Mynock cave - Falcon Oxygen Mask

The correct washers for these were difficult for me to find. They're 1/2 inch OD x 1/8 inch ID aluminum. The rivets I used are 1/16in - 1/8in grip range. I always thought the washers on this part looked like the sides were filed down. They definitely are or at least that's what I believe. There's no way the washers fit in that space otherwise.
The washer in this picture is the correct outside diameter but the inside diameter needs to be 1/8 inch. This is just an example to show it doesn't fit unless you file down the sides.
20220325_020727.jpg
20220326_215731.jpg
20220318_183708.jpg
20220318_183725.jpg

I've had this add for a long time. However you can't really tell that that's the part. Anyway here's some other photos of it. It was designed for prescription lenses. Apparently like all original star wars parts it is extremely difficult to find. Not because of star wars prop builders but because I guess divers collect vintage scuba masks and gear.
20220416_170602.jpg
20220416_170624.jpg
TECHNISUB Catalogo 1973 - 5.jpg
TECHNISUB Catalogo 1976 - 7.jpg
20220219_210154.jpg

Hey everyone I've been casting these things and I wanted to point out something you'll probably notice when you get your casts. One of the points on the piece is more pointed than the other. So when they're mounted they won't be semetrical. I thought I would need to cast the left and the right piece but they're both shaped the exact same. Here's photos of both the left and right (real) pieces together. Might be more noticeable in person. The one without the D-ring is the one I've been casting. Its the better looking one of the two.
20220427_210350.jpg
20220427_210603.jpg
20220427_205830.jpg

They look awesome

What thickness are the d rings? mine that were bought separately and didn’t come with the strap/mask look much thicker, I may need to find new ones to fit

Or make some with stainless wire and a split pin?

They look awesome

What thickness are the d rings? mine that were bought separately and didn’t come with the strap/mask look much thicker, I may need to find new ones to fit

Or make some with stainless wire and a split pin?
I'll check after work. Had to take my wife to the ER yesterday. Luckily everything is ok.
The D-rings are easy to install without scratching. I'll show how to do it. I need to make another mold so I can pour a few at a time.

I'll check after work. Had to take my wife to the ER yesterday. Luckily everything is ok.
The D-rings are easy to install without scratching. I'll show how to do it. I need to make another mold so I can pour a few at a time.
No worries, no rush, take care for your wife before anything else. I bought d rings, but the ones I have look to think, I was guessing on the size at the time.

So glad you like them. I tried to match the real ones the best I could. Post up your mask when its done! Stoked to see it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back