re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi all!

New member here as well. I saw there are some fairly active threads concerning The Rocketeer props, so I'm excited to see what nuggets of info I can glean from these posts.

I'm actually starting a Rocketeer, but this will be based off the original comic and not the movie (Really, the only major difference is the bullet-style rocket in the comics)

Cheers!

Hi there

My name is Mike and I'm a prop collector! I primarily collect high end prop reps as well as make some items myself. Real props tend to run into my other expensive hobby of collecting extremely expensive weapons to include short barreled rifles, full-auto and suppressors (silencers) as well as competing in 3-gun shoots and yearly pistol/carbine classes to keep my skills up.

I started off collecting poorly made recasts sold at sci-fi cons until I ran into a Rich Coyle phaser and shortly thereafter the company Icons. My first true high end purchase was an Icons D-7, serial #25. This was quickly followed by a pair of Coyle tricorders (a David Marcus and Commander Kruge tri from Search for Spock) along with the Klingon 3 Weapon set from Icons to include receiving the missing TOS disruptor dated the day they closed up shop (this was serial #2 but I convinced them to strike me #25 so that I had a matched set).

Since then I have collected a fair amount of Sideshow, HCG, Coyles, Masterpiece Models phaser rifles, Jesse Meyer Battlestar Raptor and studio scale old school Raider, and so on. My primary interest is in what I call sci-fi tech (the weapons and gear) along with some of the more interesting ships if I can get them in studio scale.

I have also been trying my hand at prop reps having acquired about a half dozen Cabin negative/slide viewers which were used as PADDs on Star Trek. I have one 90% finished as an engineering PADD from TNG and one as a command PADD from Enterprise.

Currently I am finalizing payment for my Holy Grail piece which is the Sandman DS pistol from Logan's Run made by Rylo. I've been searching for a screen accurate movie version ever since I saw a JJ Lostecki one years ago.

As of now my collection is in storage as we sell our house here in Connecticut before moving to Texas.

For those interested my screenname comes from my current company, Sikorsky, where I was a manager for the US DoD Black Hawk line but am now an international manager for modifications for Black Hawks. I am also a former infantryman with the 101st Airborne (Air Assault) - Go Rakkasans!

Greetings!

I first discovered this site when researching how to age glass and there was a great article written by Robstyle. Then I realized this was a forum for movie prop makers and I was enthralled. I live close to New Orleans and have unsuccessfully attempted to 'break into' the prop making business here. Not sure why that is or how to proceed. I am a woodworker of 16 years and I've had my own website where I sell a variety of items, many of them I've listed as props over the years.

I hope to network with the like minded creative geniuses on these forums and hopefully find some insight into how to start doing this as a living instead of an online business. I recently completed a major project, my first Vampire Hunting Kit, I have photos on my page and more photos and a video at my website, Vampire Hunting Kits - Vampire Killing Kit, Vampire Slayer Kit
46028.251c1449c2ed9d99c5208beca20dfe27.jpg

I hope to meet some new and interesting people lhere, which I doubt not, based on the amazing work I have seen! Awesome site.

Tracy

Last edited:

Hi everyone,
I just made two posts about keys and a book I created from the Potter series. I love the creativity on here. You guys (and girls) blow me away!!!

Chris

Hi, my name is Garth i live in adelaide Australia, love my movies and anime.

I am a part of the 501st Legion (star Wars group) so have stormtopper and snowtrooper costume and am currently working on a Terminator 2 arnie costume, and would love to do a predator at some stage too.

Love movies, love costumes and love props! dont know why i havent joined here earlier!
thanks for reading and hope to be around here for a while :)

Don't know if I introduced myself yet...
My name is Jeff, living in Seattle. Mainly interested in Sci-Fi and comic props. And some old horror stuff. I am a freelance graphic designer and do a lot of work for bands, TV, bars, etc... The wife and I go all out for Halloween, so that is how I got sucked into this hobby. I usually try to make everything myself and The RPF has been a godsend for techniques and tutorials.

Hey all!

I've just registered, following along the Tron costume forum. I'm looking to build a replica costume for halloween 11. I'm from Ontario, Canada. I always go big or go home when it comes to costumes. I've done Ghostbusters, Batman, Spiderman and Michael Myers in the past. Looking to sport a Sam Flynn Tron costume this year.

See you in the forums!
Cheers!

Joseph

Hi. My name is Mike and I live in Oklahoma City.
I got this crazy idea recently that has been stewing in my mind for a while and I have decided to launch it into the real world.
Once I decided to make the leap, I knew I had to join this forum and tap into your collective brain power.
Basically, I want to rally the geeks and geniuses of the USA to build a 1:1 scale fully function AT-AT from the Empire Strikes Back.

