re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi all,

I've been a "looker" on these boards for some time, but just realized I've never put in a hello to all of you. Well... Hi!

Other than this board I've been a long running member on gbfans and the R2 boards. Currently I'm working on my first proton pack and will be moving on to either a vader costume or R2 buildout. (Whatever my wallet or wife allows :)

Anyways, it's a pleasure to meet ya'll.

Hey everyone!

I'm Bill, AKA: Boldar. I'm originally from Pennsylvania and have lived in several places in the East. I've been in Atlanta now since late 2004 and through my pirate friends and DragonCon I have somewhat recently discovered costuming. I am a computer geek and I have also always been interested in the mechanics of things and how they work, so now my focus is shifting to prop making along with costuming. My latest creation is my burlap scarecrow mask from and Family of Blood episode of Dr. Who. I have also been fiddling around with EL Wire, EL Tape and LEDs as of late. Going to probably be trying my hand at casting armor soon too. :)

I look forward to contributing to the wealth of knowledge that this fine group has already accumulated. And I hope to give as much as I receive.

Thanks for your time and for having my in the group!

Hi Everyone! I'm PA Batgirl (otherwise, my real name is Lisa). I've been costuming for almost the past 7 years now. I've done SpiderGirl, SpiderWoman (Jessica Drew), Catwoman (Balent Style) Batgirl (My 89 Keaton Style) (66 Style) Costuming is just now starting to blossom in the Pennsylvania area....

I've been a long time member on the LOH and the SCF (Sensational Spidergirl) and BOTB (Pennsylvania Batgirl) boards...
What got me into costuming? Well, I had always wondered of what it was like to be behind the mask/costume and to give some joy to people...And it brings me joy as well! And being a fan of superheroes since a kid has helped too! And Spiderman has had a big part of that! I watched him since I was 5 (Electric Company) and when the movie came out, I had to have a costume similar to that!! I got my Spidergirl!!

I hope to have an enjoyable experience here....

My name is Paul (apparently) and I've yet to make any attempts at costuming. I'm actually into film and producing and have made a few short films with a feature on the way. Costumes and movies sort of go hand in hand, I want to learn more about it and meet some costume designers and prop masters in the mean time.

Some pretty impressive stuff here for sure.

Hello all!

I'd like to be part of this community coz I'm blown away with all the talents here. Found out about you guys from a series of videos on youtube. Cheers!

Hi there.

My name is Mark and Im from Sydney in Australia. I was looking for information on buying an Anakin Skywalker costume when I stumbled across this forum.

Looking around the threads, I cant believe some of the stuff people are making here. Seeing what people are capable of really makes me want to try my hand at making something but at this stage I have absolutely no skills in making anything, let alone awesome props. So for now, I think i'll just stick to buying other peoples awesome work.

Hey everyone!

I'm Jason. I am a halloween enthusiest. My goal is to always have the best costume at the party. list of costumes I have made two costumes and am working on my third costume ever. my works are:

2009: Roman armor
2010: Special Agent
2011: Tron Legacy (in progress)

The RPF has helped me so much this year! thank you all

Never did post on this thread, suppose I should.

I'm Michael. I've been a longtime lurker and finally made an account in January of this year when I couldn't hold out anymore against the wiles of the Time Bandits map. I've made a few other purchases since then, but haven't much added to many discussions, since I have not yet really had enough time and motivation to dive into this amazing and delightfully addictive hobby.

Cheers!

Hello all!

I am a Network Administrator from Pittsburgh PA and I have been a lurker for about a week. Prior to, I had no idea this awesome site even existed.... boy I was missing out! Anyway, what brought me here was the fact that the recently released Nike Mag's (aka Air Mcfly's) were set to auction only... I knew this would drive the prices well into the thousands and that broke my heart. While, it is for a great cause... people like me, who have been waiting since 89 for the year 2015 to actually buy those shoes, would be left out in the cold. So, I began a quest to try to find some replicas... and that landed me here. I had NO idea there was such a huge community for props! What got me interested in prop collecting was Back to the Future II (Hover board and Air Mags and future pepsi) and The Goonies (Doubloons and burned map). Over the years I've gained interest in the Ninja Turtles ooze can, Shredder's Helm, Ghostbuster's props, etc. I really would like to land that indian jones and the temple of doom skull goblet :)

Anyway, hello to all and thank you for welcoming me aboard!

