New here! Need help on Spider-man cosplay.

joedonven

Hi there! I'm a brand new bouncing baby boy to this whole cosplay thing. I want to get into though as I've been to 3 conventions and I'm always so jealous of everyone's awesome costumes :( I want my own and I would like to start with a basic spider-man comic look. based on either steeve ditko's or humberto ramos's amazing spider-man artwork. I know for the lenses I'll probably go to Tjack here. I'm thinking of using some kung fu shoes or slip on vans (something with a flat sole) and then painting the soles red with tire paint. the actual suit I'm still deciding on. I like orhadar's print but the web lines are a little week. I was thinking of running a sharpie down them maybe. I don't want to use the puffy paint because I'm going for more of a 2D look I guess. Like I just stepped out of a panel of Spider-verse ya'know? Anyway, I was also thinking of just going for actual latex rather than sub-dye, since the dye fades as the lycra stretches. But the prints all have the red and blue together. is there anyway I can separate them and have one printed on blue lycra and the other printed on red. I just cant really freehand the web lines as I'm not the greatest artist and me being in the army I just don't have that kind of time. Any ideas? I am grateful and eager to learn from you master cosplayers out there :D

I purchased 2 full body lycra suits, then sewed them and added puffy paint. The solid color lycra doesn't fade when stretched, so it's exactly how I wanted it. I prefered puffy paint, but you're certainly free to use whatever method you want.

IMG_20140725_182304.jpg

An easy way to do it would be to get this zentai from herostime.com:
Navy-Blue-Red-Spider-man-Design-Zentai-Fullbody-Suit-SC048-600x800.jpg
Depending on how you want it to look it might not fit your needs however. I'm not a big fan of dye sub suits myself because of the fading. Hope you'll figure something out man!

Thanks guys! I'm still doing as much research as possible before I start my build. it will be quite the project. i'm thinking of making a 7 piece suit

Thanks guys! I'm still doing as much research as possible before I start my build. it will be quite the project. i'm thinking of making a 7 piece suit
That's awesome, you don't see seven piece suits that often, even though that's how the suit was always made in the comics. If you feel like drawing your own weblines, my friend purchased a custom 7-piece plain red and blue lycra spidey suit from zentaizone. They made it after his description and it looks awesome. I can ask him for some pics if you'd like to see it?

That's awesome, you don't see seven piece suits that often, even though that's how the suit was always made in the comics. If you feel like drawing your own weblines, my friend purchased a custom 7-piece plain red and blue lycra spidey suit from zentaizone. They made it after his description and it looks awesome. I can ask him for some pics if you'd like to see it?

That would be awesome if you could post some pics of it! Any ideas will help bunch :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back