I will post a whole thread on this. Wish me luck.

Hello, my name is Jamie McShan and I live in Dripping Springs Texas, just outside of Austin. I just like building cool stuff... I've built a full size, fully remote R2-D2, a Mouse Droid about 85% complete, a full size Galaga (Mame) Cabinet and a 70% scale Pac-Man cabinet. I am currently working on a Back to the Future Hoverboard as my 9 year old has recently gotten into everything BTTF! I went to Phillip's great Prop Party this year and was just blown away! I am now hooked on theRPF and I love seeing people's work! it's really inspiring.

meandR2d2.jpg

(I joined the site a while back, but I really never used it until recently... so I really am new!! honest!)

GREAT I get to follow an R2 builder? I would love an R2, so impressed with those that can build those! Hello, my name is Rob, and I'm from Oregon. I am a member of the 501st and soon to be a member of the Rebel Legion as well. My big project is a full size HIC! This is a sweet board, with lots of goodies that will make me broke! Good day.

Hello creative people!!!
Started Honing my skills with lego and origami back when I was 8. Loved arts and crafts eversince. My bud pursued me to create an Ironman costume but Im not sure where to start, so he told me to check rpf out.
Planning to create the Hypervelocity suit.

Iron Man armor I'd like to see in future films

news

(Last pic, concept created by Phil Sanders)

Its hard, but nothing is impossible tho. ^___^

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello all, My name is Jay aka jamiestarr319 I have absolutely no business being here because I have about as much talent as a rock but am hoping to learn from all of you so be prepared for lots of questions....

My current interests in props are Ironman arc reactors, from the first cave incarnation to the Mark IV reactor, also Helmets from Comander Cody to Star Wars to Battlestar old and new. Rayguns Rayguns Rayguns and robots. Right now I am focusing on Tron and Tron:Legacy, however I can't even paint a frisbee to resemble an identity disc from the original Tron, I cant seem to make perfect circles on a perfect circle :unsure

hopefully I can learn from you and actually make something I can be proud of, I hope to post some pics of past tries at different things I have made

later on dudes

Jeff Bridges rules
Flynn Lives

Hello everyone, it took a year to become a member, but I'm finally here!!!!!

Well, hello there! I am fairly new to the prop/costuming arena. I work primarily in Star Wars. I have already built a lightsaber hilt and started a few pepakura projects. I stumbled upon this site while looking for info on the Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet because I am planing to make a Captian Raymus Antilles costume. I am still in search of dimensions AND a reliable pepakura file for the RFT helmet. I know this really isn't the place for that, but thats why i'm here, so I might as well throw it out there. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

-Blade

I found this forum sometime in 2010, and due to a HDD disaster and lost my bookmarks. But now i am back again! and i cannot remember if i did the intro for myself yet.

I like blogging and taking convention pictures. before being a photographer i was a cosplayer. I consider myself both old school fanboy and new school otaku. Background pop culture? I watch both East and West, from BTTF, AVPVT comics to the current anime and such.

Also a member of the 501st Legion, TKID8249. I tend to roleplay/cosplay anime chars as well as .. any characters i just love. Most recent project? Cobra Commander Resolute.

So here is one of my teaser pics! And no .. i dont wanna scream Cobra-lalalalala~ >.<

5557440371_7e16c5a8be_b.jpg

That R2 is amazing! Great job.

Hi All, My name is Matt, and I ran across this site while looking into making an Ironman costume. I have recently joined and have started creating various helmets from Halo/Star Wars. I am amazed by all of the fantastic projects done by the members of this forum and hope to be included in that list someday soon. Keep up the great work.

Hi all, newbie from Scotland here :D

I decided to join this awesome forum out of my love for film and being blown away by the outstanding work that is being produced by such devoted fans.

It would be truly amazing to have the opportunity to build up my collection and get to know many of you very cool and like-minded folks.

:D

Name: Donald
What brought me here: Well googled tron identity disc modding, and been a fan since original tron movie premiered.

I welcome any and all help modding my first discs, I have two rinzlers, two Sam flynns, and one Kevin Flynn to start with.

I'm John, I live outside in Bastrop, TX, just outside of Austin. I'm interested in James Bond replicas. I ran across this site while looking for some Goldeneye replicas, specifically the flat key. but figured id try to increase my knowledge and share some of mine. I was blown away with several of the projects on this website. I'm glad to be a member of this forum.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back