Hello folks!

I've been lurking for a long while and have only just recently accepted cosplay as my wallet-draining hobby.
Cosplays I've done: Lady Star-Lord, Jessica Jones, a Grounder from The 100. Thanks in part to some lurking here, I successfully built a Star-Lord helmet out of cardboard that's been very well received.
Planned: Jyn Erso, updated Lady Star-Lord, perhaps the brunette Zealot from Doctor Strange.
I am a big fan of the MCU, but also a fan of sci-fi and comics in general.
Oh, and I'm Canadian.

eh O
Daniel from Ireland here..joined a while back but not introduced my self..
looking forward to getting involved in a few builds
go raibh maith agaibh
daniel

Hi all

My name is Scott Anguish

I'm a huge fan of Aliens and I'm working my way through modeling a pulse rifle in Fusion360.

I've been fortunate to get some of the parts. Stock, vented shroud and barrel support, and the barrel. And the Remington mount

Thmpson has baby drawings of the M1A1 for the trigger assembly and receiver. But I'm stuck on the Spas parts (which seem unavailable. And the shrouds are 500$ for ABS vacu formed. Way out of my league.

I have obsessive compulsive disorder (seriously) so any mistake in size drives me nuts. The Spas parts were less that 100$ but can't find them. Closest I can com is buying a spas and destrous it.

Anyone able to help with super accurate measurements.

I have the 3D printers is be happy to help with.

Thanks

Scort

Hi, thanks for having me. Im Justin and I like making stuff. I like to work with foam and other stuff i can find. I also like to mould and cast things as well. I am a fan of sci-fi, anime, cartoons and good story telling. I just like art in general. Loving the neat stuff people have made already.
- Justin

Aloha!

My name is Iakona, and I collect prop replicas and replica toys. That's pretty much it, I'm not that particularly skilled with hands-on stuff.

Hi,

My name is Jeff and have recently joined as I have always been a huge star wars fan. My favorite character, like many others, is Vader. I purchased the MR ROTS helmet many years ago with the idea that I would eventually build a complete ROTS Vader mannequin in my movie memorabilia room. Based on most of what I have read, I probably would have had better luck had I started about 6 years ago as most of the Vader pros don't seem to frequent as much as they used to and a lot of the good parts are no longer made/sold.

I will probably be a casual member that pops on and off the site weekly to see what information I can find and of course pass on any information that I obtain. If there are any Vader pros (specifically ROTS), please let me know. Finding information particularly about that version is tough to come by.

Cheers.

Jeff

Hi-oh, My name is Rebecca.

Erm I've been involved in musical theatre since I was 12 and started cosplaying at 16. I have recently won a sewing machine so am planning to pick my game up cosplay wise.
Prior to the win I completed all costumes by hand.
The best way of describing myself is to say I have an interest in basically everything; and to relate myself to certain characters or stereotypes(9/10 of these were chosen by others).
So here goes;
INFP, Kaylee(Firefly), Sentinel Class (Star Wars), Hufflepuff (Hatstall), ADHD, Aries(sun, cap moon, virgo ascendant; if you wanna be technical) Engineering(Star Trek), Ginny (HP), Sheila (RVB), Ruby/Yang (RWBY), Fraiser (Stargate), Nine (Doctor Who), Dwarven Race (LotR), Diana / Harleen (WW), Sam Wilson (Marvel), Dean (Supernatural), Antihero, Mycroft (Sherlock), Chaladin (D&D), Azorius (MtG).

In short I am a fan of all types of fiction. I own a 1964 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, and a Kawasaki Z1300, with plans to do both up when possible. I have a preference for machine work and a love of collecting weaponry and knowledge about it. I have previously completed a Diploma in Justice Studies, as well as other qualifications on different topics.

Have at it!
TLDR: Many interests. Meme speak good. Like weapons. Costumes. Machines. Pop culture. Justice. Makes Tea good.

Last edited:
Hello! My name is Dallan.

I am just about to graduate college in virtual technology and design at the University of Idaho. I have started to move into the physical realm with my creations, so I am here now! I am pretty advanced with 3DS MAX and Zbrush, and have played around quite a bit with 3D Scanning and printing.

Here is a link to my digital portfolio if any of you are interested. https://www.artstation.com/artist/dallanpickard

HI friends, my name is Marco, 27 years old and from Germany.

I´m a big fan of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Franchise since I was a kid and therefore searching for props of these games. -lightsaber hilts & blasters

So if anyone of you can give me information on where to get/buy props of this franchise please contact me :)

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi! My nane is Mirko, i'm from Italy, Studying Veterinary and in spate time I'm a Props Maker!
I joined this forum to search useful help for building a Star Wars Shoretrooper Armour.
All the kits i found online were too expensive for my wallet so i though "Let's make a Low Cost one!".
I think i'm going to start a new related thread as soon as i have some spare time!
Bye!!!

