Greetings all - new to the forums after much time as a very interested observer of cosplay. Now that I'm retired (from the first career) and working from home for the second, I reckon it might be time to dip my toe into the pool and see about getting some ideas, costumes, help, advice and support. Looking forward to seeing what's here.

Heyya
I'm a I found the RPF when I went looking for good techniques on how to weather costumes and props. I am looking forward to expanding my skill set and learning from everyone. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Hello everyone. I joined after a couple of years building customs for my kids for Halloween and school events. I found I really enjoy doing it and signed up here to learn new things and get better with tips and tricks from the people here.

Hi there RPF Community,

I found this website because of my recent obsession (yes I classify it as an obsession :p) with Spider-Man cosplays and comics. I've been a Spidey fan since the 90s animated series and have been in love with the character since then, and he's been my role model per say all my life. I just recently started reading Spider-Man comics little by little since I finally have my own money to spend and have been really immersed into all the different stories and universes.

On another note, I love to draw, I can draw pretty good if I do say so myself but I'm still improving. I mostly draw anime related stuff and superhero comics stuff too. I think I'll post a few of my drawings here and there but I'm not too fund of using the internet that much so don't be surprised if I don't post in a certain amount of time and suddenly post like 6 or 7 things out of the blue and then disappear. I look forward to seeing what this community has to offer and hope tp have fun doing it.

Hi RPF,
I'm new here. I've been learning about art, craft and textiles for 20 years, and creating replica props and costumes for 3. I've found that a lot of my creative skills have been transferable, which is great. I've been pushing myself to learn new things like garment design and construction, electronics and casting. So far there hasn't been any major failures, but as with anything, there's always room for improvement.

Atomic Ladies is actually four of us who work on projects together (pep is folded in super speed with 4 people) each focusing on the things we do best. Currently I'm pattern drafting the ultimate Fallout 3 Vault 101 Jumpsuit and obsessing over the Fallout 4 launch trailer. We like to do non costume projects too, like our Bioshock themed cookies, Rapture/Columbia tea dress and Die Hard Christmas tree.

Here's a photo of a Fallout 3 James costume we made for Pax AUS 2014 The pipboy has functional lights, sound and music the suit is two piece for bathroom breaks.
101_doc.jpg

Bioshock Cookies
bioshock_cookies.jpg

Columbia and Rapture tea dress - custom designed and printed fabric.
bioshock_01.jpg

Die Hard Christmas Tree - John McClane angel with detonators and bonds as decoration.
diehard_01.jpg

Nice to be here :D

Thought I should introduce myself as well considering I am going to spend some time on this forum gathering information. I am TanningLizard and I have a real interesting in figuring out how to make a good Iron Man costume. I tries with plastic sheets, but the fact that I only had scissors and the product was very hard to cut and bend, and connects unless you drilled holes and connected pieces with nuts and bolts. I gave up after finding out about foam. It seems way easier to work with and I can't wait to get to it.

Hello Everyone!

I'm Brandon and I'm basically new to the whole prop construction work. I joined in the hopes of learning from everyone here and hoping to expand my understanding of the work that goes into prop building. I have always been an admirer of cosplay and costumes and finally decided that it was time I tried my hand at it. Looking forward to all the experience I will gain from being here.

Hi folks. Just a quick introduction.
My name is Ben. I'm 33 and recently medically retired from my exciting career in the waste water industry (feel free to let loose with the poop jokes). Given my newly acquired free time I'm looking to diversify my skill set by getting into more varied model making and costume work. For the last 13 years or so I've been pretty heavily involved in the reenactment community, focusing particularly in costume tailoring, and a bit of combat. I've worked on costumes for a large number of periods from the viking age through to the 18th century. Now I'm looking at moving into more sci fi and fantasy stuff. I also have a love of model building, painting, kit bashing and re-sculpting which I came to through wargaming which I first got into when I was about ten.
Aside from that lot, I enjoy making random stuff (cigar box guitars, and rc flight stuff being pretty new but super fun ones.), and I spend most days working on one project or another.

So yeah. I look forward to seeing what folks are working on out there, and the inspiration that will no doubt provide.

Last edited:
Hi! My name is Kristy. I’m local to RI. I guess I’m semi-new to the cosplay community? I do various cosplays for conventions and such.

Some of my more popular costumes I’ve cosplayed include:

Aayla Secura
11058433_819074284841123_6768112549474182700_o.jpg

Andorian
away_mission_by_koifishasylum-d8tyekg.jpg

Mystique (from the comics)
mutant_by_koifishasylum-d8vjiax.jpg

Zatanna
zatanna_by_koifishasylum-d7izyqp.jpg

Harley Quinn Insurgency costume from Injustice: Gods Among Us
harley___free_comic_book_day_by_koifishasylum-d8sac2l.jpg

New 52 Harley Quinn
don_t_mess_with_us__by_koifishasylum-d8sdknr.jpg

Black Cat
caught__by_koifishasylum-d8qofcd.jpg

Current costumes I am in the process of making include:
- Amanda Conner’s Power Girl
tumblr_nlrhrgnea51qbibwjo1_1280.jpg

