compete with the amazing artists I see at this forum is very very difficult)

Hello all. Total newby here. Lots of hands on experience but never like this before. Looking forward to the experience (and help).

Hello all,I'am Jeroen van Ooijen from the Netherlands and i'm a movie collector,not Bluray or dvd,but real movies in 16mm or 8mm.
Last week i buy Gremlins from 1984 an original movieprint,and i love Gizmo very much,my biggest wish is to have a 1:1 replica and love it to have an animatronic of it,not only for me but also for my young nephew that's growing up.
Hope someone know people that make or have this kind of replicas.Let me know.
I follow this everyday and it's a great forum hope i can enjoy it.

Best Jeroen

Hi, My name is Steve....And I'm a Noob.:behave

I'm trying to learn how to build Iron Man and War Machine armors, so far I suck at it. I'm looking to get any help or information I can to learn how to do it. I've been watching Stealth's videos and Xrobot's Videos and website to get ideas. If I make a post for help please bare with me, Thank you.

Hello everyone! My name is Daniel, but a lot of my friends call me Crimson. (honestly, they do!) I'm from a far northwest suburb of Chicago.

I've been lurking around for a bit and finally decided on officially joining in on the fun!
I'm a fan of many of the shows/movies that are popular here, so seeing people making iconic props that I like, is really cool. I'm no stranger to working with my hands. I love making things from graphic design, to cooking, to sewing (yes, i'm a bro that sews), to general tinkering and building. I'm hoping to be able to contribute to the community with ideas, and my own builds.

Now, to decide on what to make..... :D

Hello :) I'm BP I was looking for idea's to make my son (he's 16 months atm) a Trick r Treat Sam costume and stumbled upon this place. After looking at the Sam stuff that was already here I think I'm gonna do pretty good. Also the last few years 4 to be exact I've pieced together/made the costumes (from movies ofc) for my kids/others and felt like sharing so here goes I guess.

2008:
P1020379.jpg
Wednesday Addams w/ Flora & Fawna

2009:
PICT0369.jpg
Sweeney Todd, Ms. Lovett, & Johanna

2010:
P1050296-1.jpg

P1050291.jpg

P1050297.jpg
Repo Man, Pavi, Amber, Luigi, Nathan, & Shilo

2011:
P1050852.jpg
Despicable Me girls

Feel free to make comments :D and glad to be here ^_^

hello there i just joined today. I have a small collection of swords and daggers, mainly movie memrobilia. I am currentlly looking for a Klingon d'ktahg dagger if any one has one to sell or knows where to get one It would be greatly appeciated. look forward to blogging on the site. "Kerpla" please correct my spelling.

Hello everyone

New member as of 10 minutes ago. I am new to making props and costumes but I am looking for some help and tips. Me and some friends are looking to make some costumes for the next Star Wars celebration and we are looking to be themed around Mandalorian bounty hunters. So any current threads,websites or personal tips on what techniques work best or any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hi everyone!

I'm a movie nut, and I enjoy all the props people make! Everytime I go to a comic book convention, I always admire the work that people put into their costumes. Then I heard about this site, and it gets even better!

Hey all, I guess I'm not technically new - joined a while back and lurked much longer before and after that. Finally started being somewhat active in building my own stuff, so I hope I can contribute something useful or at least something cool!

Hi everyone, I've been on the list for a bit mostly in lurk/ amazement mode, but never really introduced myself.

I'm Grimm and hail from Portland, Oregon. I've spent my 13+ year career in the video game industry working for EA, Mythic, and Bioware, and others. I just (today) finished an 8 year run with Bioware as a Lead CG Supervisor.

I'm finally getting around to trying to learn this amazing skill that some many of you folks here have mastered and that's sculpting. I'm a monsters guy and was heavily influenced to get started learning this by the work of Jordu Schell. But have found an overwhelming amount of inspiration from all of you!

Well, I'll stop gabbing. I look forward to seeing all the amazing works you guys put out almost daily.

Regards,

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

finale found the tread for this. new the forums(but not cosplay/prop making) and their is alot of info here. now website name on the other had is not what you think. but still i thank you guys for running the site and so much epic detail/info on it

Hello everybody!
I just started up here and am excited to be a part of this community. I have recently taken an interest in costume design and would like to start making some and was recommended to come here. I'm looking forward to learning new things and meeting new people.
-Phil

Hi everyone :)
My name is LadySnip3r and I've been a frequent lurker of the rpf for about a year now. I'm a big gamer and have recently gotten into cosplay. I mostly cosplay as video game characters and use the rpf as a learning resource. I'm starting one of the hardest costumes I've ever done this year, hoping to debut it in April, and decided it was time to join the rpf and finally get involved in this amazing community.

A little more about me - My favorite games are Gears of War, Resident Evil 4, and Mass Effect 2. I've cosplayed as Umbreon (Pokemon), Misty (Pokemon), Lara Croft (new Tomb Raider game), Cog Soldier (Gears of War), and Aela the Huntress (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim).

Hi @ll

I´m Michael from Germany, so excuse me if my english is a little Bad :behave
I learned much from Movies Games and the Internet, in School it was not really my thing. I´ve read lots of Communitysites quietly, but i think, its time to be a little bit more active on sites, so that all can profit from another. I play RPGs and Tabletops like WH40K, much stuff that i build is inspired by this dark Science Fiction and Fantasy Worlds. Most things i love makin especially for my two little sons, some things i can make with them others not.
So, i hope i can learn some new and interesting things here and also meet some new and interesting people here ... thanks for reading this :).
I build a Space Marine Costume by the way, the helmet is near to finish, but the rest will took me a while... i hope i can finish this project in a year or two ... we will see ... so long :cheers

Hey everyone! My name is Greg and I'm from Alabama. I have been lurking around for awhile and am here because of my passion to have the best bat suit I can get!

Hello all. I'm Brian from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have a bit of a passion for Sci Fi, and RayGuns. I've decided Replica Props are going to be my new hobby, and here I am.

Hi Guy's I'am new here and Im looking forward to make my 1st ever costume that I dreamed of. Iron Man could someone help me out..pls

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back