New BMF coming

My progress on the maintenance bays:
pits%20on%20the%20model_zpso8zegvsb.jpg

I finally have an update.

I have managed to get access to a 3D printer and print the maintenance pits I have designed.
This is the end result. The are printed in SLA resin with 50 micron resolution.

I am floored. I think I have not seen another print with that quality. Ho-ly cow ... and there I was worrying about including small details in a print. So is there any preview software that simulates the various resolutions?

I am floored. I think I have not seen another print with that quality. Ho-ly cow ... and there I was worrying about including small details in a print. So is there any preview software that simulates the various resolutions?

Thank you. I don't think there is one... These are printed with 50 micron resolution, but I could go as low as 25 micron. To print this set it already takes 10 hours, so with 25 micron it will take twice more :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, John. I am thinking about it, actually just created interest thread in the project runs, but not for all of the walls, just for the two that came already molded and are not screen accurate.

Beautiful job Gus,......outstanding.......Ok sidewalls next

J

Gus, it appears that you are continuing to develop the models - the project thread you have going - will orders be updated to the more detailed prints? Also, did you ever manage to find enough reference for the bottom 4 mandible pits to model those, and if so, will you be offering them at some point as well? Cheers!

Gus, it appears that you are continuing to develop the models - the project thread you have going - will orders be updated to the more detailed prints? Also, did you ever manage to find enough reference for the bottom 4 mandible pits to model those, and if so, will you be offering them at some point as well? Cheers!

I am not changing the maintenance bays, they are pretty much done. I only do minor tweaking to ensure quality prints. I might do the bottom pits in the future... Right now I am actually working on a a set of grilles and fans:

grilles01_zps3sjm2vqk.jpg

Trying to find the optimal size and spacing.

Couple updates. Engine lights and headlights installedimage.jpgimage.jpg
hidden Switches under docking ring image.jpg
I want to keep it all battery powered/ self contained.
im torn on the cockpit I was originally just gonna do a black window insert but I've been toying with a cockpit build thinking decals with possible lights but still working that out.
First mockup using Ozzys graphics rescaled image.jpgimage.jpg
And spent sometime today rebuilding an ESB console image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Just the basics done I feel good about scale and I think this will be the final base to work with.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back