Hello i'm prototype01

Cosplayer.Have a X-men First Class Sebastian Shaw/Magneto helmet. (First Class uniform on the works).

I'm eager to learn more about armour and weapon props,molding and painting jobs.
Hope I can collaborate with you soon.

Hello!

I found this site from a TED talk that Adam Savage gave, in which he mentioned this site as one he frequents. As an aspiring crafter (Leather, wood, anything really) I think this site is pretty fantastic. Anyways, I don't have any projects to put up currently, but I hope to be able to post some in the future.

Thanks!
-Itkovian

I am Mike otherwise known as Kiax around the web.

I'm new to prop building, very eager to build bigger and better things.

I have done a few projects so far and come here often to research and learn new techniques to apply to my current project.

Costumes:

Corrilian Jedi with hand made lightsaber w/ Lights and Sound.

Ghostbuster with Replica Proton back w/ Lights and Sound
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/lordmoletary/pack-1.jpg
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/lordmoletary/69361_167833416560175_100000005526576_549900_6583445_n.jpg
Current project:
War Machine. Pepakura Resine/fiberglass mat. (Thanks Stealth for the tutorial and files)

Future Builds:
Ghostbusters / War machine cossover.
Stargate / War machine crossover.

Already experienced the multiple redo's associated with scaling pepakura. My son is happy though because he is getting his suit built by accident faster then mine.

Hello all,
I came across this site while looking for downloadable Harry Potter props and I just have to say this site is amazing!
So a little about me:
I am 35 years old, and I have had interst in photoshoping myself into movie stills and am currently working on building up a HP collection.
I work security 2nd shift in Grand Rapids MI.

See you all in forums!

Greetings. I'm a software engineer living in San Francisco with my wife. I've been active in the 501st community for ~6 years and have put together several suits. I also have a Ghostbuster suit sans the proton pack.

I'm big on replicas in general and came here to admire the amazing work and pick up some new tips. As I live in an apartment in the heart of San Francisco, I lack access to a proper work space so my project options are somewhat limited.

Here's a few pics of some of my costumes. Cheers!

501_collage.png

Hello everyone!
My name is April, but I go by Moonwildflower in the costuming/cosplay communities.
I started out at the 405th with a pepakura Mk VI. From there, I've made more armor and have found my way into latex masks and creature suits. I found my way here by following some of the other 405th members and by following a post made by Volpin.
I'm really looking forward to learning new techniques and meeting new people.

Completed Costumes:
Tex - Red vs. Blue
7 Stichpunk puppet - 9
Lurker - Silent Hill
Miranda Dragoon Armor - Legend of Dragoon
Tali -Mass Effect 2
Cybershade - Dr. Who
Silence - Dr. Who
Licker -Resident Evil

Planned Costumes:
Jun - Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets
Faun - Pan's Labyrinth
Skrimmisher - Halo Reach

Photos of all this can be found on my cosplay group's page:
ShinkaStudiosCosplay on deviantART

Hello all. Came across the RPF a little while ago while doing some searching on making a Pip-Boy 3000. Found this site and think I spent the next 2 or 3 days looking at everything I could. You guys do excellent work.

I am big into the Fallout series, Mad Max, Trigun, Blade Runner, Sci-Fi genre, steampunk, etc.

I also keep an eye out for Doctor Who, Vampire Hunter D and other anime stuff for my wife.

Our collection is mainly figures and busts, never even thought about props until I wanted a Pip-boy.

Going over this site is giving me ideas now on maybe trying my hand at making something.

Jason

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back