Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

I understand that several different metal pieces are being used for the bolt on these but I want to know how these are exactly being attached so the force on them when priming the blaster doesn't snap them off?

On mine, I just used a screw thru the cable connector and super glue as lock tight.
Also, I don't use it as a charging handle since I don't trust it staying on so I charge it by pulling the top of the entire slider.

No issues yet! And I use it to charge it all the time and when it gets a little sticky (new oring) I really manhandle it so no worries but maybe if you can reinforce it behind there do it but if you just use normally. . . No worries

Sent from the Garage!

Small update on my build.

I found a thin sheet of dark smoke tinted plastic at work (in the bin). Not sure what it's from, it's soft like cling film, but much thicker (and not clingy):

Looks promising
03728429-A35F-4848-B6C0-08CE19FF5965-5230-000005B12A878FA1.jpg

Direct over the display, it's a winner :)
07294358-A192-4A82-BBA6-E92C46344F27-5230-000005AAC6DBB15E.jpg

This piece was seperate, I have a larger piece as well, could do maybe 16 more displays with a bit extra so they can be trimmed to fit perfectly.

If anyone want a piece you can have one for free, just cover postage and I'm happy :thumbsup

I also wired up the 3w amp and speaker, while not as loud as I had expected, but that's because it hasnt got an enclosure yet, still figuring that one out. It's got a lot of shake at the bottom end though, the grenade launcher/explosion samples really come into thier own :)

Let's rock!!! :thumbsup

Found some time to do a bit more to my PR. I got a small heatink from work as it looked like the charge PCB might fit, turns out I was right :)

It was a little large to fit the handgrip cavity, so a quick trim sorted that out :thumbsup

IMG_20130409_222858.jpg

Hey guys, I noticed that the new Nerf Elite series has a 12 dart clip, might save a lot of hassle if it fits the recon blaster:

IMG_20130414_135734.jpg

That's an amazing build with the nerf guns always wanted my own pulse rifle, I just checked the price for the nerf guns on ebay I can only assume this thread is the cause of the cost for these paticular nerf guns in question lol.
I know my son has a couple of nerf guns going to see which one's he owns :D

Great work!

That's an amazing build with the nerf guns always wanted my own pulse rifle, I just checked the price for the nerf guns on ebay I can only assume this thread is the cause of the cost for these paticular nerf guns in question lol.
I know my son has a couple of nerf guns going to see which one's he owns :D

Great work!

Nerf guns in general have an oddly high resale value, particularly after the blaster in question is discontinued. I amassed a pretty large collection of Nerf guns a few years ago, most of which I just bought off the shelf for full retail. I've since sold all but two of them, and made a huge profit. It's mostly a result of the modification community who view it as a more hands on alternative to airsoft and paintball. I had a Nerf red dot sight that I bought for $15 a few years back, and was able to sell last year for $90 due to it's slight rarity.

More on topic, depending on how much of the gun you're willing to build out of foam, the Longshot also makes an acceptable albeit single shot alternative to the Stampede. That said, if you don't have a Longshot on hand it's more difficult and expensive to procure than the Stampede due to the coveted standard plunger design.

Edit: Additionally, the N-Strike "Elite" revision to the Stampede is being released, if anyone is having difficulty finding a Stampede locally. Perhaps not quite as suited to the Pulse Rifle aesthetic, but still serviceable:
Nerf+N-Strike+Elite+Rapidstrike+CS-18+-+Preview+-+001.jpg

Last edited:
I have a friend who works at a shop that can cnc styrene I'm having him cut my pieces out for my second one my hand still hurts from the first one

Sent from the Garage!

My speaker and amp have finally arrived :thumbsup

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums...64-9B72-0DB4D951A247-388-00000036986FED17.jpg

Not a bad size for 3w, they should be easy enough to find stash places for. I'm tempted to locate it near the front as that's where the sound would come from normally, but it will depend on overall loadness as I'm aiming for quality over volume.

I just looked this amp up online. How do you have it wired up? I'm a bit confused by the trash can, two lines to "In" and the speaker hook up. Oh, and do you have a link or other info on that speaker? Thanks!

20130611_122254.jpg

Just wanted to share what I've done so far. I used a retaliator for its 12 round mag & I also wanted mine a little more screen accurate so I cut an ejection port for the grenade launcher (yes, everything is still functional) I designed a SPAZ styled cage for the space under the front gun & I also rebuilt the pump grip part (had to use 2 LS pump grips). comments?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back