re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

ok well i mostly signed up because i wanted to get some harry potter print-out props for Christmas. but now that i've looked around, this place is awesome! i am so going to buy something from the junkyard. SO COOLLL

Hey.
I am new here and just want to start things off by saying this is an awesome site. I found this site while i was searching up halo armor. I am also a member of the 405th halo costuming community. I love building and creating props from games and movies. I hope to make friends, create, and see awesome props. :)
-Final Legion out

Hi there everyone!!!!! :D
I am new to this site, but anyone on the Tron-Sector will know me as trekking95. And I think some of you are on that site from what your avatars or names are!! :)

Hello all,

I am a newbie......

It is a pleasure to be here! I have been a avid collector of science fiction spaceships, models, and the occasional movie prop for well ....all my live really. Having grown up in the late 60's and early 70's I am a fan of almost all Gerry Anderson Shows, (Thunderbirds, UFO, Space 1999.) Both Star Wars and Star Trek had a profound affect on my life, even to the point of helping me choose my BS college degree in Space Science. Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, both old and new, V Visitors, both old and new, Firefly, Serenity, Starship Troopers, Babylon 5, Space Above and Beyond, X-Files, Dr. Who, Robotech, Macross, Gundam, Star Blazers, Battle of the Planets and all the Sci-Fi classics of the 40's, 50's and 60's....I love them all!

I have put together 3 costumes in the past 5 years. A Star Wars Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot, an RDA Soldier from Avatar, and a Starfleet Admiral. No I do not belong to any affiliated re-enactment groups. I am responsible to a huge 20,000 person Halloween event each year where the 501st Imperial Legion, the Rebel Legion, and the Ghostbusters all participate. Their, time, money, and attention to detail on their props and costumes are quite impressive. So once a year I can indulge myself in a fun hobby and put together a realistic costume.

My goal for joining the RPF is to meet new like minded folks and share my passion for the science fiction.

Many thanks and warm regards

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi you all, I'm new and not, I been around here for long time, just registered a month or so ago, and I don't feel like, I'm in the level to say something, ( but I have lot of ideas)

I like to work with tools, I do a lot of different things in my life, some of them include, luthier, I create some guitars, acustics, and electric, (from scratch), because I have a background of martial arts, also been a swordsmith for long time, also knifes, ( actualy I'm the only one non japanesse that sold a catana to the royal family in japan), I love to create .. toys, props and more, but never think about, how sharp, presicely is the people here, you guys, goes to details, that maybe I never saw, I didn't do anything in more than 15 years, an accident with a catana, cut me my left thumb, and even if now my thumb is in place, it never works like in the past, long time ago, I can carve wood and metal, with both hands, so curves, are precisely, not now, and that, make me think, that I'm was out of business, but time to time, I like to have something, that its impossible to buy... so, I need to create it.

This forum, make me think, that I can do it again.

I need to start buying, tools and more again, familiarize with new materials, because, my life now, goes around computers, I have a master degree in computer science, and I love to do things in computers, but like almost all of us, we need to have something in our hands, not only pictures.

well, here I am, sorry if I am not more active, but you guys are awesome, maybe one day I can share something with all of you...

my props, not much, I'm was more a collector ( buying ) than creating... I have toys, figures, or something, for almost every movie I love... Hellraiser figures 18 inches, alien, predator, eduard scissorhands, STAR WARS, LOTR, horror films, friday the 13th, freddy , and many more... I always try to have serie 1, (but never keep it in the box...) right now, i don't have pics, because everything is in a storage , due economical situation, we move a lot the last year

like I say, here I am, don't know, if I can help in something, ( if is computer related sure yes, or graphics in Photoshop, lets see, because i like to be an active member.

just time.

Sorry, english is not my language, even if I use it every day, i have some verb problems.

Thank you guys, for sharing.

Hi all,
i'm relatively new on here, from Essex, England, and after shooting a music video with a band i was playing in I decided I wanted to get back into shooting short films, rather than just writing them on my laptop and nothing coming of it!

I am planning a few things that require propwork, so started mooching around the boards after being directed here by BFX.

Hoping to get involved in the community and learn from the raft of exremely talented people posting on here.

Dan

Hello

The members of this site, along with a few others, have inspired me to get back into prop making. I had no idea that there were so many people out here doing what I had been, though many are better than me so far. I will continue to build and learn, which will help make me better.

My first prop build was articulated wings for my Raziel costume (from the beginning of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver). I had decided to make them fully extendable and retractable. They were a hit, they were huge and they were heavy.

Hi all Propers!

I guess I am one of the newer "kids on the block". Although a huge scifi/action movie fan for my entire life, I became interested in props, collecting, and building about 2 years ago. After selling items on ebay for the last year or so, a recent client and member of RPF directed me to this site and has encouraged me to join up...So Here I am!

