re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi Everyone!!

Im a newb to this site found it while trying to find bits for my Star Wars TK. I would like to branch out to other movies too but after this one is finished!

This site looks like fun :)

Hello All,

My name is Joseph . I just got engaged and trying to start my life. I would love to learn a few tricks of the trade. This is one of the most respected sites out there.

Now let me run off and check out this site.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Jon. I joined this site to get some insight and share some experiences on my last minute Tron Legacy Flynn Robe build. I've already learned a lot from your community, and I hope I can share with you all too. I am an electrical engineer so if you all have any questions for me I'd be happy to try and help. Most of my past costume builds have been while I was in college, but here are a couple.

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill

16043_720241343669_25801449_41755679_6800867_n.jpg

SWAT Officer. I also modified the shoes the girl is wearing next to me.

148356_882830498699_25801751_46543751_2746685_n.jpg

Made these to replace them for this Halloween

302095_10100350840479919_25801449_50005010_842387124_n.jpg

Hello all...

I'm Ben, from London originally but now living and working in Tokyo, Japan....

Been a fan of comics, movies, and most associated things for as long as I can remember, but only recently started wearing some of the cooler things I'd seen on screen!

I'm known on COW, and have been an Indy-gear head for a long time...But recently taking advice from a friend of mine ("Hollowpond" here), I decided to try out Wolverine too......

Basically that's me.....If anyone here needs help in Japanese translation to or from Japanese to English I'd be glad to help...And of course, any members currently living here let me know!

All the best, and thanks for having me here!

:)

Hi I'm Mike from CT. I've been a member for sometime but only really started discovering this awesome community recently. ( Thank you tapatalk!) I love everything prop and costume related. I'm a 501st member with an approved ESB Vader costume and a desire to make more props and movie fun as I learn more and more skills. Great to be part of such an active community!

See ya on the boards.
Mike

Hello all,

First time on the RPF. The name has been popping up lately so I thought I should check it out.

I'm building my first costume, an AT-AT Driver. Right now looking for those elusive moon boots specifically. There's alot of info to sort through here. But it'll be fun!

Hi all Im Dave

ive been in to movies for a long time now and found this site and thought i would join as have been thinking of moking my own replica props and stuff for a while now, i have started on a few thins all ready, plus there is so much info and help on here it will be great for advice to.

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am a Trek-aholic.

I have a communicator I believe to be one Jim Kirk's but would love to have that verified by some of the more knowledgeable people on this site.
Communicator.jpg

Hello everyone!
Ny name is Joe and I have been fascinated with the Snake Plissken character for many years now. My first "coming out" as Snake happened over twenty years ago when I assembled a costume as Snake Plissken for the Halloween theme at the restaurant I bartended. I always thought my costume was pretty good even with the limited resources available to me at the time. The costume was fairly complete and even included a custom drawn cobra on my abdomen drawn by my girlfriend. The marker was of the permanent nature and took several days to wear off. Good thing my girl likes snakes!! Anyway, I have only recently become interested in resurecting the persona. Only this time my wallet is a little fatter and there are mamy more resources available that I can afford. So I have decided to really do it right this time and try to build a complete costume as acurate as possible. As all who has undertaken this quest will probably agree, the life clock and the tracer bracelet have been the biggest obsticles. I also need help with the shin plates and am open to any and all suggestions that might help me create the best costume possible. All ideas welcome!! Thanks in advance to all who offer suggestions !

Hi everyone on RPF!

I'm Max and I stumbled upon this site while searching google for MK references. I'm going to try to get a Noob Saibot costume in time for Halloween. I was going to do Smoke's alt, but due to time constraints maybe sometime in the near future.

I've finished up a first version of Noob's mask and I'm currently working on Smoke's alt mask (both pep files created by Vagabond). You can find some pics through my sig.

Hi to all on RPF!

I am "Hoss" and I've been viewing the forum since about 2002, but just joined last year. As you can tell from my profile I am a huge Men in Black fan with many replicas from the 1st two films. I am looking forward to MiB III next summer.

I assume members can view my Profile and can see my MiB album of photos there, if not let me know and I'll repost if needed.

Most of my MiB replicas are housed in a full size, metal replica MiB HQ Locker for "Agent D". In addition I have many paper-based MiB replicas. Also a huge halloween fan so I have a few Star Trek related items too.

It's good to be aboard, thanks!

Hi!

I'm Rachel, 21, female from the UK but I'm living in Vancouver, BC. I've always been interested in replica costumes and props, I love the whole movie industry and I'm having a go at writing my first screenplay. But anyway, I always thought making these kind of things were far out of my reach until a friend of mine started making his own Gears of War armour and was posting pictures of his build on Facebook.

From there I started doing my own research and I'm proud to say I started my first build yesterday! I'm so early on in the build (actually still cutting out the pep) but I'm just loving it, and while I'm filling up with ideas for LEDs and all the wiring stuff, I'm even thinking of all the other builds I want to do! ONE THING AT A TIME RACHEL!!

Anyway, before I moved to Canada I was a photographer. So because of my photographic/movie making side, I'll be filming my whole build with a time lapse video. I've decided to use my iPhone 4 for the time lapse, and I'm waiting for a tripod to be delivered so I can start filming. Although I probably wont start filming until I start gluing the pep together, so I have a while left yet!

Aaaaanyway that's me! I'm on Twitter and have already started writing about my build on there, @Captain_Turtles (shameless plug right there) anyways, can't wait to be uploading pictures of my build!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jon. Been a fan of this site for a year or so. Decided that this Halloween I would give a shot at trying to make a Captain America shield (and costume) from one of the tutorials on the site. Now, I find my self wanting to make more replicas... My wife is going to kill me!

Hello,

I'm Janel from NYC. I've been costuming for a little over a year and would like to get into it more. I have been lurking around for a bit and decided that I should finally make this post. I'm excited to see what everyone is making, and helpfully get some help when needed when I'm stuck.

hello i am Scott I live in Sarasota Fl I love modeling, Starwars and and video games i love game props i am excited to be here

Hi everyone... I've recently found out about pepakura and the process of creating replica items from that. I'm doing looooooots of reading through the forums and will hopefully be starting my first project in November.

hey everybody I found this forum recently researching for ways to build my deadmau5 head. I have found lots of valuable information and cannot wait to undertake more activities in replication movie props and costumes. Anyways here is my first completed deadmau5 head and I will be trying to make the DAFT PUNK helmets next. CHEERS!

Deadmau5 Head with Sound Activated LED Lights - YouTube

Hi!

I'm an art education student from Helsinki, Finland.
I'm a visual culture all-rounder and into costumes and props mostly once a year (during the halloween season).

I am quite handy with power and precision tools and can do 2d designs and vectorizing if need be.

I just started a costume blog. Please visit it!

Cheers,

Heikka

Just want to Pop In And Say Hello From NY
As So Far Looking At The Site, I see A Bunch Of Talented People In Here!............. Hope to Chat With You!

"The Saint"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back