Hey guys, I'm Laura - I've been cosplaying at a laughably amateur level for like 15 years, currently working on Tasha's costume from the cover of the'Tasha's Cauldron of Everything' 5e D&D book. I've always been obsessed with paper props, especially journals and books, so my entire Tasha cosplay has been derailed by my attempts to make the Demonomicon of Iggwilv. Not content with just making a cover over a foam core or old encyclopedia, I'm putting together the insides using demonic content from past and present D&D books, so in theory any page it's opened at will have cool-looking demon info.

I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's coming on quite well... dreaming about demon lords is just an occupational hazard!
Can't wait to see the book!

Name's Will, I've come across this site in the past when I first started working with props and cosplay. Work theater gigs FT but never in either props or wardrobe. This is more of a hobby and hopefully attending cons or making my kids some cool costumes/props. Main focus is Star Wars but just enjoy the craft.

Hello all. i am Kat, an amateur and hobbyist maker from Hong Kong. Enjoy making replica of movie or book props, also into space / NASA stuff and hope i could make my own space suit costume one day.

Hi am Richard. I love making things. I have more hobbies and projects than I care to admit. Just a few are Cars, metal working of all kinds, wood working, computers, 3D printing, CNC machining, electronics, etc. I've been a maker long before I knew what that was. My grandkids couldn't finish all the projects I have. They say it's something to do with ADD, whatever that is. If it's shiny that must be my next project. I just started a HAL 9000 panel build. At this point all I have is a lens, but isn't it shiny.

20240124_145946 (1).jpg

Hello, Everyone; let me first say that this community is beyond what I believe it could be. I am new to this forum and would greatly appreciate some insider knowledge on navigating this site. I am a massive fan of movies and film, and all the details that make up so many of my beloved props. I have been an enormous fan of the science fiction genre, horror, Fantasy, and many others. I look forward to getting help from this community to have a theater room with conversation pieces that make up my collection. So, if you have any pointers to get me started, feel free to reach out.

Hello, Everyone; let me first say that this community is beyond what I believe it could be. I am new to this forum and would greatly appreciate some insider knowledge on navigating this site. I am a massive fan of movies and film, and all the details that make up so many of my beloved props. I have been an enormous fan of the science fiction genre, horror, Fantasy, and many others. I look forward to getting help from this community to have a theater room with conversation pieces that make up my collection. So, if you have any pointers to get me started, feel free to reach out.

Welcome!

If you're planning to make props, I would suggest you start very small, leveraging the skills you already have. Getting a couple of very small wins under one's belt can be very inspiring! And by small, I mean SMALL, like a business card or bullet, or a key, or something like that.

Or if you're looking to buy, I recommend you hang out in the Classifieds section, as there are new items there every day!

Spend some time searching the forums for your interests, and feel free to ask lots of questions. Favors don't come as quickly as answers, so please do expect to be doing most of the research work for yourself. That's half the fun!

Good luck!
Bill

Hi everybody! My name's Owen, He/Him(do people do that here?) Long time admirer, first time poster, I've been doing prop and costume building for years and am now studying tech theatre in college. I built my first proton pack when I was 13 out of cardboard foam core and a cake dome and I've been obsessed ever since. I'm currently working on a foam primaris marine costume to be a mascot for my 40k army
primaris progress.png
proton packs.png
rpf pfp.png
Laser musket.png

Hi everyone! I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I've been lurking on this site for several months now.

I'm mostly interested in behind the scenes info for the films, and I really appreciate all the work that's been done here to document all the miniatures and props from these movies.

Hello everyone!

I've been a Star Trek fan since it went into syndication (1973 in my town).
Followed up with UFO and Space:1999
Then Star Wars

I love finding things that could be used as Props or help relive the days of my youth.

Current possessions:
1) TOS communicator with the chipry sounds and blinking LEDs
2) Enterprise-D model kit (box opened, kit unassembled)
3) Space: 1999 Eagle and Hawk model kits (unassembled)
4) Vintage whiskey bottle - can be modded to match the Saurian Brandy Bottle from ST:TOS

I'm on the lookout for a replica of the dilithium crystal necklace that Elan of Troyus wore
(The only thing I've seen that seems close is one that Nancy Pelosi wore as Speaker of the House sometime in the 2010s, buy I can't find a photo of that one)

Hello to all! I have been collecting a lot of stuff over the years, but in the last few I have been collecting more movie props. Whether it be fan made or actual screen used I'm always looking to expand even though my house isn't that big LOL.
I'm mostly into terminator, Ghostbusters and Spider-Man stuff.
Big WWE fan as well.

Hello everyone! I'm new here; I found this forum searching for accurate Joker cards to display alongside the Two-Face coin I crafted. It's using The Long Halloween and Dark Victory for reference: Morgan Silver Dollar and a carved X. I carved and painted the X. My current project is trying to get a TOS communicator fully functional... hopefully I can find some assistance with that here. I'm an artist by trade, VFX for film and TV. Open for trading gfx for electronic help. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Hello everyone, I'm Shin, new here. I come from China. I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul, I'm a prop replica enthusiast. So far, for these two series, I've made Saul's ring, license plates from the show, the 'World's 2nd Best Lawyer' coffee mug, Zafiro's stopper, and so on.

Zafiro is still under production, so please forgive this rough prototype of mine. I'm currently concerned about the seal between the stopper's cork and the interface with the bottle, and I haven't found a good solution yet. These items are all tradable (I'm deeply looking into the trading methods within the community. I have my own eBay, but I'm not sure if I can post it here). In any case, I'm very excited to be here, and I regret not discovering this place earlier. I warmly welcome discussions about the series, movies, and prop collecting with me.

O1CN01u2O4XZ1n6pQF52TcS_!!673955041.jpg

DSC_7593.jpg

DSC_6295.JPG

DSC_6412.jpg

DSC_9480.JPG
DSC_9479.JPG

DSCF2288.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG
IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_5111.JPG

WechatIMG350.jpg
WechatIMG351.jpg
WechatIMG349.jpg

WechatIMG352.jpg
WechatIMG353.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back