re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello all! I have been a member for a short period of time and have just now found the time to write a quick post. I have found the RPF to be a very interesting, helpful site! I have a BTTF DeLorean that was built for me by Gary Weaver. I am very proud of the car and have got lots of enjoyment from it. I have found this movie prop business to be extremely addicting! During the many shows I went to over the (short) season here in Mass. , I cant tell you how many people have just been thrilled to see that car! It has been a blast and I cant wait until the spring to do it all over again. We have built a website which is now online and we a very happy with it. We will continue to upgrade and add to it, please check it out! You can see it at www.88mphtimemachine.com . Nothing is for sale on our site, it is for your enjoyment only. I will continue to be an avid "reader" on the RPF! Thanks!
Bill

Hello RPF!

I am TheTechChild. I am interested in making props, models, and costumes from iconic movies like Star Wars. I am very excited to get into the action that goes on here at the RPF and I would love to know if there has been any research done into making Darth Maul's costume from the actual wardrobe that was used on set. If you guys have any insights into making this awesome Sith Warrior's robes and makeup I would love to know.

Thank you,
TheTechChild

Sup ladies and gents! I actually stumbled upon this site when I was surfing the web for costumes. I can't believe the amount of talent here. Im def. hooked and I want to, no I NEED MORE RAWR. Currently im affixiated on the Red Hood costume creation. But im a newb so itll probably take me a while before I post anything worth while.

BTW that Halo outfit is BADASS!

Hello everyone,
My name is Izzy and I am from Tasmania, Australia. I have been wanting to join this group for a few years now, but it seemed every time I tried the front page said it wasn't taking new members. So I am terribly happy today is my lucky day. :)
I have been model building for about 20 years now, and the last 7 or 8 I have been getting my hand in with scratch prop building. I am currently close to finishing a K-9 from Dr.Who.
I must admit I tend tot have several projects on the go, but they all get finished eventually. :D
Look forward to chatting with you all.
Smiles, Izzy

Greetings,

A brief intro. My name is Ray. Live in the USA. Actor by trade...and voice-overs. Musician, former Radio Broadcaster. I love sci-fi. I own a few things like phasers, Adventurebilt Indiana Jones hats, replica jackets, etc

I'm happy to have found you all.

Hello all.

I've been lurking here for a few months. I've always been interested in props, particularly those made out of something else, like old trilogy Star Wars props, Blade Runner, etc.

Figuring out "What WAS that part, originally?" is the most fun. Then, the idea of trying to find those old parts and recreate it.

Well, while I am not a new member I figure I have been away long enough to have to reintroduce myself. My name is Andrew. I have been serving in the US Army for the past 3+ years (deployed most of that time). I recently got out and now feel I have the time to devote to my long lost hobby of prop building and collecting (mostly Star Wars based). I look forward to joining discussions and learning more about the hobby once again. Prop on!

hi all been lurking here for awhile, finally registered. This site ROCKS!!!! I am a star wars fan just (nearly) finished making my own stormtrooper armour and getting ready to tackle some more projects

Hello all. I am new here. I will probably not post much. I will admire everyone's amazing work though. I will buy and support members in the junkyard. I have already been impressed with what I have seen.

Hello everyone, I stumbled upon here while looking for Snake Plissken info and liked what I found. I'm glad to be among such talented folks!

Hello everyone! I have been a member for a while, but have never posted. I figured tonight was a good as anytime to introduce myself.

My wife and I are into costuming. Mostly G.I.Joe and superhero flare.

I have a love for retro scifi and for most anything techno-looking. My wife is currently really into Steampunk designs.

I hope that I can contribute something to this board. Skillwise I am VERY behind most of the individuals here - but I guess that's how we learn.

Hey Whats up!!

I'm Reno, and I've always been that guy that looks up and goes to Cos Play events to see the costumes with the hopes of meeting someone who could help me with my own to know avail. Which led me to looking up the "How to's" and that landed me here. I'm like a kid surrounded by my favorite idols who hold the keys to my success in making and creating my on props!! My ultimate goal is to have a super hero wall of suits I made myself, similar to Tony Starks wall of armored suits.

Greeting everyone! I initially came here through sheer chance, but after browsing through some of the threads, I am absolutely amazed by the kind of work people can actually do for what they love. Keep up the good work, and I hope to be continually impressed by what people come up with in the future.

Hi Everyone, My name is Mark, I live on the Gold coast in Queensland Australia. Alot of my friends have been telling me for a fair few months that I should join up to your sight and have a look around, so here I am finally.. I have been working in the film and TV indudustry in Aus for about 11 years now making Prosthetic makeup FX, Creatures and Props for all different types of movies and tv shows.. I love my work and find it very interesting and challenging. I also love the fact that I get to do something new all the time and I learn new things every day.

Hello, my name is Hrvoje and I'm from Croatia. I don't know what more to say about me... OK... I'm here because in my country you can't get any props from movies/games, you can't even buy most movies on DVD/BlueRay's( sad country is sad... :p )... And at the same time our movie industry is... crappy...( ok, they are shooting Game Of Thrones in croatia :) ) so i want to learn and enhance my prop-making skills and shoot some movies with my friends... Sounds cheesy...

Hey my name is Jordan, just started getting into trying to make my own halo based props and what not and was searching round when i came across this site and was blown away by some of the craftsmanship. I'm hoping to learn alot from here and apply it to my own work

Greetings!
Just joined, and don't worry, I have nothing to sell!
I'm looking forward to spending a few hours viewing other's masterpieces, though.
I'm in the process of building an R2D2 droid, which should be finished by February 10!
Kurt

Heyo just joined stumbled in here and liked what i saw good community and good ideas. looking forward to many discussions and great advice

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back