Good day to you all!
I've dropped by the site a few times for inspiration and guidance for several Captain America builds, and finally completed my first comic book version of the hero. I've noticed that there aren't very many threads for building Cap's shield (or many shields at all for that matter) out of fiberglass, and thought I would share the little bit of experience I have from making my first shield in this fashion.

Looking forward to adding to the melting pot!

Hello!

I found this when searching for a captain america shield harness. I like most things marvel, but don't have much experience in making anything.

See you around,

Benzo

Hello, I have been looking at projects on this forum for years. Thought it's about time to post up and join up. Excited for SW Ep7
Below is my Jango and not shown are my TK and Tusken Raider.
NEXT big project I have wanting to do for YEARS is Bossk. Already finding it difficult to locate resource data. Nothing like a challenge.
Cheers !

. jango.jpg

Hello all,
Just joined the community. I was prompted to join when I saw a FB post about a about winning a Hyperfirm MG-34/DLT-19 Stormtrooper blaster rifle.
I am a member of the 501st Legion and this would look good with my ANH Hero Stormtrooper Armor. (I also have a Legion approved TIE Pilot).
My son troops with me at conventions sometimes, in a Gonk Droid we built together, he out grew his Jawa. My next project is in the mail, a Non-Disclosure Agreement was signed, so that’s all I'll say about that. Later I will be building a paint booth, to paint said project.
I will be actively searching this forum for anything Star Wars related, especially regarding the new movie, The Force Awakens.
See you out there.

Hello all. I'm new here. Name I'd Jordan. And you will most likely see me on anything Labeled Wonder Woman.....lol I'm obsessed. 4 tattoos of her, and several statues, figures, and collectibles. ::waves::

hello all,
my name is jake i have no talent for what every amazing person that i have seen on these forums, but i am inspired to become great. i am currently in the market for a 3d printer and would like to get printing as soon as i am aloud. i would also like to learn foam and casting any help pointing me in the right direction would be great. on items needed etc. thank you all to the many people of this site for the hard work they are doing in 3d design to whatever it may be. trust me u r the inspiration that gets is noobs to step up are game and hopefully 1 day become near as good as you all.thank
you all again

Evening RPF.

My name's Jeremy and I've decided it was time to go from lurking occasionally to getting involved. I went to an Art Magnet High School and did a fair bit of sculpting and a touch of mig welding then. I've also worked with tools and some light machinery since I was a kid but I know I've still got a lot to learn. Like a lot of people, I'm a solid Star Wars fan and would love to get my hands on a few more prop replicas and stuff from the films, but after some thought I figured it'd be way cooler to build them. And this seems like the best place to get help and learn how to do just that. So I'm excited to be here and pumped to get my feet wet!

Hello All,

I'm new to all of this and never knew therpf.com existed and now I love seeing peoples work. I myself love making my Halloween costumes and anything Star Wars, Marvel and DC. If anyone want to check out my stuff just add me as a friend. My next goal is to create a Kylo Ren costume.

Hello everyone! I'm new here and looking into building a replica of the 1967 Supernatural Impala. I've already found several useful threads about details, interior color of the car. Always open to advice from senior members!

Gerald

Hello there, freaks and geeks of all kinds!

My name is Nicholas Winstead and I'm a 16 year old special effects artist. I do illustration, sculpture, painting, molding, and all that jazz. I make/ apply prosthetics and create masks but I really love making characters instead of just makeups, so that usually jumps into the realm of costuming and prop making.

So if you would like, accompany me on my journey through the wonderful world world of latex, monster clay, and cooling fluid!

Website
:http://www.nawfxstudio.com
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/NAWFXStudio?fref=ts
Twitter:https://twitter.com/NAWfxStudio

Hello, I wanted to say hello again, it has been years since I have been a part of this post. Seems my old account got deleted so I am under new name now.

I am here because of last couple of years some of my customers talked me into doing Cosplay at the Star Trek conventions and seems I am now hooked on it. This year is Voyager 20th An so I came back to see if I can hook up with some people to help me through costume issues and see what else is going on.

Look forward to meeting new people and perhaps hooking up with some older friends. Good Hunting!

Hello All,

My name is Raydee and I am currently living in Paris -France.
I do like SCI-FI collectibles and replica props and all BTTF items.

I appreciate reading threads about people that are creating INCREDIBLE props (ie : the Nylon Gag Spaceship....), those are real ARTISTS.

Cheers,
Raydee

Hey all! My name is Toki and I come from NYC!

I'm cosplaying Max Rockatansky from Fury Road at Dragon Con and found this forum while searching for information on Max's accessories!

I wanted to join the amazing talent here and help whenever I can.

greetings, oopie-wan here! im into star wars big time. im very interested in this custom saber crafting game. and learning more about star wars. thanks for the the great info this forum has to offer. see ya.

I am a sucker for film gadgetry. I am also completely out of my depth when it come to replica prop making. The tips and tricks contained within have been invaluable to me in the past, and will continue to be in the future.

A vibrant, responsive community is all I could ever ask for, and is the reason I decided to join.

Howzit all?! Greetings from So. Cal. I've been peeking around the site for quite some time now. I first came to hear about it through Mr. Savage (due to being obsessed with watching builds on youtube). Glad I was able to join up as I begin my Anovos TK build this winter. I am currently researching glues and techniques for my doopydoos E-11 resin build. Any and all help or advice with this would be great! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back