New Batsuit Project WIP (Pic Heavy)

OH MY GOD.

I'm so excited!!! :D

I'll be posting the images of all the other components of the suit tomorrow hopefully, I still don't actually have photos so I'll need to take them tonight.

This suit is absolutely perfect in every way...

ARGH! I'm so excited! :D :D :D

OH MY GOD.

I'm so excited!!! :D

I'll be posting the images of all the other components of the suit tomorrow hopefully, I still don't actually have photos so I'll need to take them tonight.

This suit is absolutely perfect in every way...

ARGH! I'm so excited! :D :D :D

Haha! Yeah, I can't wait to see the rest of the pieces and how it all looks together. Keep the thread going all the way through!

OK, So I took some photos last night of the other components of the batsuit that I'll be wearing with Sean's amazing suit:

I've got two cowls, Coofunkurly's Origins cowl and TheRocketeer's Frank Miller cowl, both of which are ridiculously awesome.

Origins Cowl:

Origins Cowl 01.JPGOrigins Cowl 02.JPGOrigins Cowl Back View.JPG

Frank Miller Cowl:

Frank Miller Cowl 01.JPGFrank Miller Cowl 02.JPGFrank Miller Cowl Back View.JPG

Please excuse the completely unrelated shirt haha...

Then we have Coofunkurly's amazing Origins Gauntlets:

Origins Gauntlets.JPG

I also made some custom gauntlets but haven't completely finished the other one yet, so here's the one that's finished:

Gauntlet painted.JPG

And I've got these kinda generic looking gloves:

Gloves.JPG

I'll be upgrading those soon but for now they don't look too bad.

Then I've got Coofunkurly's Origins Belt:

Origins Belt Close Up.JPG

I've also got a generic fabric belt:

Fabric Belt.JPG

And these boots:

Boots.JPG

Then I got this cape from eBay:

Cape.JPG

So there we go, I've got a few options to swap between which I really like, I can have different combinations of cowl and belt and gauntlets (once I've finished mine). I'll also be making my own cape from scratch quite soon but that might be a while so don't hold your breath :p

Anyway, once Sean's amazing suit arrives I'll be taking photos of the whole thing plus different combinations using these components.

Thanks for reading, I can't wait to update everyone with photos of the full suit! :D

Last edited:
OK, So I took some photos last night of the other components of the batsuit that I'll be wearing with Sean's amazing suit:

I've got two cowls, Coofunkurly's Origins cowl and TheRocketeer's Frank Miller cowl, both of which are ridiculously awesome.

Origins Cowl:

View attachment 479813View attachment 479814View attachment 479815

Frank Miller Cowl:

View attachment 479817View attachment 479818View attachment 479819

Please excuse the completely unrelated shirt haha...

Then we have Coofunkurly's amazing Origins Gauntlets:

View attachment 479820

I also made some custom gauntlets but haven't completely finished the other one yet, so here's the one that's finished:

View attachment 479831

And I've got these kinda generic looking gloves:

View attachment 479823

I'll be upgrading those soon but for now they don't look too bad.

Then I've got Coofunkurly's Origins Belt:

View attachment 479824View attachment 479825

I've also got a generic fabric belt:

View attachment 479828

And these boots:

View attachment 479829

Then I got this cape from eBay:

View attachment 479830

So there we go, I've got a few options to swap between which I really like, I can have different combinations of cowl and belt and gauntlets (once I've finished mine). I'll also be making my own cape from scratch quite soon but that might be a while so don't hold your breath :p

Anyway, once Sean's amazing suit arrives I'll be taking photos of the whole thing plus different combinations using these components.

Thanks for reading, I can't wait to update everyone with photos of the full suit! :D

Unfortunately your attachments are invalid..

Hehe, I love your enthusiasm Judge Spartan, I feel exactly the same way :D

And the estimated arrival for Sean's suit is much faster than I assumed it would be, it should hopefully be here on the 26th, and I'll post photos as soon as I can after that.

IT'S SO CLOSE!

Good stuff going on here! Cheers man, looking forward to seeing it all together and I hope you have an awesome time at your event.

- - - Updated - - -

Good stuff going on here! Cheers man, looking forward to seeing it all together and I hope you have an awesome time at your event.

