New Luke ROTJ hero lightsaber model-Check out pics

I’ll let others comment, but isn’t it the same box, just modified? You can see the angled cuts on the bottom in the screenshots. The gray parts were added to allow the card to slide, brass rails used to sit more flush against sides and the circuit board.

Attachments

• 6B6DEDD1-B0D1-4CAB-B820-FEB14B11CDAF.png
    6B6DEDD1-B0D1-4CAB-B820-FEB14B11CDAF.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 177
  • 18979E6C-871B-4633-8984-56EB3FEFFD8D.jpeg
    18979E6C-871B-4633-8984-56EB3FEFFD8D.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 150
  • 3982DC41-0069-4E1B-85C1-5D2DD657E42A.jpeg
    3982DC41-0069-4E1B-85C1-5D2DD657E42A.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 149
I’ll let others comment, but isn’t it the same box, just modified? You can see the angled cuts on the bottom in the screenshots. The gray parts were added to allow the card to slide, brass rails used to sit more flush against sides and the circuit board.

Probably the same box. But I just prefer the flush rails of the ISYHCANL. The cave build / hero as it is today looks too clunky to me.

Some replicas have the box with the rails as one piece. I think what some (myself included) want is for the box to be smooth.

i did some close inspection once on these screenshots and you can (barely) see a shadow under the rails. To me, this shows that the rails are plain old brass right angle stock (like the stuff for train hobbyists in the red blister packs) and it's like 1/16 or 1/32 thin, very thin. I think they laid a cut extension card onto the box and finished off the edges by covering it with these thin pieces of brass.

Looking at vadermania s photo it appears the rails and card are VERY tarnished after filming.

This is the type of board I think they used, except with gold leads
Vector Extender Board Part Number # 3690-1

P.S. You can also see the black buttons at the farthest angle Vader turns the saber.

This is a terrible version I pulled from Google, I can't seem to find a better version, check out those buttons!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 12.14.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 12.14.19 PM.png
    785.9 KB · Views: 129
i did some close inspection once on these screenshots and you can (barely) see a shadow under the rails. To me, this shows that the rails are plain old brass right angle stock (like the stuff for train hobbyists in the red blister packs) and it's like 1/16 or 1/32 thin, very thin. I think they laid a cut extension card onto the box and finished off the edges by covering it with these thin pieces of brass.

That’s what it looked like to me, too. I got 1/8” brass angle for my last build.

Same saber, most likely the same box, rails, and card. Box was modified after the ISYHCANL scene was shot to include the gray spacer under the brass rails and card. The color difference is likely just age related.

Yeah, i'd buy those spacers to give the card more clearance on the side to slide being the only difference.

So can someone make a drawing or something showing how that all goes together for the sliding card?

Trying to picture in my head, I guess there's styrene L rails painted grey, then brass L rails (possibly same exact size) set directly on top of the styrene L rails, and the card slides along the styrene rails?

I think the styrene is shaped like a T, with the stem of the T pointing into the center. |- -| with the card laying on the upper part and the box beneath

I do think the buttons were there, you can barely see them. Does that mean the plate with the triangular lights was an add on do y'all think?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back