- Bo Katan from Star Wars Clone Wars
KatanNiteOwls-TL.png

- Classic Mystique
Mystique_X-Men204_p08.png

- Lady from Devil May Cry 4
large.jpg

Darth Talon
Darth_Talon_my_painting_by_cliford417.jpg

Other Projects I would like to complete before the year is over:
Dante’s sword from DMC4
tumblr_mla2gitrWR1rrjmgoo1_500.jpg

Red Zelda with sword and shield (a friend asked me to build this for him in time for RICC)
1268838238959637666link-zelda_red_mini-md.png

Um, random things about me…
- I don’t like to compete in cosplay competitions. When I go to a convention, I’m there to enjoy the convention and the people that are there. Not stand around waiting all day.
- I don’t drink alcohol. People tend to think that’s weird. Idk why lol
- But I do have a severe caffeine addiction.
- I have a little cosplay etsy shop where I sell various masks and such. It’s a stupid little side thing, but the comments people leave me make me smile. It's @ https://www.etsy.com/shop/KoiFishAsylum

It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I hope to learn lots ^^

Attachments

• harley_and_mister_j__by_koifishasylum-d8r7hxh.jpg
    harley_and_mister_j__by_koifishasylum-d8r7hxh.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 63
  • zatanna_by_koifishasylum-d7izyqp.jpg
    zatanna_by_koifishasylum-d7izyqp.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 58
  • tumblr_nlrhrgnea51qbibwjo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nlrhrgnea51qbibwjo1_500.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 51
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 49
  • tumblr_mla2gitrWR1rrjmgoo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mla2gitrWR1rrjmgoo1_1280.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 47
  • link-red-tunic-zelda-ocarina-of-time.jpg
    link-red-tunic-zelda-ocarina-of-time.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 53
Greetings and salutations!
New to the forum. I’m an avid movie fan and crafting geek. I’ve not done very much however here area few examples:
Some brass plates I etched and aged:
1012322_10201407725864342_915271392_n.jpg
A snake fang sculpted out of sculpy for a Harry Potter display I'm working on:
10356693_10204358824559965_2778949186709425310_n.jpg
A Harry Potter-esque broom I made for my wife:
10881540_10205592665925228_2343940655171319711_n.jpg
A sonic screwdriver wand I made for my wife:
10888452_10205592724006680_7026596339070826249_n.jpg10455108_10205592724886702_441079884276033323_n.jpg
I made the display stand (not the skull) with an interior light to light the crystal skull up:
10978627_10205966087380531_2552411511460693778_n.jpg
My latest project is making a wookie head sporran I can wear with my kilt to the new movie this December:
10344894_10206909795292639_6705922027921331027_n.jpg11140121_10206909563086834_6985669725469886925_n.jpg10934024_10206909832853578_8170141010785954706_n.jpg11209555_10206908384777377_3916126187360366415_n.jpg
So no direct prop replicas really. Just stuff 'inspired by'. It's my hope to create a steampunk Ghostbusters outfit in the future and perhaps a Boba Fett outfit to go with the sporran.

At any rate, thanks for having me.
Ethan Evans-Hilton

Hi!

I'm Summer, huge Star Wars fan and Commercial Diver. I found this site through Pinterest while looking at Stormtrooper helmet props. Can't wait to share my modeling adventures with you all. :)

Hey Everyone!

I've been lurking on this site for ages and finally decided to make it official. I've been building props only a short while now, but I'm excited to collaborate with all you fellow makers out there and grow my skill-set (and my workshop, let's be honest). I'm particularly interested in movie/television prop replicas and anything built from scratch. I'm looking forward to being part of this awesome community!

Hello

I've also been a lurker for quite a while. Finally started learning a little bit more on prop making and decided to sign up.

I'll probably have loads of questions and I look forward to seeing all of your awesome builds!

Hey there everyone, my name is Ben. I originally found this community about 8 years ago I think when I was active in the Brotherhood of the Bat. I've not really dabbled much in making props, but I do enjoy making and wearing costumes. My current obsession is making a new Spider-Man costume, because the one I have is a cheap one I found online from one of those Zentai sites.
Previous costumes include Batman, Nightwing, Buzz Lightyear (probably the most challenging and active project as it was from scratch), Two Face, and a by day I wear a regular guy costume which is pretty convincing.
I love the creativity and positive vibe found in these kinds of communities and though I might not be active too much here, I still look forward to it.

Hello everyone,
My name is Brian, currently I am studying Production Design for film and have over the past year or so gotten into model making and prop building. I hope to start posting the project(s) that I'm working on. That's all for now.

Hey people !
I'm Alex, a 19 years old french Graphic Designer student who really likes cosplays and making videos with awesome accessories.
Nice to meet you all !

Hello everyone!

My name is Taru and I'm an ambitious seamstress from Finland. I've been into cosplaying for a long time but made my first cosplay (Captain Haddock hahah) last year. Went to MCM Comic Con this May and loved it. I'm really good at sewing but I want to be better at crafting props etc.
So many talented people here, I hope I will learn something from you :)

hello everyone!
I'm liz, but I often go by the name Crazy-Stripee cosplay. I work for the quality department at the Lear corporation making car seats for jaguar. I have been making cosplays and props for just under a year now but there is so much I have to improve. my first cosplays was a half life/portal crossover that didn't work as well as i had hoped.
I hope that I will be able to learn from you all :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back