Re: Greetings, I'm new

Welcome kind sir... what kind of costuming are you looking into doing?

Rinzler from 'Tron Legacy'
Snake Eyes from the new GI Joe movies
Nero from 'Star Trek'
I guess the League of Shadows warriors from 'Batman Begins' would be nice too.

re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello all!

Shaun from Australia here. Avid movie fan wanting to start a collection of replicas (whether fan made or official) probably starting with a Magneto Helmet.

I would much rather support the builders and artists who create the replicas than make my own (mainly because I have 0 talent in that kind of thing)

Hello everyone,

Thought I should finally stop lurking through the many, many, many tutorials, posts and pics and finally introduce myself.

Feels like I'm in way over my head looking at some of the fantastic work showing in this forum, but dreaming big is the start to success right? I've done some small stuff before (mostly makeup oriented) and wanted to try my hand at the next level. Expect a few more posts in the future and LOTS of questions cause I feel more like the country bumpkin looking at the shiney city lights than the confident guy who used to do "this stuff" in his basement...

Hi...
My name is Danilo, and I am from Brazil.
I love movies, and as such, I am a prop enthusiastic... And since I don't have much experience in prop making or anything, I guess I am here to learn as much as I can.
That would be it...

Hello. My name is Mike. I live in Central Florida. I have been building models of all types for over 45 years. My interest runs the gamut of plastic, vinyl and resin kits. Spacecraft real or imagined and 1/350 battleships and carriers being my favorites at this time. I also build 1/15 ,1/16 and 1/35 Armor. Figure and monster kits got me started when my dad gave me that long box Aurora Frankenstien and later the Amt Starship USS Enterprise. I still build figures and Monsters from time to time. :cool

On the bench now:

Zvezda 1/72 Black Pearl Pirate Ship

Fantastic Plastic 1/144 X-71 Armaggedon Shuttle with Revell Stack

Heller 1/100 Soliel Royal french Man-o-war.

I am a registered member of HobbyTalk and The Clubhouse as well as the HMS Victory Modelers forum.

Thanks for another great site to get my inspirations from! :thumbsup

Wats up guys n girls
Im Tommy, i live in the uk , iv recently started makin comic book props and plan on expanding my knowledge of prop makin so guess im in the right place :cool
judging by wat iv already seen here u guys are amazing keep it up :thumbsup

Hello! I'm here because I've gotten into the hobby of making costumes. So far I've done Boba Fett (not 100% accurate), The Green Power Ranger, Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, and Starkiller from TFU2 Trailer, which I wore at Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando.

For upcoming projects, I have Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight from ROTJ, and several other in-progress Star Wars costumes that are more in the planning stages than practical reality

I'm particularly interested in comic book props, I don't suppose you have a comic version Lawgiver mk2 down the back of the sofa do you?

Hey all... first time on here...
Pepping for the first time, using Robo's pdf build (running on a Mac) and (eventually) making the MkIV/VI/(VII?) out of resin and Bondo.

I'll toss up a thread eventually... I barely have time as it is to update my personal blogs. LOL

Hello, It's nice to meet everyone. I just joined today and I'm really excited just looking through these forums. I've been browsing on this site for a couple weeks, but only now decided to become a member. I accidentally registered for the old site first, but I was directed here right afterwards. I'm from California, and I've always wanted to build props and armored costumes. So far I've only made a few cosplays with only fabric, but I've always wanted to make armor. This year, I'm striving to build a Wild Tiger (From 'Tiger & Bunny'), Delta fro Bioshock 2, and Guan Yu from Dynasty Warriors 7. I need to get started right away because I want to have these all finished by May. Haha, Time to get to work!

Hi, the names James and I like making stuff. I have Stormtrooper armour that I had great fun assembling and have used in anger lol, but not with the 501st. Have made a Boba Fett and Ghostbusters outfit for my son and am in the process of building R5-D4 :)

hello - i'm new too!

i found this site because i was looking to build some colonial marine armour and am now in the middle of making a foam set up with help from an indulgent chap going by the name Grave.
excellent site and friendly people with lots of usefull knowledge and PEP files!

Hello there,

I'm a newbie on this forum but not a newbie on cosplay. I already have 2 costumes. ROTS Darth Vader and SST Mobile Infantry Trooper.

I'm planning on doing a lot more. From what I have seen on this forum so far, I'm gonna feel right at home.

*Insert "Long-Time listener, First-Time Caller" Joke here*

Hey, My name's Hutch. I've been lurking on this forum for a LONG time, and I figured it was high time I joined up. I hope that I can make some contacts around here, maybe have a part in the community... But most of all, I hope I can make some cool stuff to show all of you, while also learning things from looking at the cool stuff you're all making.

Hey everyone,

I'm Zack and it's a pleasure to be a part of this fantastic forum. I've been a sci-fi/history fan all my life and I've always held a special place in my heart for props from movies of those genres. I just recently got sober (9 months on 9th!), smoked and drank wayyyy too much and got into pills for a few months. Now that I've cleaned up I've been able to focus on the sweeter things in life and that includes stuff like this. I started off collecting the Hasbro SW ships (up to about 100 of 'em now) and recently upgraded to companies like Sideshow and Master Replicas. I'm also a diehard fan of any fan-made Expanded Universe stuff (ie OZ sabers and custom helmets, armor and weapons) and anything sci-fi or history related. I am in complete awe of the talent on this forum. There are true artistic masterpieces being showcased here and I could get lost for hours admiring what has been accomplished. I am looking forward to all the props, costumes, studio scales to come and I hope I can somehow contribute :)

im new and was wondering if anyone has any free national treasure props to make?

Hey everyone,

I'm Petsku, a prop and replica collector from Finland - been browsing the RPF over the years, many times thinking "maybe I should join up soon", and finally thought it's time to become a member!

I love movies and games - I'm a game designer, I've worked in the game industry for the past 20 years (most recently on games like "Dead Nation" and "Super Stardust HD" for Playstation 3, etc.) and I've always been endlessly fascinated and inspired by the fantastic worlds and visuals of movies and games.

I started collecting movie props and replicas about 12 years ago (before that my collection mostly consisted of game related stuff), my biggest passion is for science fiction and that shows - most of the things in my collection are from movies like Aliens, Star Wars, and Terminator.

To give you an idea, for example, for the past 10 years I've slept under a wall-mounted Aliens Queen head trophy that I had made by a talented prop artist from US (Phil, who I lost contact with years ago, but hope to get back in touch with soon, maybe even through this place :)

Here's one pic of her:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope to post many more pictures of my collection here soon, and share lots of fantastic prop and replica related moments with all my fellow members here! :)

Best Regards,
Petsku

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back