I'm tracking the suit, and it's in Sydney right now! :O :D

I'm so damn excited, I thought it would feel like forever waiting for it to arrive, but it's actually been really quick, it'll be here within the next day or two!!! :O

Subscribed! Such an awesome suit. I'd like to know what your mobility will be like.

I'll let you know, but in the meantime Sean would be better able to accurately comment on the mobility. He's done an amazing job of incorporating the spandex into the suit so that it looks great but is also in key areas of movement, elbows and knees and hip joints and such. I think I'll be able to move really well, I think the only area I'll have a bit of trouble in is raising my arms directly up, but we couldn't have had the shoulders look so awesome without sacrificing a bit of mobility, and I don't plan on doing cartwheels in the suit anyway :p And that's just speculation, I won't know until I've actually put the suit on.

I'll let you know, but in the meantime Sean would be better able to accurately comment on the mobility. He's done an amazing job of incorporating the spandex into the suit so that it looks great but is also in key areas of movement, elbows and knees and hip joints and such. I think I'll be able to move really well, I think the only area I'll have a bit of trouble in is raising my arms directly up, but we couldn't have had the shoulders look so awesome without sacrificing a bit of mobility, and I don't plan on doing cartwheels in the suit anyway :p And that's just speculation, I won't know until I've actually put the suit on.

The mobility should be very good. Since it's two separate pieces, there shouldn't be any restriction at the waist. The back across the shoulders is almost entirely stretch, so there's plenty of movement there and under the arms. The hips and knees should also be very flexible. While the costume is very "fitted", it shouldn't be overly tight - meaning that all of the shape is cut into the pattern, not reliant on being form fitted to the body. So, it should be easy to move and breathe in.

Originally, the top was going to be in two pieces - the torso was going to be one piece and the chest/shoulders/sleeves were going to be separate to give added range of motion around the arms and chest. This was to be similar to the Captain America costume I made late last year: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=224691

However, after thinking about it, we decided to kill that plan in favor of making it all one piece and have all the angles line up better. After all is said and done, though, I don't really think it's going to make much difference and it certainly will look a lot better.

I mean this in the most constructive possible way:

Your cape is going to bring down the overall look. You've invested in so many good parts, why not a cape to match? Capes can make or break a batsuit.

I mean this in the most constructive possible way:

Your cape is going to bring down the overall look. You've invested in so many good parts, why not a cape to match? Capes can make or break a batsuit.

I'm happy to take any constructive criticism, it's all good CosBlade!

And yeah you definitely have a point, I'm fully aware of the cape not being up to the same standard as Sean and Kev's work... I'll be making my own cape as soon as I can, and I'm definitely considering getting a decent one but for the moment it's a matter of financial feasibility, I won't be able to put too much money into it for a little while. I was going to get one of Kev's as he had one left in an open run but the timing was bad so I'll need to wait until either he starts selling them again or I have money to get one from someone else or I have the time/money to make my own...

But in the meantime, unfortunately I have no choice but to stick with this cape for the début of the costume at Supanova Sydney in a month or so.

Just out of curiosity, what cape or cape maker would you recommend?

I'm happy to take any constructive criticism, it's all good CosBlade!

And yeah you definitely have a point, I'm fully aware of the cape not being up to the same standard as Sean and Kev's work... I'll be making my own cape as soon as I can, and I'm definitely considering getting a decent one but for the moment it's a matter of financial feasibility, I won't be able to put too much money into it for a little while. I was going to get one of Kev's as he had one left in an open run but the timing was bad so I'll need to wait until either he starts selling them again or I have money to get one from someone else or I have the time/money to make my own...

But in the meantime, unfortunately I have no choice but to stick with this cape for the début of the costume at Supanova Sydney in a month or so.

Just out of curiosity, what cape or cape maker would you recommend?

Glad to help any way I can! I know how expensive a batsuit build can become! x_x

My two cents for your particular look is to go with a Begins/Dark Knight style cape. I think the parachute silk look will match your tactical vibe with the fabric of the suit, but also be pleasing alongside a urethane cowl. Capes on fabric suits can be tricky, and it all starts with picking the right material. Best of luck to ya!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back