re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

hey!

Im dave, i study film and television at university, and work with a store called the monster store very closely. after spending months looking through their prop collection (screen used and replica) i figured id like some of my own and stumbled across this forum while searching for props online.

always loved creative projects, films, and neat gadgets so this seemed like the place to be!

Hi, I am interested in everything Pixar,Collectible, & Replica related.
I am also on Pixar Planet very often my username is Snake&Robot
I have been checking here for a few months and finally registered.
I will try to upload pictures of my small collection soon.
Well, I guess that's all

Hey. I'm obviously new here. Just posting here to introduce myself.

I've always been interested in creating things. Probably why I went to school as a graphic designer. For the last year or so I've been really interested in replica prop creation. I think it's absolutely amazing that there's a community of creative minds that are so willing to share and give input on each other's work. It's really inspiring to see people's progress, and I can't wait to add my own projects once I finally get started on them.

Hola all,
My name is Andrew, and ive been watching this forum for a bit now, but was unable to confirm my email until a few days ago. Growing up i always wanted to be a special effects artist, but due to practical issues i was unable to follow this dream. Now that im a bit older i find im still captivated by the same things as i was when i was a child ;).
First off i would love to give "props" (sorry, no pun intended ;) ) to all of you out there whose work ive been looking at for the past few months... i have seen so many awesome things here that i have been checking for, new to me things, every day im able to. I hope to learn many things from reading about all of your projects and experiments. hopefully i will get to know many of you, and maybe every once and a while, hopefully, i can be of some help to others on here also.

Thanks for reading,
Allfate

HI everyone. I'm new here. Lately I got into the making of TRON neon light costumes and hence came across Replica Prop Forum. I'm sure I can learn more things here. Thanks.

Hi I found this site while looking for a cheaper way to make Scott Pilgrim shirts. It has been very helpful and found out more information here then anywhere else thanks.

Hi all, i have finally got round to joining this fantastic forum .
Ever since the opening titles and the star destroyer passing over my head in 1977 i have been a StarWars fan.In the 90's i spent 3 years working for an fx company in the uk making miniature sets/fx make-up and full size props
I love all aspects of model making /prop building and i have just spent a hectic lunchbreak racing around pound stores trying to find all the ingredients to make a lightsabre . cheers

Hey guys, longtime lurker finally decided to register , Ive had a longtime obsession? with props and prop building and I'm glad to be here

What up prop people!? Scott here. Currently in Oakland CA (with South Florida roots). I've always been into model making since a kid, past 10 years I've gotten into prop collecting, but no where near the scale most of you do.

I work in the visual effects industry, so I feel like i need to kick it up a notch. My collection is pretty weak. Currently putting together a Indiana Jones stand up, the start to my home theater.

Things I would like to accomplish on this site... making props fop s fullsize Rocketeer, Boba Fett, and Reeve Superman.

I've only made a few posts here, but have learned so much just reading yours.

Hey Guys,

I'm Chris, ( Greedo on all of the starwars forums) and I am new to this sight....... but not new to prop building. I have been a 501st member for a few years and during that time I have built clonetrooper blasters, 3 sets of armor and just finished up my full size ( and fully functioning ) R2D2.

I came here to get more info on my next project.... a HIC poker table. stand by for a thread and updates as i get more research and start.

here's some pics of my builds thus far:

IMG_0039.jpg

awesomeneyo.jpg

DSC08870-1.jpg

Thanks to the powers at be for making this sight for the rest of us to benefit from.

chris
''greedo''

HI there, So my girlfriend decided she wants to have a Fallout themed party, I guess what better excuse than that to get into making props, so i'm going to make some of the simple ones: Nuka cola, Buffout, Caps, Med-X, various foods etc. But also set myself the task of making a Brootherhood of steel Power Armour Helmet. Will post aa full run through of what I did when it's complete.

Hi all, great site. I found this site while looking for blaster build info. There is a lot of talent on this site. I've allways tryed to build my own props espetially for Halloween. I'll get some pictures up soon.

I'd been a member for over a year before I started posting. :confused So hi, I'm Chris. The forum and especially the search button has been a great resource for me this past year so hopefully I can give something back.

Hello everyone - this is my first post.

I've perused this site for the last couple years. I'm sure periodically you all get an influx of new activity whenever one of the members creates a particularly high-profile piece. I'd like to say that I'll be a regular member, but (as I'm sure with many of you) time and work prohibits the frequency with which I'd like to work on projects.

That said, I don't know how many replicas I'll be making in the long-term, but I would certainly like to show off some original creations. I am a particular fan of Volpin's work, but that's only because I am (I assure you) one of the biggest Daft Punk fans in the world, and a DJ myself.

Anyway - I look forward to talking with all of you talented people.

Thanks,
-Paul

Hi All!

I'm Jason from NC. I am a 501st member and avid Star Wars as many others. I also love all thing Alien (Scott only). I have been a lurker forever and finally joined a few months back. I thought now is as good a time as any to learn and contribute!

Talk soon!
Jason

Hi all,

My name is Doug and I used to be on here a few years back. Decided to return and see what is going on. Also used to deal with Funky Jedi quite a bit. It's been a while, but I am glad to be back.

Hello. Im new to building props, but not new to making stuff...lol...I have built jeeps, and offroad parts for many many years. Im also building a hotrod out of a 47 plymouth. I am a artist, I paint, draw, and make metal sculptures (just started that)....I got into building props, and costumes for this halloween when I made a Stay Puft costume, a ghostbusters, costume, a slimer costume, and a louis tully costume....Now I'm getting ready to start building a Giger Alien, and maybe a Super Battle Droid or General Grievous costume.

louistully-1.jpg

natesstayandchewy.jpg

contestwinner.jpg

IMG_20101101_001156.jpg

100_2852.jpg

100_2864.jpg

Hi, all. I'm Barney, from NC. Have been lurking around for a while and decided to join so I can subscribe and follow my favorite builds. The quality of the work done here is just outstanding. I learn something every time I check in here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back