New Luke ROTJ hero lightsaber model-Check out pics

Here we go
ROTJboxbuttons.jpg

I remember seeing a mess around the black buttons too, in the 90s Archives shots. Never noticed how crooked they are!
ROTJBoxArchives.jpg

So can someone make a drawing or something showing how that all goes together for the sliding card?

Trying to picture in my head, I guess there's styrene L rails painted grey, then brass L rails (possibly same exact size) set directly on top of the styrene L rails, and the card slides along the styrene rails?

I co

Dude-- that's in the book. It's what I posted! Hahahaa...

Dude-- that's in the book. It's what I posted! Hahahaa...
Just to clarify, thats the same scene, and these pictures are mere seconds apart. There is a millisecond when the box is tilted MUCH further towards the camera, and it's not in anything in the book or posted up there. We're talking like a tiny difference, but its just enough to see the edges of the buttons, which don't show up in the others.

The Guide
Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 8.26.07 PM.png

The other one
Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 8.25.51 PM.png

Is the plate there too?! Guys I see a light pixel in the far corner - is that the gap between the box and the plate with triangle LEDs? It's just under the far Brass rail corner, dead center.
Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 8.40.56 PM.png

I also edited the other one I posted, doesn't look like it helped.
ROTJboxbuttons.jpg

Last edited:
I think the styrene is shaped like a T, with the stem of the T pointing into the center. |- -| with the card laying on the upper part and the box beneath

I do think the buttons were there, you can barely see them. Does that mean the plate with the triangular lights was an add on do y'all think?
Thanks for that explanation! I had kinda started to figure it out, and you confirmed it for me.

I'm still trying to draw it up in my head, though. Guess I should sit down at Tinkercad for a minute.

So, were the inside corners of the box squared? Is there a shot that shows us? I don't remember.

So, were the inside corners of the box squared? Is there a shot that shows us? I don't remember.

This is the only full shot I know of. I do see rounded corners, but I also see a thin wall, maybe the bottom of the box is thick and has a routed out center?
ROTJboxinside.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.44.22 PM.png

I’ve never seen that one before!!
Ya know, looking at the pics that I have of the Hero, it would appear that the apparent distortion may have been caused by the rails coming loose from the box at some point. On the button/triangle LED side it looks like the rail has pulled away from the box towards the front (see how it doesn't line up with the front corner of the box?) and on the opposite side it looks like the rail has pulled up towards the front.

Hero box 01.jpg
Hero box 02.jpg
Hero box 04.jpg
Hero box 05.jpg

God I've always hated those buttons.

But yeah, that thing is a mess. Glue and styrene don't last forever!

So, yeah I threw this together over the last couple hours. Went ahead and printed a couple proto T rails and cut some angle brass from C channel.

It's an old Rylo hilt I've had for years and years.

Also did the ISYHCANL setup for a sec earlier. That was pretty straightforward.
0106190101.jpg
0106190102.jpg
0106190102a.jpg
0106190102b.jpg
0106190103.jpg
0105191959.jpg
0105191959a.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back