I am impressed with the posting/props/members on this site and I hope I can fit in and learn and maybe contribute just a little :confused!

My focus is on unusual/obscure props or background items that many people may not specifically look for... My favorites include props from scifi 70"s tv shows as well as other SciFi/Action standards :lol

Look forward to posting and getting to know all on the RPF!

Hi from Denmark everybody

Have been lurking for some time now and really love all the creativity and the good tone among the members here.

I have always been a vivid collector of various movie related merchandise - Never anything big or overly expensive, though. But I am lucky enough to have a wife that also loves movies and the merchandise, so it is even "allowed" in our living room;-)

As said my collection currently consists of:
Various action figures ranging from ET to Lord of the Rings. I also have 3 swords from Lord of the Rings (Aragorn's Anduril, Arwen's Hadhafang sword and Legolas' fighting knives).
I have also just ordered a pair of Jurassic Park and Back to the Future license plates. Have just rediscovered my love for these movies and hope to save up some money to buy some of the great props that some members are making here on the forum.

I also hope that I might be able to do something myself and thought I would start of slow, so I am trying to make my own DIET PEPSI FREE, but am having some trouble finding any pictures of the back - if anybody could provide a picture please send me a pm. :)

Anyway I look forward to meeting you all in the forums.

Good evening, all! (Or I guess morning, depending on where you are)

Found my way here while searching for a way to alter Nerf guns as possible props for a future movie. Never know when a fairly sci-fi firearm will come in handy on screen.

But i've been lurking here for a week or so now, and it looks like one of the better communities around.

I'm still new to prop making, and only have a couple of custom things to show (one of which was made by my wife and mother-in-law, all from a few years ago), and they will be up over the next few days. I'm here mostly for the inspiration, and will hopefully have more to show as time passes!

Glad to be on board!

Jason

Jeff here.

Baton Rouge LA. Into all sorts of costume's and costume building. Down to 3 now but continually upgrading. BSG old school Cylon, Wolf Predator and Sauron from LOTR.

This is a GREAT site!!!!

Greetings

Lazlow here.
Just found the site and wow it is cool. I have done modeling of all sorts over the years. My main prop interest these days are books and journals to ad to my book case.
As to the name Indy m wannabe it is reference to indy magnoli, he is like a God in the prop world, love his work.

Keep it secret keep it safe. Lazlow

Hey there everyone. I thought I had done this long ago, but couldn't find my post. So here I am again.

I'm Ryan, aka whiteraven, and I like making stuff. I started out a few years ago making Warhammer 40K custom miniatures and vehicles, then moved up to action figures. Well that evolved into full-size props and replicas, as well as costuming.

I'm mostly into Star Wars, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, and comic book related stuff currently, though I've done historical costuming as well.

I'm in the Mesa, Az area for anyone who is like minded and has tips and tricks to swap. :)

Hi all!!

I should have done this a while ago. I have been coming in and out of here for a few months, but now have the prop building bug. Well other than Star Wars that is.

My name is Michael and I live in Queensland, Australia. I am part of the 501st and have a few costumes under my belt, and am also working on a few, namely Boba Fett and Commander Cody. i am also a member of the R2 builders, and am in the process of building an RC R2-D2.

Then a few of my (501st) mates started down the path of setting up a Ghostbusters group in our State. I now have a complete GB costume. Now I am here to pursue bigger and better projects (Star Wars related or not). I am an 80's child so I have been influenced by alot of the pop culture from that era.

Chat to you all soon!

Hello everyone I'm Mark and I'm Italian, my interest and 'related to Indiana Jones and I played mask orellana, and I'm venturing into other prop, I am happy and honored to be here with you.

Hi All.
Glad to be able to finally join this site after being fortunate enough to meet many of you, and see your incredible work at the NEC Birmingham last month.
Your work is astounding.

Hey everyone,

I found this site looking for Fallout 3 and New Vegas Props. I found some amazingly talented people and decided to join. I'm new at making props and this site has been alot of help. can't wait to see what else I can find on here.

Greetings and salutations

I am new to the board but not to costuming. I am working on numerous costumes at the momemt. Between what I have finished and what is left to be finished I have close to 30 costumes. At present I am focused on working on an A Wing costume, a Sinbad costume and a Sgt Saunders from Combat costume. Hope to meet some new folks and learn some new tricks. Cheers

Mike

Hi everyone, My name is Vic and I'm a big iron man and predator fan. I live in Va. with my wife and two kids, We have a little horse farm. I have a complete Predator 1 costume and love trying to make props but not that good at it. So any help would be great. Thanks for having me. Vic

Hello,

The RPF seemed like the best place for me to find what I need, which was a Cobra Commander costume. I do enjoy seeing the talent on here and making random comments is what I do best, but I will try to be helpful if it is possible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back