New Fallout 3 Props

Love the nuka cola xD You know they still sell the glass bottle kinds of soda.

Yeah, but the scale is wrong...I could buy some glass bottles the right shape and size with cola still in them, but because they are vintage, they are too expensive LOL

I do have some bottles that are correct in shape and size with pop still in them for the other drinks, but I have to finish building my shop before I can get back to work LOL

I also have 2 pipboy 3000's in the works...one with GPS and the other with full GPS/PDA capabilities...

That is really cool! Post some pics when there done. Also are you just using a cast or kit to make the pipboy base?

I got one resin cast I found online, and another was cold aluminum cast...I don't think I will get into the casting, there are enough resources for that, but I hope to make my pipboys HERO versions :D

hey are they for sale i would really like to buy one

As soon as I finish them I will be selling them to fund my bigger projects, but they will not be done for a while though because I just purchased a new house, and I am still building my workshop. But I will keep posting on here and keep everyone up to date.

I will also be willing to do some trades on here as well :D

I luvz me sum props :p

...but they will not be done for a while though because I just purchased a new house, and I am still building my workshop.

And that is exactly the same thing that is delaying my prop building. What electronics are you going to use to make the pipboy functional? I thought about trying to hack a TomTom or other touch screen GPS and put NetBSD on it (or something) but my programming skills aren't that hot. Right now I've got in my pipboy is a 3.5 inch digital photoframe (which is fine in all honesty since I can't fit it on my arm). Version 2 will hopefully be a lot better :cool

And that is exactly the same thing that is delaying my prop building. What electronics are you going to use to make the pipboy functional? I thought about trying to hack a TomTom or other touch screen GPS and put NetBSD on it (or something) but my programming skills aren't that hot. Right now I've got in my pipboy is a 3.5 inch digital photoframe (which is fine in all honesty since I can't fit it on my arm). Version 2 will hopefully be a lot better :cool

Yeah, I am making two versions.

Version 1 is going to have a TomTom One I hacked and put some cool images and text on, and I also recolored all the map so it looks like the Pipboy's GPS in the game. I am going to tear the TomTom apart so I can fit the electronics in the way I want. I will have a USB connector for charging and updating the unit. I may add a few lights and stuff to it as well.

Version 2 I am also working on, I am using a modified Pharos 535+ PDA that I completely themed, and installed TomTom on. This version will be a more complete Pipboy because it will have a lot of function with the Pharos in it. I also themed the media player in the PDA and it has a bunch of the Fallout-Pipboy videos on it as well as a "How to survive a zombie invasion" video as well LOL

The move and vuilding the new shop has really set me back on my prop making and droid building (I still have my Wall-E to finish building) but such is the life of a Jawa...always building something LOL

Nice! Do you have pics of the hacked Pharos? And would you be willing to share how you did it?

Sure, it really wasn't that hard, there are tons of sites on the net that tell you how to mod it. It runs the Windows Mobile 5, so you essentially create a theme for it. It's far from perfect, and not "exactly" the way I want it, but it's still nice.

I will try to take some pics and post today...

My plans are to keep experimenting with different devices until I find the one that looks and works the way I want it to :D I think the next device I work with may be an Iphone, but I'm not sure...I do like the fact that pharos PDA's and TomTom devices do not require a paid service to operate.

Here are some pics of the pharos and the tomtom one...

the pics aren't that great because its hard to take a picture of an LCD screen LOL but you get the idea anyway.

Cool! Thanks!

I thought about using a smartphone (or other smart device) to run a custom pipboy flash app. My flash coding is now extremely rusty and I only took one class on it. I'm sure a flash app would kill battery life though, especially with the mp3 streaming :/

Cool! Thanks!

I thought about using a smartphone (or other smart device) to run a custom pipboy flash app. My flash coding is now extremely rusty and I only took one class on it. I'm sure a flash app would kill battery life though, especially with the mp3 streaming :/

I get pretty good bat time with my Pharos, but nothing like I would like. My first Pipboy is just going to have the tomtom one, and the bat in that lasts quite a while. Not sure how long, I've never measured. I may replace the start up screen "please wait" with the pipboy screen. But there wont be much function other than the GPS with it. I will add a few dummy lights and stuff to greeblie it out though.

Once I finish that one, I will place the Phaors in the second one. Tweak the functions and stuff. Plus I may be tearing it apart to fit it in, so I may be able to replace the battery with a bigger, longer lasting one as well.

I purchased the extended GPS antenna, which I want to build the glove part of the Pipboy that is usually over looked, and place the antenna on the backhand of the glove, running the cable up to the pipboy. I think it will look good when I'm done.

Finished my Sunset 6-Pack prop today...still have to label the bottles though. I have to take a break from my fallout props and finish my john marston costume...I also have another Jawa Ion Blaster int he works as well...toooo many props.....:behave

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back