Hi my name is Rick
..I am new to rpf I am a modeler from Canada....thanks for having me

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm a long time Star Wars movie fan and original trilogy toy collector, first time lightsaber builder. I just completed my first attempt, a Luke ROTJ style, and well ... it's metal and not plastic. Actually it wasn't a total disaster, and I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum about lightsabers and prop building in general. Thanks and cheers.

Hey everyone!
Happy to be here. I've been getting info from this forum for a long time now and now I'm finally a member. Most of my work involves starwars. I like 3D printing lightsabers and blasters.

Hello! I am an Idaho Ghostbuster and founder of the new Premonitions Ghostbusters franchise. I am also a Marvel cosplayer known for cosplaying a myrad of versions of Loki and make everything from fleece hats to woodburned magic wands. I started out with a 4th Doctor cosplay that was made of a bunch of items that were gifted to me and then got involved in the homestuck community (I was one of the polite ones who cleaned up after the rest.) and found a passion in making costumes that no one had ever tried before. Anyone who follows me on tumblr would know me as DuckTapeStuck, named after the fact that everything I made when I started was made out of duct tape, including a complete MCU Loki costume. I'm here because my costumes have gotten more and more complex as I try to stretch my ability to it's fullest and I'm in need of some assistance on my biggest, hardest, probably most expensive costume yet. I just don't see anyone offering much help on making van sized leathery monsters on a college student's budget so I'm hoping to find some assistance here.

Hello!
I've been a fan of Adam Savage and Tested for quite some time, that's how I found out about RPF.
Love this place already, now looking for a place to make my projects. I have several projects in mind, don't want to get ahead of myself yet tho.

Hey, how's everybody? I've been doing a little prop work here and there for a while. Right now my big project is the Graverobber from Repo: The Genetic Opera. I'm trying to get a screen accurate zydrate gun. I've got everything I need to complete the project except for the piece that holds the zydrate. Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi guys,
My name's Yannick and I'm from Germany. I just found this forum some days ago and decided to sign up now. I found it because I was looking for Star Wars Props as I'm planing to do a Star Wars Fan Film in 2 or 3 years from now. Also I like playing games on my PS4, watching films and designing graphics on my pc

Last edited:
Hello, everyone. First, I'd like to say that I have visited the RPF many times in the past few years through external links and I have been amazed by the truly extraordinary talent I have seen in everyone's work. I have been making leather armor for several years and am beginning to work with steel now. A friend of mine asked if I could make him a Marvel Infinity Gauntlet and in doing research, I was led back to the RPF for inspiration, whereupon I decided to register for membership. Although I am primarily an armorer, I have always been a fan of Sci-Fi and have always wanted to make my own costumes, I just never knew how people created accurate Boba Fetts, Stormtroopers, Aliens, Predators, and the like. With this incredible forum and all it's superbly creative members' help, I can further my own endeavors past historical armor to include replicas from my favorite movies, TV shows and comic books. Thanks for having me!

Brian

Hello, everyone. First, I'd like to say that I have visited the RPF many times in the past few years through external links and I have been amazed by the truly extraordinary talent I have seen in everyone's work. I have been making leather armor for several years and am beginning to work with steel now. A friend of mine asked if I could make him a Marvel Infinity Gauntlet and in doing research, I was led back to the RPF for inspiration, whereupon I decided to register for membership. Although I am primarily an armorer, I have always been a fan of Sci-Fi and have always wanted to make my own costumes, I just never knew how people created accurate Boba Fetts, Stormtroopers, Aliens, Predators, and the like. With this incredible forum and all it's superbly creative members' help, I can further my own endeavors past historical armor to include replicas from my favorite movies, TV shows and comic books. Thanks for having me!

Brian

Totally want to see the steps as you work on it! This might help:

cab94c465c248d646760bd49240f181c.jpg

This is the prop on display! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi!

My wife & I are designers, costumers and want to work on our prop building skills. We found this wonderful 4um looking for tips, examples & advice. Also we're huge sci-fi geeks! ;P

To start with, we are going to repaint a Disneyland bought DL-44 (Han Solo) blaster, fix the sound & add lights!

Our inspiration is a Battledroid Blaster I've had since 2000:

1cd4af46daf3805f47dce5cf9c26b015.jpg
3a5868c41378eb6d7f71f0ee6166b404.jpg

We are also to try to do the same to a non-fx Drearian Defender (Princess Leia)

As we proceed, we'll post our progress!

Yeah, I've seen that photo before. I haven't started the build yet; it will look similar to this one, but with fewer articulations on the fingers and a more bell-shaped cuff. I'm still sourcing gemstones, LEDs and electronics.

Yeah, I've seen that photo before. I haven't started the build yet; it will look similar to this one, but with fewer articulations on the fingers and a more bell-shaped cuff. I'm still sourcing gemstones, LEDs and electronics.

Well, eagerly looking forward to your build! :)

Hi All,

Rogue One reawakened the 1977 12-year-old in me and sent me down the rabbit hole of props and costumes. I found this site while researching the build for a rebel fleet trooper and a biker scout costume, with associated props. Very nice work here by a lot of very talented people!

I'm a professional astronomer (planetary scientist) by day and a hobbiest digital artist for fun. I've been a space artist for a number of years, but I walked out of the theater after the premiere of Avatar and knew that I just had to 'go digital'. That in turn led me to want to learn more VFX skills as well. Always something new to learn and I feel that same love for the details alive and well here as well...

Love reading about the builds and getting ideas. Some friends recommended I join up to get information and all of the knowledgeable individuals here have not disappointed. Thanks for having me.:cool

Hi there.
Just joined up. :)
Mainly signed because I'm looking for some info on SW DL44 blasters (NOT necessarily Han's particular blaster!), but I'm interested in all costuming and props.
Currently looking to knock something together for Celebration Orlando 2017.
Thanks all! :)

Hi all,

i visited the forum a few times over the past years and decided it is time to join.
My hobby roots lie in miniature gaming and scale modeling. I am working as a 3D Freelancer in Germany.
I'm hoping to find some nice ideas and maybe some assistance here.

Greetings from Hamburg

Hi all !

I was just a reader for some weeks and decided to join the community !
So I'm a 25 yo French fan of BTTF and Jurassic Park worlds since 15 years, I hope to share and discover some cools things here :)

Hello all!

I've been reading the foruns for a long time and now, I finally decided to subscribe.
I first found the forum while searching for iron man props a few years ago, while lloking for references to model it.
I'm from Brazil!

Nice to be part of this forum!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back