re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

New to RPF and my wife and I are looking to start a few projects. So much knowledge here it is a great place to be. Loving the nerf mods.

Been working on a Tourchwood costume for the last few years. Wife has made several capes and gadgets. I stick to the homebrewing in the garage to keep my creativity flowing.

We were floored by all the great stuff we saw at SDCC last year and got names of a few members here and hope to meet many more.

Thanks

J & M

hey everybody,
my name is Kal and i am a lifelong comics and movie freak. started making costumes with my grandma and it took off from there. still trying to get the hang of casting and creating. i found this site while following matt munson's projects.
my goal is create a batcave/fortress of solitude type room. i hope collect and create props and costumes i can be proud of. i have followed this site for weeks and it amazes me of all the raw talent everyone has. i hope to achieve the level of creativity and talent i see everytime i log on.
also just to prove my nerdiness/innergeek, my dogs name is Krypto and my daughters name is Kara. haha i wonder if the wife knew what she was marrying into?
hope to hear, follow, and befriend you all.

Kal

Greetings everyone! I brand new to this website and comic cons. I plan to attend starfest in denver mid april and decided to go as the Scarlet Spider. This is the fist time i have very used a zentai suit and decided to order an all red spiderman suit so i wouldn't have any difficulty with the eyes. I find a navy blue hoodie at a thrift store and have removed the sleeves and pocket but need to take in the sides a bit to fit better. i have made halloween costumes all my life and the most recent of which was the green ranger from mmpr. i sewed the green suit and built the chest piece out of cardboard. i purchased the boots and gloves and painted them the correct colors. the helmet took the most time. i used an old motorcycle helmet as the base. the front was a red ranger mask that i purchased online and painted green. i have pictures on my page if you are interested. thanks

Hey all, unfortunately I started off over at the hacked site, but Koniegberg kindly directed me to the correct place. I'm an actor, writer and YouTuber in NYC and I like to make quick, cheap costumes for parties and events. I came here via Google to find some examples of Khan costumes (Star Trek: Wrath of Khan) to use as a guide for my own birthday party costume and was amazed by what I saw here. The level of technical and artistic skill is incredible!

I'm going to share my Khan pictures shortly - sadly I have to re-write the post, as I originally posted it over at the fake site and have no idea where it went.

Cheers,

Shy

Hey I"m Kwame, I've been doing prop work for about 3 or 4 years now, But recently took a long break from it and just recently go back into it. And i'm so glad to be a member here finally.

Hi im Pipboy, just been lurkin for a couple months now and decided to work on some costumes, great to see such a nice and helpfull community of people :)

I sold all of my props when I got married, and now I've realized what a HUGE mistake it was. Needless to say, I'm jumping back in with both feet.

also I'm new to the site...

Hey people my name is owen and I am a fan of all things super hero. I am actually attempting to start a party entertainment gig and any advice on that is welcome. I have been to a few comic conventions and love them. I am working on building my costume collection. I can't really think of anything else to say about myself other than that I love ***** and am eternally grateful to Him for choosing to take my punishment that I rightfully deserve and rise from the dead to save me and anyone who trusts in Him. I am not ashamed of who I am and my beliefs. I'm a very straightforward person and speak my mind. Saying all this... I am very thankful to be a part of the rpf and look forward to talking with you all about props or costumes or whatever else ends up coming to conversation

Last edited:

Hey everyone! I got turned onto this site by a friend and must say I'm blown away. I'm really excited to start my first project and will post pics along the way.

Hi! :D

I just joined on a friend's recommendation and I'm having a blast going through the forums so far. I don't have any projects of my own, but I'm being slowly inspired to try and take something on.

See you guys around the forums!

-M

um, Howdy, I'm Aaron.

my favorite show is sliders and quantum leap.

I first registered with tthe "rpf" recently, and only NOW figured out that , THIS web forum is the real one. LOL.

I've tried posting a couple posts just now, yet it won't post , I guess cause I'm new. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

I LOVE coming here to the RPF! I work as a prop designer and fabricator here in NYC. So I get paid to have fun! I enjoy coming here for ideas and seeing all these incredible amounts of creativity that go into each and every persons projects. The dedication is amazing. Thanks to the creators of this place, much like the old time malt shops on the corner that all the kids could hang out at. Hoping to have some pics of projects I'm currently working on up soon. Best!

Hi folks. Why am I here? Only the (IMHO) greatest spaceship ever created: The Millenium Falcon.

Hi guys! My name is Nate, and I joined the RPF several months ago, but haven't actually introduced myself! I love costuming, although I'm not very good at it yet. I'm hoping to start a project fairly soon that I can be proud of, and can show it off here. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

BEHOLD MY ENTRY!

I am Raizer04, an avid video game player and movie lover. Came across this site trying to figure out the best way to make a saiyan armor. I love anime/manga and pretty good with electronics (video game modder as well). My profession is computer technician and Glad to be on the forum!

Hey everyone on rpf i've been surfing the forum for a while I love how helpful everyone here seems to be, and how knowledgable everyone is I;ve been trying my hand with pepakura which seems very time consuming i did a ironman helmet from Stealth in foam and paper and a wolf predator bio helmet also a Book of eli machete now that the weather is warmer i can fiberglass my projects and bondo. I am also a big fan of Evil dead and am currently on the hunt for a homelite xl chainsaw so i can make Ashes chainsaw arm. I will be posting pics of my work asap as i finish them and I hope to be talking with a lot of you in the future.:cool

Hello! Was looking up props and found this site! What an awesome site! Lots of great skill and talent on this site! Don't do any building or selling, just a fan and collector and looking to add to collection for home and office. Can't wait to become a full member!

hi everyone, i'v been lurking on this forum for a little while now, just because I was searching for something.
Such a great work you guys are doing here, makes me wanna get creative too :)
Hope I will start on something soon

Sandra

Hey everyone,

Been building props off an on for a couple years now.

501st member = TK-8382

Live in georgia...

Uh... thats about it...

Hello everyone!

Musician and Star Wars fan from Illinois. When I'm not dreaming up ways to conquer the galaxy I sing in VEILSIDE, a hard rock band. Other than that, I collect Gentle Giant, Sideshow, and Master Replicas Star Wars stuff. I came here because I loved some of the custom resin models being built of the SW spaceships. I put my wish list in the "Newbie wanting to buy" thread....so check it out!!

T.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back