Hello

I have been lurking around on all the prop forums reading and learning and gathering a plethora of information to start my own prop builds of some
of the famous props from my childhood. I first started to acquire parts for a ANH Graflex build with a 2.0 kit. Then I couldn't handle it and ended up getting the Romans Prop Graflex replica flash. While waiting on that I built my son a TCSS saber that we put together using their saber builder page. Its got a Nano Biscotti in it so he loves the lights and sound. Heck he slept with it the first night it was fully put together LOL. We are currently weathering it, he wants it all black with a leather wrapped hilt. So while I do that and wait on the Graflex parts to come in I started a Denix ANH DL-44 solo blaster. I have the Denix and just received the email that my Dark Energies Kit has shipped. So I am currently reading and searching to find a parts list for the lights and sound install on that using a Blaster Core from TCSS. But I haven't been able to find any build logs that list what switches and battery and charge plugs are best to use? I will be following Machinimax Productions build video on you tube. I also picked up a 3D printed E-11 blaster from Master Blaster on ebay along with his light and sound kit.

so you can see I have some projects in the works but they are slowly getting completed.
Oh right I almost forgot I also have about 90% of al aluminum R2 unit from Astromech.com that actually where all this started a year ago and now the hook is set deep and my childhood dreams are coming to reality. I just wish I wasn't a bigger guy then I would have a Storm Trooper suit also. I have decided though that this May I will pick one up from Anovos.

thanks for reading and if you feel like helping with the DL-44 parts list feel free if not I will be searching and thanks for having me.

Bob

Hi names Michael from Australia, Just a fellow who's wants to one day build his own costume, I discovered The RPF when watching adam savage 'Tested' han solo build.
Stuff I like are Power Rangers, Tokusatsu, Garo, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Spawn.

So yeah thanks for reading.

Hey all, I'm new to the site. Hailing from Oregon. Big fan of Fringe, Star Wars, futuristic movies, sci-fis in general, and dystopias.

Hello all,

My name is Daniel and I'm currently a 27-year-old counseling student in Lincoln, Nebraska. I am a huge fan of sci-fi and horror movies with my main points of interest being Star Wars, Aliens, Predator, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Back to the Future, Resident Evil, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, and Terminator. I am an avid collector of memorabilia from these franchises. My collection mainly consists of figures but I have a few prop replicas (e.g., Freddy glove replicas) and am hoping to acquire more and maybe even learn how to make some of my own. I also looking forward to doing cosplays and hope to be able to use this forum as a useful resource in that regard. I have heard about this forum a few times before but have now decided to join in order to find some more info about the ANH Darth Vader helmet and how one goes about acquiring a decent replica. I look forward to getting to know this community better and meet some cool folks. Take care!

Greetings everyone! My first name's Jose, but I prefer to be called by my middle name, Anthony. Coming from Miami, I've been a long-time lurker on the Vader helmet forums on here as well as the Prop Den. While I myself haven't crafted any costumes or armor yet, I plan to in the near future. Decided to finally make an account because you guys were so helpful in advice to stay away from certain sellers and helmets, due to either being re-casters or just rip-off artists. I've only recently begun to really get into the details of the armor and outfits of Star Wars characters and weapons, such as the various OT lightsabers, blasters, Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, and of course, Vader, mostly because of this site and Prop Den. It all started with examining the ANH Vader helmet, and quite a few of you guys will know how that turns out, haha. I've wanted a Vader helmet to display in my home for quite some while, and while I considered the eFx ANH DARTH VADER HELMET - PRECISION CRAFTED REPLICA SPECIAL EDITION, I took a look at the work of CSMacLaren, Bookface, and Gino, Jedi Masters when it comes to Vader helmets. Anyways, I'm glad I finally made an account on here and Prop Den, and I look forward to finally being able to acquire that one Vader helmet I need as well as get to know the members of the community better!

Starlette here, I'm trying my best to make a kylo ren costume for my husband. I'm not so nerdy but love the joy it brings to him.

I have decided to join him in his cosplay this time around for comic con in birmingham. Hoping to have his kylo and my maz completed by then.

Hi folks I have just found thi forum so I joined up. I am really looking forward to learning from you guys about all the prop work.
Anyway just a short message to say hi to everyone.

Hi folks, I've been lurking on the forum for sometime and finally decided to join. I went to a Comic con last year and became obsessed. I plan to start trying to make some props soon. I love all things horror and sci-fi. 70-80s slashers are my favorite. Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Leather face etc. Look forward to seeing all the incredible creations from the members here.

Hello my name is Coleman and I'm new. I came across yalls group while looking for arc trooper kits. Found out that there is someone who makes those kits in the group. A Kev I believe, so if you know how to get me there or in contact with him that would be great. Thanks and this'll be fun to explore.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back