Need opinions- best adhesive for Vader lightsaber grips

No way am I as experienced as much as some others like my man halliwax . However, I have used both epoxy and double-sided 3M-like tape and both worked extremely well. The tape doesn't sit quite as flush as the epoxy/E6000, however you could calm some OCD by the fact that it isn't asss permanent as the epoxy. If you choose to use E6000 or another epoxy, my only suggestion is error on the lighter side of the amount applied. Any excess epoxy that may splurge out will set fast and is not fun to clean up. Good luck!

When I did mine with E6000 I just did one T track at a time. Laying the saber on its side with the track being glued on top. Stuck flash on a set of blocks to keep it from rolling around and maintain the position. The E6000 takes a while to setup so any motion or position that exposes the track to gravity will result in heartache :( Just have to be patient and take it one strip at a time. So the attachment of the grips becomes a week long project. However, once done and dry it holds great! I think if you want to do more than one at a time you need to use one of the double sided tape methods. Just my 2 cents based on my own experience.

Exactly how I do it, 1 track glued on a night with e6000

I just got the tape JoeG recommended. It's changed my life. I have all these custom sabers waiting for grips-- I HATE working with the E6000 and putting on grips. This tape is great though, it very similar to what Roman and Korbanth use on their pre-cut grips.

I just got the tape JoeG recommended. It's changed my life. I have all these custom sabers waiting for grips-- I HATE working with the E6000 and putting on grips. This tape is great though, it very similar to what Roman and Korbanth use on their pre-cut grips.
*AHEM* Who was it that recommended it again? ;)

I personally use JB Weld’s ClearWeld for my grips.

It is a gift from the gods...

Any excess cleans up easily, sets in 5 minutes, and has outstanding strength.

And—it’s got a great taste.

1AC3C86C-1C34-4C99-B782-20D170D42AB7.jpeg

Last edited:

How does it handle the t track channel not matching the curvature of the flash body?

How does it handle the t track channel not matching the curvature of the flash body?
I can answer that... if you just put one strip down the channel it doesn't work very well at all. I use two strips - if you overlap them and run part of each strip out onto the flat part of the t track it works great.

I can answer that... if you just put one strip down the channel it doesn't work very well at all. I use two strips - if you overlap them and run part of each strip out onto the flat part of the t track it works great.

Exactly that-- if you double it up, it fills the channel perfectly.

Okay, thanks.

if you overlap them and run part of each strip out onto the flat part of the t track

I feel like that would collect dust super well.

I don't remember the name, but it's black tape, 10mm wide, brand is 3M, most of good adhesive tape are made by 3M, the scotch 3M and unbranded scotch tape are just two different things.So the tape is black, 1/2mm thick, double side glue, very strong adhesive power, the paper is green.
I was happy, I ordered one roll on ebay, they shipped the wrong roll (thicker and softer, white color) I asked to ship the good stuff, they said keep the wrong one, they shipped the right roll, twice...
You can see in action here, at 4:51

I had some grips move or come off using the clear tape after about five years. I used the black stuff since to see how long it lasts.

I got the tape and the E6000.

Tried the tape first and seems to work like a charm.
Reminds me of the old blastech tape they used to use on their grips...that stuff lasted forever.

If it fails ill go with the E6000.

Thanks guys. [emoji106]

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back