Help With Luke ROTJ V2 Build

Superpunkduck

I recently got my hands on a Starkiller/Halliwax DS2V2. I'm looking for some help with the emitter before I start heating this up and doing irreparable damage do it.
Forgive me if this information is already in another post... I've scoured the Halliwax V2 Build Guide and a few other threads... and spent hours googling... i just cant seem to find the answer.

1. The Halliwax Build Guide shows 5 Emitter Dents... But i cant seem to find how these should be clocked relative to the grub screws and rod notch... I really dont want to mess this up... everything else is somewhat reversible if i make a mistake... but this could ruin it if i don't do it right. Heres my ****** attempt of a diagram of what I was able to conjure up from the Mark Hamill Video.... How far off am I?
1704749623401.png

2. How do you recommend adding the "Scorch Mark" on the emitter? Is it just paint? Weathering powder? Aluminum Black?

3. After Painting the ring section, how to do you recommend clearing the paint off of the rings? Should they be masked ahead of time? Sanded? Wiped when wet?

Thanks in advance for any Advice... And once again I apologize if this info is already out there... I find it incredibly difficult to get parse through all the old threads.

Congrats, that’s a great kit.
Keep in mind that the notched rod can be rotated. I would recommend making the emitter rotate which is what I’ve done to several of the DS2 V2’s I’ve done up. It is a tad tricky to do properly. It’s also more accurate. I also would recommend getting your hands on the few images Brandon has released of his real prop. It’s always best to get your information from the source.
You definitely want to use aluminum black to lighty give your prop a vintage look. After applying and it’s still wet wipe most of it off. This will give the aluminum a soft gray look.
After the stencils are on mask everything that shouldn’t be painted. I painted all the rings black and then lightly sanded off the rings leaving the valleys black.
Danny Halliwax has the best stencil tutorials on YouTube when your first learning to apply them. Don’t stress out and it’s not a bad idea to buy two stencil kits just incase.

Last edited:
Congrats, that’s a great kit.
Keep in mind that the notched rod can be rotated. I would recommend making the emitter rotate which is what I’ve done to several of the DS2 V2’s I’ve done up. It is a tad tricky to do properly. It’s also more accurate. I also would recommend getting your hands on the few images Brandon has released of his real prop. It’s always best to get your information from the source.
You definitely want to use aluminum black to lighty give your prop a vintage look. After applying and it’s still wet wipe most of it off. This will give the aluminum a soft gray look.
After the stencils are on mask everything that shouldn’t be painted. I painted all the rings black and then lightly sanded off the rings leaving the valleys black.
Danny Halliwax has the best stencil tutorials on YouTube when your first learning to apply them. Don’t stress out and it’s not a bad idea to buy two stencil kits just incase.
Thanks... It's been my plan to follow halliwax's tutorial exactly including the A14 dips and stencils. I will likely Remove the neck threads and make the emitter spin, though I might do that after the fact.

Any idea where to find those Photos from Brandon?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back