re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi guys, I found this site while searching for information on the new FE golden gun replica. I've never built any props in my life before and have absolutely no technical background, but after looking through some of the builds on this site I thought I might stick around and attempt to build something myself... haven't decided what yet though!

Ben

i just like building movie props for some reason...but in any case....ELLO!

Hi,

I'm belgian and I'm a huge fan of Hook (1991).
I collect all i can find about the movie (and i have

I never made replica but i think it's really interesting. I love sculpture and i make some little busts but i never tried to make replica.
I only tried the Hook's hook but it's not possible, i don't know how i can make that.

I found this forum after a Hook search.

Hookmovie

Hey, i am Joe. I am from long island. I am a moderate prop collector. I mostly collect star wars, and have a few things from the national treasure series. Happy to be on board.

Hi there everyone,

came across this amazing site when I was looking for information on Star Wars costumes (OT). Always loved the early 'Star Wars' movies, as well as 'The Dark Crystal', 'Krull' and 'Willow', to name but a few.
I've been building costumes and props for my own personal enjoyment and the odd D.I.Y. fantasy movie since the late eighties.

Glad to be part of the community.

Best wishes,

Rog

hey everybody,

i was referred over by other stormtroopers and have found this site very exciting. my costume building ambitions are slowly growing stronger and you all are going to be very valuable when i finally decide to begin another build.

thanks,

tk9415

Hi! I'm Henrique, and I'm from Brazil.
I found about the RPF while looking for info on W13's Farnsworth. I have to say I'm very amazed by the skills and help given by everyone here.
I have a BA in Industrial Design, but I've been working my entire professional career as and art director in the advertising industry. So definately all the work done here is certainly admired!

Hi there. I have been working in replica props, inspired by movies and books for around the last two years. I am an amateur wood worker and have taken to working with many different types of mediums for recreating. I know a number of people on RPF who have been doing this stuff for ages and have had the benefit of working along side some of them. I love learning new techniques and hope to get into a little metal casting in the near future. Currently, I have worked with wood, resin casting, paper prop work, plastic molding, etc.

Some of my recent prop projects include the Hellraiser cube (comic accurate), that has been one of my favorite props since I first saw the original movie, Harry Potter inspired props ranging from vials, potions and letters to crates and boxes. I have a number of projects jumping around in my head to tackle and I have a couple I am currently working on with a few friends.

Howdy Everyone!

I found reference to this site from another group I belong to. Currently I am building an all aluminum R/C R2-D2 which is taking a lot of my time and resources. In addition to R2, I'm working on a Graflex LED Lightsaber. I'm having a lot of fun learning about the various processes involved.

For Props, I'm researching a Jedi Training Remote, Luke Skywalker's Macrobinoculars and a couple of Studio Scale Spaceships. I have already found some great information in the Forums here.

Overall, I have found the people involved in these groups to be friendly and helpful. I look forward to being part of the community.

Thanks!

Graham

Even though I registered awhile back, and never really participated in the forum, you can say that I am new to the RPF. My names Eric and have been a member of the BOTB since '04. I have done several Batcostumes over the years and just got burned out. I have since moved on to doing other things in the costuming and prop world. Im always trying to create newspaper props, I just find those to be fun. You guys can check out the Halloween papers Ive done in the paper prop section. Collecting masks and doing costumes is the biggest thing for me right now.

Hi all! I found this site while spending a bit of time on TDH website. I have found a passion for the hobby we all share that is "Prop Making" in some form or another. I fear that my wife will forever be doomed to have a geek husband who has an obsession. But thats what she gets for marrying a guy like me!

At any rate, you can visit my website if you would like to have a look at my current projects and learn a little bit more about me. I look forward to learning from all of you who are willing to share. There is some amazing work going on around here!

WWW.TheSmugglersRoom.com

Evenin all..

Just managed to aquire one of Monkeeman's outstanding Iron Man helmets and so I thought I'd come here and see what I can learn to do the rest of it.
I run the Galactic Knights Costuming Club in the UK and along with this future Iron Man costume I hope to troop, I have the UK's first Captain Rex and first Mandalorian Supercommando costumes,

Rex1-1.jpg

ProffesionalOrthar.jpg

Great forum! Found it via a friend on the Eagle Transporter Forum who's building a farnsworth. I've been lurking ever since, and have'nt had the time to look at 5% of what you guys have built here! Looking forward to the rest of it!
I've scratch built a couple of lightsabers, and made knives and swords for 10 years, now it's silversmithing and retro Sci-fi sh-tuff that trips my trigger!
Jeff

Hello, I found your forum last night it's a bit of a blur but I think I was looking for Wizarding World merchandise prices. :lol I am going next week for a convention my first convention ever. As of this time, I don't have any 'props' but I may think about doing something in the future, as for what I'm not sure, possibly something simple.

Hello,

Paul here. I am still very amatuer at making costumes, but have as of yet crafted a Magneto and Captain America costume. About to start working on Punisher/Cable/and-or Ares. Thanks for any help I might get in the future!

New to the forum but a long time lurker. I'm new to the prop world but recently jumped into it after I acquired my MR Luke Lightsaber ROTJ. Find the forum online while search on how to scratch build some items and I haven't been able to leave it since (great way to waste time while at work) I'm new to much of this but I'm a fairly new model builder, focusing mainly on sci fi and recently just jumping into armors. Happy to be hear and hoping this forum will help me as much as the many others I am on, as well as hoping to help anyone I can.

Hello!

I've been into replica props for a couple of years, so I'm certainly not as skilled as many.

My main area is Ghostbusters. I've loved it since I saw it in the theater in '84. I'm also the head of the Alabama Ghostbusters.

I've enjoyed seeing everyone's work on here, and I hope to branch out to other things when I finish my second set of GB gear.

Hello everyone, I'm trying to learn a little more to start some great projects... for the while, if you search the word "newbie" at the dictionary, you will find a picture of mine.
That's really great to be here :)

Hi, my name is John, and I live in Houston, Texas, USA.

I ran across the forum earlier today and was interested enough to join.

I've already seen some amazing things here!

Hi, my name is Steve, I live in Sussex in the UK. Whenever I am looking for reference material, I always seem to end up at the RPF. The level of detail you guys put into your work is stunning. I have spent many happy evenings going back over the RPF ‘archives’.

I have been a keen plastic modeller in the past, but nowadays I tend to focus on card models.
Here are a couple of my humble efforts:

I look forward to following your ‘Builds’ (currently watching the ‘Betty’ build by IED Bounty Hunt)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back