New Luke ROTJ hero lightsaber model-Check out pics

Problem is that the ISYHCANL close up shot was just a pick up shot, so I think trying to get into the why it was done that way might be lost in the sands of time, beyond the fact they mocked it up quickly just for the shot.

Then when they had more time to figure it out for the cave scene, they could make the box more detailed for the inner workings to be shown.
[/QUOTE
Problem is that the ISYHCANL close up shot was just a pick up shot, so I think trying to get into the why it was done that way might be lost in the sands of time, beyond the fact they mocked it up quickly just for the shot.

Then when they had more time to figure it out for the cave scene, they could make the box more detailed for the inner workings to be shown.
I see what you mean. Problem for me is, and this is subjective of course, I prefer the look of the ISYHCANL set up. I think it looks a lot tidier and slick. Also, for me, this is how I picture Luke's second saber. Even though it's barely seen in the movie. It's that close up shot that I remember from growing up. I didn't know about the cave scene until much later. I'm tempted to build an ISUHCANL but with the LED plate (knowing full well that it probably wasn't there). The only thing is it couldn't really be called one or the other. Maybe it's best to leave them off entirely? *Sigh*

I see what you mean. Problem for me is, and this is subjective of course, I prefer the look of the ISYHCANL set up. I think it looks a lot tidier and slick. Also, for me, this is how I picture Luke's second saber. Even though it's barely seen in the movie. It's that close up shot that I remember from growing up. I didn't know about the cave scene until much later. I'm tempted to build an ISUHCANL but with the LED plate (knowing full well that it probably wasn't there). The only thing is it couldn't really be called one or the other. Maybe it's best to leave them off entirely? *Sigh*

Yeah it's like the ANH Graflex, with some details potentially being impossible to ever know (unless pictures turn up like they tend to do years later), so in the end it comes down to personal choice, as to which way you want to go

The best we can do is draw inferences based on their choices on other props, or time before filming, or resources they may have had. This one is a mystery to me too. I guess the question remains - did they mill-out a new section of the box, install electronics, etc. for the pick-up shot or were they already there, and only a couple things were added for the shot?

The best we can do is draw inferences based on their choices on other props, or time before filming, or resources they may have had. This one is a mystery to me too. I guess the question remains - did they mill-out a new section of the box, install electronics, etc. for the pick-up shot or were they already there, and only a couple things were added for the shot?

I personally think they milled it out afterwards, after deciding what exactly they wanted to do with the cave scene. I can't base that off any evidence, just what I feel is more likely

Yeah it's like the ANH Graflex, with some details potentially being impossible to ever know (unless pictures turn up like they tend to do years later), so in the end it comes down to personal choice, as to which way you want to go
You're right. We can never really know for sure; there's a lot we can assume as pretty safe bets though. I think Halliwax might have pointed out, if the LED plate was there, it doesn't make sense that they didn't have that side pointing towards the camera. Personally, I think I'm going to go down the neater rails (ISYHCANL) route myself, but *with* the LED plate (on the basis that, even though I think it wasn't present, I've seen it now, and know it should be there). At least with the plate, it's easy enough to add the additional rails as it would be the only difference.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back