Mynock cave - Falcon Oxygen Mask

Wow!

I can also state that I was told Michell didn’t produce anything directly for filming. (The old story was that they liked some bits and asked them to make large batches of simplified items) the SW team came in and purchased parts already made for record players. Obviously a lot of them, but similar situation.

I had a great conversation with the current owner of Transcriptors that started out over a greeblie.

Oh and these soda syphon (sp?) tops are also on the desk in the medical bay where Luke gets his new hand. They’re connected to clear tubing running down the back of the panel.

Wow!

I can also state that I was told Michell didn’t produce anything directly for filming. (The old story was that they liked some bits and asked them to make large batches of simplified items) the SW team came in and purchased parts already made for record players. Obviously a lot of them, but similar situation.

I had a great conversation with the current owner of Transcriptors that started out over a greeblie.

Oh and these soda syphon (sp?) tops are also on the desk in the medical bay where Luke gets his new hand. They’re connected to clear tubing running down the back of the panel.
They did make C-3PO's eyes, but I believe that's the only thing (at least known) that they made specifically for Star Wars.

1660195228085.png

Revell V8 engine kit strikes again! Just watching the Light and Magic doco on Disney. John Dykstra states they did not buy model kits individually but bought "by the kilogram"! I didn't even know that was possible.

ILM was completely separate from the UK props department which did buy specific kits - although probably also in bulk. The only two kits known so far to be used in ESB are the V8 kit and the Revell 1/32 F-4E Phantom II.

Revell V8 engine kit strikes again! Just watching the Light and Magic doco on Disney. John Dykstra states they did not buy model kits individually but bought "by the kilogram"! I didn't even know that was possible.
That was an awesome show

Here it is! May tweak a few more minor details, but this is ready for a test print. Can anyone provide some length, width (circumference), height measurements for the tank, please? I especially need it in sections... ie sparkletts top, main body cylinder, and the base of the cylinder where it starts to round out... Thanks in advance! View attachment 1354935
Is it possible to get this stl file please?

Hey,

I'm looking for an stl file for the oxygen canister.
Anybody would send me this file or let me know a link?
Thank you very much :)

The bottom of the canister might be in the ESB Snowspeeder cockpit. I have to dig up that old public B&W photo but you might be able to see it in screenshots.

The gunner side of the cockpit has hoses surrounding the main screen. Those hoses hook up to cylinders with flats milled into them…. Could be our bottom

The top of the canister is the top of a soda siphon and a sparklets bulb holder, the same part is used on the at-at pilot helmet. There is also a transcriptor knurled part.

I don’t think the bottom of the canister has been identified yet, I’m just using aluminium tube for mine,

I’m still working on a full 3D-printable version of the tank, including the knurled Mitchell knob. Just been slow-going... haha. My plan is to print it, clean it up with sanding/XTC, mould it, and then cast it. I’ll keep everyone updated on here and start a run thread in the junkyard when it’s ready.
Do you have the cave mask canister stl file for me?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back