New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

I get where you're coming from, but over 47 pages so many people have said the same thing over it comes off a bit like pestering.
No harm no foul though, I don't mean to come off as too much of a ***** ;)

I get where you're coming from, but over 47 pages so many people have said the same thing over it comes off a bit like pestering.
No harm no foul though, I don't mean to come off as too much of a ***** ;)

No I get what you're saying. I just thought this forum stopped with sonic mods and was posting ideas so I figured I'd throw one in.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

In my opinion, if TWC has other plans for the next couple of years, then future sonics produced by them will be far more exciting than how 'screen accurate' they are. Have a look at the ideas about Bluetooth use, an open sourced IR code database, and improved local storage. If TWC are focussing on other franchises for the next few years, expect a Capaldi sonic (if he hopefully stays as the doctor for a bit) which will BLOW OUR MINDS (and the people you use it in front of)

In my opinion, if TWC has other plans for the next couple of years, then future sonics produced by them will be far more exciting than how 'screen accurate' they are. Have a look at the ideas about Bluetooth use, an open sourced IR code database, and improved local storage. If TWC are focussing on other franchises for the next few years, expect a Capaldi sonic (if he hopefully stays as the doctor for a bit) which will BLOW OUR MINDS (and the people you use it in front of)

Im hoping capaldi ends up using the sonic that river got. I mean, she did say the doctor gave it to her but we haven't seen that yet. So maybe capaldi will use it?

Possibly - although a) I don't think it will suit Capaldi's character and b) the BBC are far too clever to miss out on another piece of new merchandise that will take in millions for them in profit.

Possibly - although a) I don't think it will suit Capaldi's character and b) the BBC are far too clever to miss out on another piece of new merchandise that will take in millions for them in profit.

True. But still, that'd be pretty cool. I mean we really didn't get to see much of it and you can't give capaldi smiths sonic. Matt smith kind of made that into his own sonic. As in he put all of his personality into it.

Agreed - smith's sonic has to stay as his sonic. To be honest, I don't like river's sonic much (I have the CO toy). It doesn't extend and is just plain boring. I can see Capaldi's being mainly black or mainly silver with a colour that flashes through the design of the body and it's the same colour as the tip (which I have no idea about but I hope it's blue). It will have an extended bit (much like tennant's) but it will he clear and the light will shine through by the column.

However with Moffat liking to give nods to the past, I can see a silver and red sonic (similar to pertwee's or baker's).

Anyways being from London, it's now 01:50 and I think I might turn in and dream about the next generation sonics. Happy 2014 to all!!

Last edited:
Also, Smith waved it around all the time and I got quite bored with it at the end. It would be good to see a new one which would be not as overused. (Still, I love the design).

While we're all guessing about Capaldi's sonic, I'd quite like it to be a bit smaller than Smith's, maybe closer to the 9th/10th? Oh, and no claws, please.

Some may be tired of the claws but I would love to see this sonic onscreen. Applause to whomever designed it.

Attachments

• unique_sonic_screwdriver_by_aureltristen-d6vweid.jpg
    unique_sonic_screwdriver_by_aureltristen-d6vweid.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 175
Yeah no Claws. 11's Sonic was my least favourate. I'm hoping they will go in for a Sonic that ties in with latest console. Ie dull Silver or grey metal and blue. I like the designs of little spoke things in the central rotam A new sonics a no brainer for the merchandise arm of the beeb!

For me, Matt smith a) had the worse sonic b) used it far too much and c) when he did use it never used it as well as Tennant.
I mean let's be honest, Tennant mastered his sonic, those poses (sonic to his lips and the right index finger down the right side of sonic while scanning) are now iconic. Smith's flicks and over zealous attitude to the sonic in every way ruined it (I mean what was that 'let's look at the column of my screwdriver after scanning' business????? Tennant didn't need to do that - when he scanned he just listened to how his sonic responded with different bleeps depending on whether he was hot or cold). I remember a time when with Tennant every time he used his sonic I was excited, with Smith it seemed wrong. The sonic's too big, and he looked like a big baby using it compared to Tennant.

Sorry, AlexBC, But Smith's sonic was already edging towards looking like a lightsaber, and what you posted looks straight out of he Old Republic.
The claws didn't do anything, they were just there to look cool. If you want to add anything extra to a sonic, then the idea from the 2005 concept art of 'glowing organic circuitry', which ended up being the blue strip on the 9/10 soinic, would be much better.

Whether or not the claws actually did do anything, I and many others still thought they were cool. I've never had a problem with the bigger Eleventh sonic, either.

And i'm not sure how you can master a prop the use of which depends on the actor's interpretation of how it works. I loved Tenant's acting with the 9th/10th sonic and I loved the flicks and swishes of the 11th sonic. They both "mastered" their respective sonics.

I take your point about each actor mastering their respective sonics, but for me, David was the best, most iconic doctor ever, and his sonic use was a major contributing factor to that status.

+1 on analogy

I think Eccleston used it best. It looked like he was actually setting it and using it as a tool rather than a prop. And he never pointed it like it was a gun either.

Yeah - I think Eccleston twisted the end cap as if turning it set it to another function. But for me, he held it without enough purpose, like you said, he held it like a tool. But I preferred tennant's stronger grip and the way he used it more as a gadget rather than just a screwdriver

I liked the way that CE used the black end to touch LED screens, as seen in the 2nd episode (forget the name). It was though the Sonics was reading the info. A shame the blue section to cover the wire in the prototype was never realised in the actual prop. Best Sonic? Rivers IMO!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back